The O.P.P. seem scarce around here

pt3189

I have put on 600 kms between Havelock and Lake Saint Peter over the last few weeks and have not seen a single O.P.P. anywhere , or have I heard from any sledders that have seen them . I own a restaurant on the trail in Havelock and the O.P.P. would usually park their trailer across the street where it was nice and visible .This would happen almost once a week but not once this winter. We have had yellow and green trails for a few weeks and I have met a number of sledders in the restaurant from out of the area and I make it a point to speak to them and not ne have mentioned any Police on trails.

We met OPP entrance of Seguin trail,  Parry Sound side yesterday. They was on two cars with open alcohol tester kit on trunk  ;)

we was asked a couple questions and continue our trip.

Don't drink and drive:)

They where on the trails south of Madoc this weekend. They reported an ATV roll over and minor injuries. No word if the rider was charged for being on a closed sled trail outside ATV usaged dates with an ATV mind you. 

Got stopped last week on the Seguin by rochester road. Guy asked me how many trees were down on the trails.This was after the big storm with high winds.I told him 4 trees between Sand lake and Kearney. He then pulled out his cell pnone and started to text what i told him. I then asked him if he was texting Mark Reynolds the groomer operator for Highland Rovers. He said "yes"  so i then told him well those trees were down on the Almaguin District Club trails.He said "well i am sure Mark will forward this text to the correct person in that club". Glad to see the guy was concerned about peoples safety.    

3 hours ago, andreyboater said:

We met OPP entrance of Seguin trail,  Parry Sound side yesterday. They was on two cars with open alcohol tester kit on trunk  ;)

we was asked a couple questions and continue our trip.

Don't drink and drive:)

what's an open alcohol tester? or do you just mean the breathalizer?

breathalizer:-D

Last Tuesday night I did 80 kms before the wife's meeting. Got stopped by a lone opp in a cruiser ... How are you doing tonight sir ? Great , I'm sledding and it's snowing like crazy!  Anything to drink tonight sir ?  Does coffee count ?  He laughed and sent me along.

This Saturday there was a spot check at the town access trail , checking everything. One sled in a pair behind us had no current pass . I hope they got charged. 

Archived