Lindsay to Halibuton for lunch??

johnsazzr

It is possible the access to the rail trail from TBR may be pretty poor....2 fields and a bit of riding beside the rd....

did a bit over 100k today Lindsay to Twin Mountains with my daughter...rail trail was very good north of Fenelon and in Twin Mountains..

Planning to head out tomorrow around 10am... not sure where ...perhaps Haliburton if the rail trail is as good as it was today...otherwise.....??

15977661_10158036269545392_8728315872469121967_n.jpg

Friend from work and I unloaded in Fenelon Falls today. Rode to Haliburton and back. Trails were in very good shape. After we got back to Fenelon, decided to head to Lindsay and back. Trails were flat and smooth for the most part, but a little icy in spots. Put on about 175 km's. Beautiful day for riding.

46 minutes ago, gobills said:

glad you had a good day out there!!  Baked and battered in Halliburton has great coffee and lunch.

I have never ridden into Haliburton before...Is there fuel close to the trail??

gas is just to the right of the lake. You cross the road and drive beside the lake and you will see it to your right.

When you get to Haliburton, you cross the road in front of the train engine sitting there. Just get on Head Lake and stay to your right. The gas station is 3 or 400 yds. away. You can actually see it from the field where the train sits.

Yes it's right there it's an XTR and offers premium fuel.  You can also stay off the lake and just stay on the walking path area just so you know.  Baked and battered is just down the road from the gas station.

Driving north on 35, they park on the right (East) side of TBR.

Baked and Battered is a HCSA sponsor.  Let them know your appreciation.

HALI.jpg

Also gas in Fenelon Falls.

Two weeks ago I rode from Haliburton to TBR and Highway 35 and back to Haliburton on a tank of gas, but fuel was getting low. I was carrying five gallons with me, so wasn't worried.

Hello Blake. Did the same run last sat. and again today. I used about 35 litres, still had 10 litres left. Good for another 50 km's. My buddy has an 04 polaris legend. He had to fill up in Haliburton. He used 25 litres one way. He said it has always been a pig on gas.

Lindsay to Halliburton sounds like a great ride ! ill approach a couple buddies to do that route next wknd

thanks to all for the intel

cheers

mike

A question about the trail from Lindsay to Halliburton....does a portion of the trail cross Sturgeon Lake or is there a bridge ?

cheers

mike

No lake crossing. 

I am planning on heading out tomorrow after work. I am planning on leaving from TBR. Hope to get another ride in before the rain on Tuesday

15 minutes ago, snocrazy said:

I am planning on heading out tomorrow after work. I am planning on leaving from TBR. Hope to get another ride in before the rain on Tuesday

what time is " after work " ?

15 minutes ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

what time is " after work " ?

By the time I get there it would be 5-5:30ish. 

18 minutes ago, snocrazy said:

By the time I get there it would be 5-5:30ish. 

are you planing to ride to haliburton & back ?

cheers

mike

1 hour ago, chez-nous cest skidoo said:

are you planing to ride to haliburton & back ?

cheers

mike

As long as the conditions are decent I will. 

Rode TBR to Haliburton and back this morning. Conditions are great. Trails are smooth and flat, freshly groomed and very little sled traffic today.

A little thin in spots and a small gap in the trail(marked with SLOW) about 3km north of TBR.

Otherwise, excellent ride. 

1 hour ago, Duradoo said:

Rode TBR to Haliburton and back this morning. Conditions are great. Trails are smooth and flat, freshly groomed and very little sled traffic today.

A little thin in spots and a small gap in the trail(marked with SLOW) about 3km north of TBR.

Otherwise, excellent ride. 

Did Lindsay to Haliburton also this afternoon...170km...just over 3 hrs....very quiet on the rail trail....sled is great on gas...26 litres return trip!

On 1/15/2017 at 1:58 PM, johnsazzr said:

did a bit over 100k today Lindsay to Twin Mountains with my daughter...rail trail was very good north of Fenelon and in Twin Mountains..

Planning to head out tomorrow around 10am... not sure where ...perhaps Haliburton if the rail trail is as good as it was today...otherwise.....??

15977661_10158036269545392_8728315872469121967_n.jpg

Pretty sure we passed you a couple of times on Sunday near Fenelon Falls. There was a group of six of us. A couple of us has Trail Patrol vests on.

We rode from Bobcaygeon up and over to Fenelon Falls for lunch  with a couple of new sledders. The trail conditions were ok. They were softer in the afternoon for sure. 

22 hours ago, snocrazy said:

As long as the conditions are decent I will. 

Hope you had a great ride snocrazy ! .. would have liked to join you but more of a day time rider.

cheers

mike

Archived