Bancroft or Barrys bay this weekend worth the drive ?

Akronsnow

Thinking about driving up from the states Friday morning, we were supposed to go to Dwight but it went red so considering going east to Bancroft or Barrys bay but it's a 6hr drive and want to make sure its worth the long haul for a weekend ? Please Help !!

1 hour ago, Akronsnow said:

Thinking about driving up from the states Friday morning, we were supposed to go to Dwight but it went red so considering going east to Bancroft or Barrys bay but it's a 6hr drive and want to make sure its worth the long haul for a weekend ? Please Help !!

Hi buddy!! I will be in Mattawa this weekend with my brother at the Valois Motel, have found it's a good place to stage from and it might be closer for you as well. Would be great to go for a ride and have a couple beers at dinner.

I talked to a couple guy's this aft here in Petawawa.  They were to trailer to Bancroft today then ride up to here. They ended up trailering all the way up.  They said they had heard some downed trees along the route they were intending on taking.  So..... Hard to say at the moment.  Barry's Bay perhaps, but not many loops open yet due to Golden Lake  not yet safe.  Not a lot of help to you, but just a bit of info I know of at this time. 

16 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Hi buddy!! I will be in Mattawa this weekend with my brother at the Valois Motel, have found it's a good place to stage from and it might be closer for you as well. Would be great to go for a ride and have a couple beers at dinner.

Sounds like a safer bet Nunz. 

Hey Nunz, which are the better rooms to get there 30s or 50s ? I just called and both are available

I trailered to Bancroft last weekend and rode the 106 to Whitney then the B to Pembroke. I had heard of issues with downed trees but only saw a few cases where brush was leaning over the trail.  It was smooth and fast ; mostly rail trail. Most was even groomed Saturday night so I had fresh running most of the way back. 

Nunz ,, Reserved a room , should be there around 1 Friday, see you there. two red yami's 

56 minutes ago, Akronsnow said:

Hey Nunz, which are the better rooms to get there 30s or 50s ? I just called and both are available

23 minutes ago, Akronsnow said:

Nunz ,, Reserved a room , should be there around 1 Friday, see you there. two red yami's 

We are in the 30's and will be arriving at the same time as you guys. One black Assault and one Red and White Polaris. We are planning on going for a afternoon ride maybe towards the Mica Mines.  I will send you a PM with my Cell number

20 minutes ago, Bigdaddy63250 said:

We put 50 miles today around Bay Lake area and kearney area.  Trails showed red but they were really good.  Few water spots we slowed down for.  But otherwise it was good day...

???????????????????????????????????

19 minutes ago, Bigdaddy63250 said:

We put 50 miles today around Bay Lake area and kearney area.  Trails showed red but they were really good.  Few water spots we slowed down for.  But otherwise it was good day...

Just to let you in on the meaning of red! ! ! Red means the trail is closed whether it was really good or not.

Archived