Parry Sound area trails

b-bry

The trail map shows C Alternate open yellow across Portage Lake (just north of Parry Sound).  Is this lake staked?  Anyone been on it recently?

1 hour ago, b-bry said:

The trail map shows C Alternate open yellow across Portage Lake (just north of Parry Sound).  Is this lake staked?  Anyone been on it recently?

I was on it a week an a bit ago. It was staked and in good condition. I would think not much has changed other than more water pooling on the top from some of the rainy days. It had 8" plus on it at least. Also heard that lake joe has mostly frozen over. Definitely NOT rideable but I guess from most of the week having mostly cloudy days keeping the sun from shinning down on it has actually allowed it to freeze a bit... Area trails like BlakeG stated are all listed as yellow check the itg map for current open an closing, most of our trails have a good base on them and allowed them to hold up for the week with + temps an rain. Although some of the typical water areas are starting to open up so if out on them take caution while riding. Its starting to snow here pretty good now for the past couple hours and has about 2 cms fallen so far. The next forecast is looking good with good low temps at night on the weekend and some snow for the rest of the week till sunday so far. We will hopefully be getting grooming operations started soon. 

Thank you for update.

Sounds good guys. 

3 hours ago, b-bry said:

Portage & Nine Mile were staked on the 14th, good to go!

I stayed off on the weekend while it was raining but lots of traffic this week.

On 24/01/2017 at 8:20 PM, psledhead said:

Portage & Nine Mile were staked on the 14th, good to go!

I stayed off on the weekend while it was raining but lots of traffic this week.

Thought Id give SSSC club trails update for those wanting to know for the weekend since I was on some of them tonight. Groomers have been going throughout the week trying to get the trails back to their former glory. 201 was done yesterday and we have now done the section of the 201 that leads past the humphrey transfer station crossing hwy 141 into little whitefish lake( the lake is staked and was in good condition) That little section of the 201 from the marshal rd to hwy 141 is really rough and a few water holes but nothing too big that you cant get through as we did not drag that yet as it was only packed with the groomer. Although from marshal rd up the rest of the 201 to the seguin trail is really great! id say 90%. I only got on the seguin trail from the entrance of 201 and ran that north onto C ALT trail into parry sound. That section of seguin trail was good with some studder bumps here an there as well some very minor wet areas. The groomer was out tonight doing the seguin trail to sprucedale so it should only been improved since my last visit tonight. As well C ALT north is fantastic, until you get off the main trail at the intersection of 210 and C Alt heading into parry sound, the section heading into town from there was a bit rough but still enough that you can still pass through everywhere. Overall given the conditions of the last week an half the trails surprisingly held up very good and id say most of the trail system is an 80%, an with more snow and colder temps on the way so far its only going to get better. Hope everyone has a great weekend of riding trails!

Thank you for updates and job you have done.

It's snowing right now in Humphrey so hopefully we will enjoy weather and trails.

Cheers 

Have a great ride in a morning 

Seguin trail was virgin at 8am 

Really enjoyed my ride 

Resized_20170129_083138.jpeg

Resized_20170129_083124.jpeg

Resized_20170129_083207.jpeg

lookin good Andrey!

It was not too many people riding in a morning I met only one guy on gas station and 4 guys on my way for 2.5 hours ride

201 need a little bit of  more work,as mention after the 141 transfer station. Considering what the club

had to deal and work with weather wise they did an outstanding job.Some of the mud holes made my machine look like an ATV that just came back from mud bogging.

No big deal, nothing that cannot be washed off. With cold temps this week they should be closing up nicely.

Two thumps up to club members and volunteers 

As for me my season has come to an end life has decided to throw us a curve ball.The dreaded C word has decided to show its face with my wife.

Our battle will begin this Friday to conquer and defeat it.

Here's hoping that Feb will give all clubs,volunteers and sledder's a good decent finish to the season

Be safe Cheers!!

Sorry to hear about your wife.  All the best in her battle and we'll be pulling for you.

Best wishes for your wife and you. Always remember it can be beaten. 

Best wishes.

57 minutes ago, gobills said:

All the best with your wife were all here for support!!!

x2  We're thinking of you cravesledding.  Yes the C word can be beat!!!!!  Hang in there

Wishing nothing but positive results for your wife and you in your upcoming battle Cravesledding. All of us OCer's are pulling for you.

11 hours ago, cravesledding said:

201 need a little bit of  more work,as mention after the 141 transfer station. Considering what the club

had to deal and work with weather wise they did an outstanding job.Some of the mud holes made my machine look like an ATV that just came back from mud bogging.

No big deal, nothing that cannot be washed off. With cold temps this week they should be closing up nicely.

As for me my season has come to an end life has decided to throw us a curve ball.The dreaded C word has decided to show its face with my wife.

Here's hoping that Feb will give all clubs,volunteers and sledder's a good decent finish to the season

Be safe Cheers!!

Our family"s thoughts are with your family . May god bless your wife with the strength to beat this 

10 hours ago, extreme600 said:

x2  We're thinking of you cravesledding.  Yes the C word can be beat!!!!!  Hang in there

X3 and best wishes. F..k I hate cancer

13 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Be safe Cheers!!

Thanks for the kind words, I'll pass along to the rest of the crew as it is good to hear feed back from sledders about all their hard work that goes into making a trail. 

As for your family's battle with the dreaded C word, I cannot express how sorry I am to hear that. I wish you two all the best and hope for the best as she WILL beat this! Try to stay positive as your strength will give her strength.

Cheers,

Gavin 

19 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Very sorry to hear that. Here are a few pointers from a previous experience to help you out:

-make sure hospital staff are aware of the specific 'point people' - those people to whom they will be communicating about your wife's progress, needs, etc.

-get on your contacts - social media, texts, etc. and ensure friends and acquaintances know that you are limiting visits to immediate family only - your patient is going to be very tired.

-make sure your wife has an 'advocate' - someone at the hospital who can get ice water, extra pillows, report pain etc. The nurses these days are very over worked and can't keep an eye on everyone, but if asked for something they can make it happen or double check on things IV's falling out or loose etc.

-once home, again limit visitors and gifts. Missed a purolator delivery from some well meaning person, had to drive 20 kms to pick up a parcel meant for the patient, had better things to do. People seem to feel that bringing food is a good idea or something they have to do. You might want to limit this as well. Most ends up being thrown out or in some cases suspect to the point where food poisoning might be a problem.

We met once at Wild Bill's place a few year's ago - I reshake your hand and wish you all the best.

Archived