Timmins to Chapleau

tricky

Does anyone know when C101D might open between Timmins and Chapleau? I know that it is quite a distance that only services out-of-town touring riders, but what a tour it is when the Big Loop is available.

I read in another forum that a guy from southern Ontario tried it last week from Timmins going west and the groomer had turned around after 15 KM.(I think it was) and there was not a sign of any marks in the 3 feet of snow on the ground beyond that point. He turned around and had to back track through Hearst and down. Rode from Hearst to Searchmount in one day. 648 km. That is one hell of a day's ride.

I saw on the ITG that there were some sections open a few days ago.  Now all are closed.  I don't think it makes sense to show only part as open.  Hoping it is open by next week as I have plans to travel through there the first week of February.  Any news would be appreciated

17 minutes ago, Doo Dad said:

I saw on the ITG that there were some sections open a few days ago.  Now all are closed.  I don't think it makes sense to show only part as open.  Hoping it is open by next week as I have plans to travel through there the first week of February.  Any news would be appreciated

Each club shows their section of trail in the colour according to the condition. Chapleau only goes part way towards Timmins so they may show that as yellow while another section is red.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have news about the C101D I see it is yellow from Chapleau to Foleyet, whats going on with the section to Timmins.  

37 minutes ago, northstar said:

Anyone have news about the C101D I see it is yellow from Chapleau to Foleyet, whats going on with the section to Timmins.  

Read on fb it was packed towards foleyet from timmins yesterday,  had a bridge out to detour was a big delay,

Check out Timmins facebook page. They were having trouble at White Birch crossing. Posted 11hrs. ago they had made it to Opishing.

Archived