Mattawa Valois: Monday Jan 16, 2017

Blake G

I booked for Monday night at the Valois, and will take it from there.

Planning to leave Gravenhurst around 9 tomorrow morning to get up there before noon.

Rumours of some other OC'ers being in the area.....

just got back from there trails good shape not much traffic

31 minutes ago, tireless said:

just got back from there trails good shape not much traffic

I was there on Saturday and Sunday and trails were busy from Noon on heading East towards Deep River.  Overall trails were in good shape considering the traffic and they A series were groomed as was the access to Valois.

Service at Valois restaurant was generally slow but the food was good and it was sold out last night.

Have fun.

Great to see and ride with Nunz and his brother as well as 14Snow, Snocrazy, AkronSnow and his son.

Trails were great and so was the comraderie.

Leaving from Emsdale  Monday morning going to Mattawa , Valois Monday and Tuesday nights then return to Emsdale on Wednesday.

Hope to see you on my travels.

Sounds good!

We had a great ride!! Trails were mint. Even after heavy Saturday traffic the ride back from Deep River on the A trail was great aside from one small rough section. Hats off to the clubs they have done a great job. 

Have a great ride Blakeimage.jpeg

Never seen it so busy on the NRSA & Missing Link trails on Saturday.  Despite that, the trails held up very well.  The trails are bulletproof and plenty of snow.  Great job by the clubs.  Even saw a couple of the sleds from this forum, namely Nunz and Sledjunk's flickering headlights parked at the Bear's Den in Deep River.

Hats off to the Mattawa club as well.  I hit their trails today and they were great too.

46 minutes ago, Snowbiz said:

Leaving from Emsdale  Monday morning going to Mattawa , Valois Monday and Tuesday nights then return to Emsdale on Wednesday.

Hope to see you on my travels.

Awesome maybe we will see you there. 

48 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Great to see and ride with Nunz and his brother as well as 14Snow, Snocrazy, AkronSnow and his son.

WTH Sledjunk why didn't you stay longer so we could meet up with you????????  LOL  Glad you had a good time.

1 hour ago, snocrazy said:

We had a great ride!! Trails were mint. Even after heavy Saturday traffic the ride back from Deep River on the A trail was great aside from one small rough section. Hats off to the clubs they have done a great job. 

Have a great ride Blakeimage.jpeg

Great Pic!  It was great to finally meet KCC as well!

10 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Great Pic!  It was great to finally meet KCC as well!

We were by the NRSA stopping place yesterday afternoon as well.  

The Missing Link poker run is this coming Saturday Jan 21. Come out and support one of the clubs that get the trails in shape for you.

We usually hit the poker runs. 

Not sure if we will make it this year yet tho unfortunatly

Sure was great to meet all of you on Saturday!  Business weekend and nice to see lots of sledders out enjoying the trails.  Yesterday, we went from Rolphton to Mattawa Ski & Golf for a late lunch, it was not as busy, only met about 6 sledders & 1 moose on the way home. Trails were held up very well! Let hope the mild weather stays away!

1 hour ago, shawnj said:

We usually hit the poker runs. 

Not sure if we will make it this year yet tho unfortunatly

The next Missing Link poker run is on March 4th

20 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Thanks guys for a great weekend, My brother couldn't stop talking about how nice you guys all were and how lucky I was to have made friends with you all, It was nice to meet KCC and I forget his name sorry that was with her, The local clubs did a fantastic job all weekend considering how much traffic that was on the trails, It sure was nice to leave the Valois Sunday morning and seeing the groomer had been through and back out.  Again thanks guys!!

2017-01-16 17.29.02.jpg

New crop of sledders here now.

2017-01-16 17.33.19.jpg

Awesome pic Blake.  Thanks roadrunner!!!

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

New crop of sledders here now.

2017-01-16 17.33.19.jpg

Gonna need bouncers for this crew ...... :D

So I never made it to Mattawa. I started out and had a great ride until I got on over 12km's of road running on the "D" east of Powassan. The Near North Trail Map indicates 13.2km's in that section and my guess is it's all on the road.

The road running actually wasn't that bad today but the further I went along the more I thought about having to ride back on it on Wednesday after the thaw and freezing rain. So I turned around, went back to Emsdale and now I am back home

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone that are at the Valois Motel. Maybe next time I wont whimp out

30 minutes ago, Snowbiz said:

So I turned around, went back to Emsdale and now I am back home

Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone that are at the Valois Motel. Maybe next time I wont whimp out

He who turns and rides away, lives to ride another day.

12 hours ago, Blake G said:

He who turns and rides away, lives to ride another day.

Hey Blake, do you have poetic license to that line????

I love it. Can I use it when the appropriate occasion arrives?

Archived