Parry Sound Parking

Wildbill

2 hours ago, SuperG said:

Yes I know but if some get the point and understand it and dont use them, then it will eventually get them thinking maybe. 

Will do my best to avoid them, its easy with food cause there isn't anything good there anyways.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If the township had parking in the deal approval then why isn't the Township being asked to enforce the deal as approved? (if they haven't been already)

This is one situation when you hope the city does not budge.

1 hour ago, Btbt said:

Any updates on the parking situation at the service center, any signs posted? As far as one hour limit, transport trucks park longer than that when taking their breaks.

there are signs although they do not seem to be enforcing them 

Screenshot_2017-01-21-07-22-40.png

36 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

as I said that they do not seem to be enforcing them 

They got a guy from weeks telling people they CANT park there over an hour, or someone from their own staff doing so... and as such they have no legal right so far to kick people off for parking over an hour if they ARE using the trail. If they tow their vehicles then the plaza would be on the hook for towing them as well having to fork up some cash for inconveniencing their customer!

3 hours ago, SuperG said:

They got a guy from weeks telling people they CANT park there over an hour, or someone from their own staff doing so... and as such they have no legal right so far to kick people off for parking over an hour if they ARE using the trail. If they tow their vehicles then the plaza would be on the hook for towing them as well having to fork up some cash for inconveniencing their customer!

It was their own guy . The guy from Weeks plowed out a secondary lot to help some folks out . Since the first times and the twp talking to them I have not heard of any more incidents. If you hear of any please have them put in writing it is useful. 

This is not good news, with the trail issues to the north and now the parking issue @ Seguin Trail,

I hope we are not headed toward the "Not snowmobile friendly" designation....

16 minutes ago, psledhead said:

This is not good news, with the trail issues to the north and now the parking issue @ Seguin Trail,

I hope we are not headed toward the "Not snowmobile friendly" designation....just my thoughts.

The Carling club is working to solve the issues for the long term to the north. The Seguin twp has built a new sled friendly parking lot for free use. This does not seem unfriendly 

Sure doesn't sound unfriendly to me. A lot more friendly than a bunch of places I can think of.

On 1/22/2017 at 3:35 PM, Wildbill said:

The Carling club is working to solve the issues for the long term to the north. The Seguin twp has built a new sled friendly parking lot for free use. This does not seem unfriendly 

Thanks Bill, I am fully aware of what Carling is trying to accomplish.

And where is this "new" free parking lot located?

FTR, I have been parking at the Seguin Trail info centre since the mid 80's.

15 minutes ago, psledhead said:

Thanks Bill, I am fully aware of what Carling is trying to accomplish.

And where is this "new" free parking lot located?

FTR, I have been parking at the Seguin Trail info centre since the mid 80's.

I for one will not tellyou not to park there . The parking area is at Cargill drive and Oastler park drive roughly across from where the old georgian performance was 

19 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

I for one will not tellyou not to park there . The parking area is at Cargill drive and Oastler park drive roughly across from where the old georgian performance was 

Thanks for your reply, I will have to check it out!

16 minutes ago, psledhead said:

Thanks for your reply, I will have to check it out!

curiously enough there were 14 tractor trailers at the travel center tonight and nobody bugging them .  The parking lot is more on Cargill drive years ago it was a CNR switchyard for the fuel depot that was at the now frito lay warehouse 

what are trails like after the long mild spell? Think they will be worth riding next week?

Cargill Rd parking lot and adjacent trail, as of noon today.

Unfortunately, the Cargill lot is currently separated from the main part of the Seguin Trail by a section coded red on the ITG.

2017-01-24 14.58.17.jpg

2017-01-24 14.58.38.jpg

28 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

what are trails like after the long mild spell? Think they will be worth riding next week?

I was in Parry Sound today, (not sledding). Roadside inspection shows that the area trails still have considerable base, same as the Muskoka trails coded yellow on the ITG. Some cold weather, new snow, and resumption of grooming will get the ball rolling again.

For now I would say the yellow trails are rideable, but any segments that require road running should be crossed of your list because the shoulder snow has melted, along with the shoulder ice that had been built up. Currently, you are staring at dry pavement covered in an excess of sand and salt, put down during the icy days last week.

A lot of parking in the Mactier area. There is a new parking lot for Snowmobile trailers behind the school in town, plus you can park by the library. Also, there are a few snowmobile friendly businesses that allow parking. Mactier is only a short distance away from the Seguin Trail, but once you ride all the trails in Six Star, you might not want to leave.

six-star-map-5.jpg

Last time I was on the Six Star trails they were stellar conditions. That was not last winter but the winter before. You couldn't have asked for better riding conditions.

Signage though we found to be less than ideal when we got into the MacTier town area. We had a heck of a time trying to find our way around after we got off of the main trails such a C and 10. We found so many places where we came to a split and there was nothing to tell us which way to go. What we found were 8.5 X 11 printed map sections in a plastic sleave that didn't tell us much since it didn't show where it connected to. We ended up riding into a guys backyard and could see the main road into town. We never did get to the Foodland that day. We ran into a lot of other people wondering how to get back to the C trail.

We were told the club was working diligently to improve signage. If they have indeed done so then I agree their trails are great.  

On 1/24/2017 at 2:54 PM, Blake G said:

I was in Parry Sound today, (not sledding). Roadside inspection shows that the area trails still have considerable base, same as the Muskoka trails coded yellow on the ITG. Some cold weather, new snow, and resumption of grooming will get the ball rolling again.

For now I would say the yellow trails are rideable, but any segments that require road running should be crossed of your list because the shoulder snow has melted, along with the shoulder ice that had been built up. Currently, you are staring at dry pavement covered in an excess of sand and salt, put down during the icy days last week.

many of the sssc trails have been groomed since the thaw some like the seguin several times 

Apparently the travel center is happier now. The one hour parking signs have chased away some of the tractor trailers so they will not be enforcing the rule towards trail users  indeed this is the quote that I received indirectly

The restaurant staff   when asked  about the  1 hour parking signs  have been  told to  say  that  trail users can  park for the day.

Thanks for the great update, Bill.

Good I filled up there.

Archived