The Best Link Ever (for trailer parking)

AdamGamble

Revrnd has been a big help but I'm having a sonofagunofa time to get the Bancroft railway station nailed down. Can someone look at this pic and tell me if I'm even close? Is it that big paved lot? Somehow I doubt it. I've staged out of the Sword or at Ray's place north of town, never staged in town so I'm flying blind on this one.

bancroft rail station.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused in Apsely too. Is it the lot at the community center(bottom of pic) or the arena(top of pic) that is to be used? 

Apsley.jpg

Give me a couple of minutes & I'll post a couple of screen grabs

1 hour ago, mczed38 said:

Revrnd has been a big help but I'm having a sonofagunofa time to get the Bancroft railway station nailed down. Can someone look at this pic and tell me if I'm even close? Is it that big paved lot? Somehow I doubt it. I've staged out of the Sword or at Ray's place north of town, never staged in town so I'm flying blind on this one.

Bancroft.JPG

B106E is the red line, train station is the green "rectangle". The staging lot is further north, marked in yellow.

Apsley Rink.JPG

Park along the southeast portion of the lot (marked in red). Stoney Lake grooms into that corner from the south which connects with #747.

Does anyone know where you can park near Havelock?

On 1/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, tool_guy said:

I dunno...does this help? It's kinda vague..

havelock.jpg

On 1/12/2017 at 8:54 PM, tool_guy said:

If u want the railbed about 3 kms east on 7 . South of 7 on county road 50 approx 500m is a dedicated lot for staging. Right at rail bed. 

Another option if you wanted to go North from Havelock is to park at east end of Havelock right on highway 7 is a closed up service station on the North side. Intersection is highway 7 and Mary street. Safe and visible spot. Walk across the street for the best burgers around at Woodyburger. My joint. Trail is right there. 

How about staging near Kaladar or Flinton ?

12 hours ago, pt3189 said:

How about staging near Kaladar or Flinton ?

Research in past years.....I recall a trail head parking lot just behind this french fry place. Might want to give them a call to double check.

kaladar.png

Now, describe those burgers you are talking about....

5 ounce.  Hand pressed. On flat top. Nothing added a except salt and pepper. The way they were made 65 years ago. Started as a hobby because I already owned the building and kind of got out of control. Www.woodyburger.com. Stop in and say Hi. 

On 1/18/2017 at 5:03 AM, slomo said:

Research in past years.....I recall a trail head parking lot just behind this french fry place. Might want to give them a call to double check.

kaladar.png

Now, describe those burgers you are talking about....

Who drew that map, a 7 year old? E108 stays south of Hwy 7 & follows the Trans Canada Trail (former CPR railbed) to Tweed.

I kinda remember that spot. If there is any snow left on Sunday I will get my son out for a rip. Actually have a day away from Hockey.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

Shell Gas Station in Kaladar. Intersection of Hwy 7 & 41. Huge parking lot out back.  E101 Trail is directly across road, gas, convenience store and subway right there. 

On January-09-17 at 8:45 PM, mczed38 said:

so guys have had no issues with parking vehicle over night for a day or two in Bancroft ?

• 2 weeks later...

I rode down to Nephton and saw that the parking/staging area is an old road on the north side of CR #6, not the lot I was thinking of.

Nephton.JPG

The green line represents the "parking area". Several vehicles were there today. The red line is #702 which connects w/ E107.

If you get to the Unimin gate, you've driven too far.

used it the other day. 

Kaladar has enough parking behind Shell on Highway 7. Looked like an acre. A better option would be the Shell station in Cloyne. Smaller spot but saves a lot of road rash around Flinton. I will do Cloyne next time. 

On 1/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, pt3189 said:

Another option if you wanted to go North from Havelock is to park at east end of Havelock right on highway 7 is a closed up service station on the North side. Intersection is highway 7 and Mary street. Safe and visible spot. Walk across the street for the best burgers around at Woodyburger. My joint. Trail is right there. 

Added. Thanks.

On 1/29/2017 at 5:37 PM, pt3189 said:

Kaladar has enough parking behind Shell on Highway 7. Looked like an acre. A better option would be the Shell station in Cloyne. Smaller spot but saves a lot of road rash around Flinton. I will do Cloyne next time. 

Added. Could you please check the Cloyne one. The Google street view is from 2012...no subway or shell. 

On highway 42. East side approx 100 m south of spencer avenue. Has Shell station with a Mr. Sub. Parking for  maybe 10 or so trucks and trailers. Access to trail is 30 seconds down Spencer Avenue. 

heading to kinmount area for the weekend and ride north to haliburton, i seen on the link that there is parking in kinmount, anyone know if overnight parking is permitted there? and if not any other choices in the area? 

thanks 

• 5 months later...

This topic can be unpinned. I've taken the map offline. Seems like last spring the OTG got some decent upgrades re staging areas (finally). Also I believe there is a new&improved OTG coming this spring so I don't want 2 resources with possibly conflicting information up. Thanks for the support on the project, I learned a lot and it was fun. 

Scott

Unpinned.

Thanks for the effort.

Archived