Parry sound

denny

From SuperG on FB late last night:

"Some bad news guys, the tucker went out to groom the seguin trail today and had some wiring issues and had to limp it back to base tonight. The other groomer the prinoth is still down waiting for a few parts to come in which are suppose to be here early Saturday morning. So hopefully we can have that back up an running for the night shift as well hoping we can get a quick fix on the tucker. 

These are things that happen out of our control and happen at the most inopportune times. We know the trails need a desperate grooming and we are trying everything possible to get back out there so please be PATIENT! Complaining does NOT solve the problem but instead just brings down all volunteers that have already spent countless and THANKLESS hours getting trails open early. 

Will update when more news happens. 

Thanks for your understanding."

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blake G said:

"Some bad news guys, the tucker went out to groom the seguin trail today and had some wiring issues and had to limp it back to base tonight. The other groomer the prinoth is still down waiting for a few parts to come in which are suppose to be here early Saturday morning. So hopefully we can have that back up an running for the night shift as well hoping we can get a quick fix on the tucker. 

These are things that happen out of our control and happen at the most inopportune times. We know the trails need a desperate grooming and we are trying everything possible to get back out there so please be PATIENT! Complaining does NOT solve the problem but instead just brings down all volunteers that have already spent countless and THANKLESS hours getting trails open early. 

Thanks for sharing, I can't beilieve people complain, they usually have no idea the situation as to why the trails aren't groomed, could be a variety of reasons and I get that. But anyways some people are just .... (I'll let u fill the blank) anyways I feel your pain I was headed up that way this morning when it seems my charging system on the truck is on its way out, turned around and headed back home. This SUCKS!!! and ya I know there's tons of new snow!!!! 

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

Seen groomer go by just after 11:30pm last night by our place,must of happen right after. Bummer not much you can do it is what it is.

Cant believe the amount of snow up here and from what I see the trials that did get groomed look awesome. Excellent job!!

I'm sure you guys will be up and running soon.

Blake G, thank you for report.

Main thing is communication, worth thing is silence, when you see how much snow, but trails is still closed:(

I hope both groomers will come back to work soon and everybody will be happy.  Cheers 

Ya it's bad luck and guys give their time for everyone to ride, but damn sure seems like problems happen to the same ppl all the time don't it? 

1 hour ago, AdamGamble said:

Ya it's bad luck and guys give their time for everyone to ride, but damn sure seems like problems happen to the same ppl all the time don't it? 

If you have something to say just say it. Or maybe do better yourself. A wire fails inside of a joystick assy. How is that our fault. There is a crew working on both groomers if all goes well they will both be up and running today again .  

1 hour ago, cravesledding said:

Seen groomer go by just after 11:30pm last night by our place,must of happen right after. Bummer not much you can do it is what it is.

Cant believe the amount of snow up here and from what I see the trials that did get groomed look awesome. Excellent job!!

I'm sure you guys will be up and running soon.

That was on its way home with an intermittent electrical issue that causes complete loss of drag control 

1 hour ago, AdamGamble said:

Are you serious? I just watch a video of you smashing into a parked sled. 

5 hours ago, Wildbill said:

That was on its way home with an intermittent electrical issue that causes complete loss of drag control 

Stg infestation? 

22 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

can you post the vid

X2

57 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

can you post the vid

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

X2

Ill let him. Its not a huge deal just kinda stupid throwing stones in glass houses.

The finish was awesome.   Now there are plenty of trails open and if they are not local,  they are trailable.  For local trails not quite ready yet,  I suggest calling the local club and seeing what assistance might be in need. 

SuperG posted an update on FB. Here is a copy:

Hey guys, guess what's back up and running! Yes the prinoth is up and running and right now is on C trail south down to memories of Muskoka then will be doing the 201! Hollywood and Goose will be going out early tomorrow morning grooming into Parry Sound as well as doing the Seguin trail! A big thanks to Alves Auto Centre for your time and use of your bay to get the prinoth fixed as well to the rest of the South Seguin team.

Last but not least, thanks to you our permit buye...rs for being patient and for your support. That is what makes us want to volunteer that much more. We will be grooming most of our trails and maybe getting a pack down on the mountain trail later in the week. Brapppp on folks ! 1f642.png:)

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

SuperG posted an update on FB. Here is a copy:

Hey guys, guess what's back up and running! Yes the prinoth is up and running and right now is on C trail south down to memories of Muskoka then will be doing the 201! Hollywood and Goose will be going out early tomorrow morning grooming into Parry Sound as well as doing the Seguin trail! A big thanks to Alves Auto Centre for your time and use of your bay to get the prinoth fixed as well to the rest of the South Seguin team.

Last but not least, thanks to you our permit buye...rs for being patient and for your support. That is what makes us want to volunteer that much more. We will be grooming most of our trails and maybe getting a pack down on the mountain trail later in the week. Brapppp on folks ! 1f642.png:)

Wow! Big thanks to all the VOLUNTEERS and Alves Auto Centre for all they did to complete the groomer repairs so quickly and get them back out on the snow 

Judging by the groomer tracking it looks as though the crew covered most of our system last night and is still rolling. As usual our club was the first to rll the first to have open trails. But yet when things go wrong cowardly shots get taken at the guys that try so hard by keyboard cowboys. 

I cannot express my pride enough in the crew that this club is. They love the sport and thats why they do what they do. Thanks guys . 

as much as it is for pride for some in the sport, it is just as much frustrating for others. and that i think is were the harsh words come from is out of the frustration. 

16 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

as much as it is for pride for some in the sport, it is just as much frustrating for others. and that i think is were the harsh words come from is out of the frustration. 

The harsh words are harmful. I cannot count on both hands and my toes the amount of good people who have abandoned volunteering just because some body who was not happy with the trails decided to be mean to those who make the trails for less than free and therefore subsidize the permit cost to the keyboard cowards 

Why some people get pleasure bashing other people is beyond my comprehension,then again those are probably the same

A holes that tear up the trails and think the rules of the trails  do not apply to them.I was on our trials yesterday and there is

absolutely nothing to complain about.Slow down and just take in the beauty of the scenery.

C trail just behind tree line

wd_zpsluknr7kf.jpg

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

Judging by the groomer tracking it looks as though the crew covered most of our system last night and is still rolling. As usual our club was the first to rll the first to have open trails. But yet when things go wrong cowardly shots get taken at the guys that try so hard by keyboard cowboys. 

I cannot express my pride enough in the crew that this club is. They love the sport and thats why they do what they do. Thanks guys . 

Did you catch the video of him slamming into his buddies parked sled and doing a cart wheel over the hood? 

Archived