Parking in Haliburton

Wimpy

Hey All,

Wondering if you could help with parking locations in or around Haliburton?  A few of us are starting there to do the RAP tour at the end of the month and would like to leave our tow rigs there from Monday - Friday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers,

Darcy

This is where plenty of sledders park during the day. I have no idea whether overnight or multiple day parking is permitted. (I made the map a few days ago for someone who was driving from the direction of Carnarvon, and planning to sled toward Kinmount.)

15820618_10207909407192836_1622026268_o.

Thanks Blake!  I just received an email saying there is parking at Head Lake Park, and looks like that is the area you have marked out. 

Thx again!

Darcy

Yeah exactly what Blake said. You park right by the lake, and guys did the RAP tour last year and parked there.

I got nailed for a parking ticket for overnight at the Haliburton public parking by the lake last year.  So did the car beside me.  Told me that they sometimes have overnight parking for trailers in the ball diamond beside town hall.  Call the municipal office if you want to verify.

Livin, do you have someone that you can check with to confirm if overnight parking is allowed at the spot noted by Blake? Do you know of another suitable overnight (multi night) spot.  Darcy may be the same person asking on our FB page.

21 minutes ago, RAM said:

Livin, do you have someone that you can check with to confirm if overnight parking is allowed at the spot noted by Blake? Do you know of another suitable overnight (multi night) spot.  Darcy may be the same person asking on our FB page.

Might be an idea to speak with Pinestone and see if you can make arrangements with them to leave it there..Just a thought. We have done this before with hotels.

25 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Might be an idea to speak with Pinestone and see if you can make arrangements with them to leave it there..Just a thought. We have done this before with hotels.

Lots of parking at Pinestone and a great place to stay.

Nuns, great option.  I would think that this would be the safest option.

Ram, I'll call my buddy at Dysart to confirm overnite parking at the park. Never heard of them ticketing overniters there. Pinestone has  lots of room and are very friendly to sledders. They are right on trail 7 which gets you to the B103 in either direction.

Livin'

Hi folks, thanks for the info. Yes that's me that left a message on the FB page last night. I actually stayed at pinestone when some of us OC folks hit the Haliburton Forest a few weeks back. Great place, and I never thought of that. 

Thanks again!

Archived