Elmira trails

Sledguy74

55 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Has anyone been out on open trails in elimra st clements weselley area or Conestoga lake area? 

Today is the first day that any grooming has been done since Saturday's packing. I know the groomer has been up the north side from Elmira and around and down into Wellesley trail at noon. Hasn't been past our place yet.

9 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Today is the first day that any grooming has been done since Saturday's packing. I know the groomer has been up the north side from Elmira and around and down into Wellesley trail at noon. Hasn't been past our place yet.

Your trail still down to dirt or is it ok now with wind blowing it back in? 

25 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Your trail still down to dirt or is it ok now with wind blowing it back in? 

Haven't been out on it.

50 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

I have been out, short tour today with a few other O C members 140 k. .

how was it ,going out sat.thanks in advance

Trails are decent ,some plowed fields are tough . Better than Red but not Green  .See ya in the corner .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Has anyone been out on open trails in elimra st clements weselley area or Conestoga lake area? 

Rode from the house today. Maryhill across top of Elmira, through Conestogo Lake, Teviotdale, Mount Forest. Lunch at Homestead and the same way back home.

The trail across the top of Elmira near Floradale is mostly plowed fields ( 20 kph or less type stuff unless your one of those stand up and pound it guys.). Trails seem better around Conestogo Lake but the bush sections are thin and bumpy. Some areas had a lot of drifted snow. Some areas are barely covered everywhere you go. Durham trails were probably the best but we just caught the bottom of those.

Note that if you head to the Homesteader, the trail passed the golf course is closed for a logging operation. You have to run the roads to get to the restaurant. We ran the roads from the east side and they were snow covered.

300 kms. My forearms are killing me......lol

Does anyone know why Arthur hasn't opened a single trail while everyone around them has?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Rode from the house today. Maryhill across top of Elmira, through Conestogo Lake, Teviotdale, Mount Forest. Lunch at Homestead and the same way back home.

The trail across the top of Elmira near Floradale is mostly plowed fields ( 20 kph or less type stuff unless your one of those stand up and pound it guys.). Trails seem better around Conestogo Lake but the bush sections are thin and bumpy. Some areas had a lot of drifted snow. Some areas are barely covered everywhere you go. Durham trails were probably the best but we just caught the bottom of those.

Note that if you head to the Homesteader, the trail passed the golf course is closed for a logging operation. You have to run the roads to get to the restaurant. We ran the roads from the east side and they were snow covered.

300 kms. My forearms are killing me......lol

Does anyone know why Arthur hasn't opened a single trail while everyone around them has?

Strange Arthur usually one of first to open. Usually more snow above highway 86. Luther swamp might have affected them this year? Fields are thin in my area not even sure if I want to try it or not 🤔

arthur is open now

Trailer up to Palmerston , Tiviotdale  area much more snow . Light snow all day  .

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:05 AM, wrightonalan said:

arthur is open now

Seen a post on Facebook from the Arthur Club that the trails were closed. Now I can’t find it.

Edit found it, apparently there are 2 Arthur clubs…..lol

Disregard.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Seen a post on Facebook from the Fergus Club that the trails were closed. Now I can’t find it.

was all open yesterday 

Did a bit of touring D5 and D9 the last few days and notice that good lunch stops are getting to be rare and far between . Not wanting to run roads  or sidewalks .  I  think if some of  us locals could put a list together that would be helpful , My recent findings Blyth .Cowbell brewery good trail access fuel across the rd.  .   Ayton  Trixie's Saloon short rd .run  fuel across the street.    Alma   Alma Dinner back st .rd .run fuel south of town . Hoping this list can be expanded . Maybe someone retired  or more computer suave can  produce a more useful format . Asking for myself and friends .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Calling for 20+ cms of snow and freezing rain 🌧️ 

what a crazy winter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

Calling for 20+ cms of snow and freezing rain 🌧️ 

what a crazy winter 

That's now changed according to our local CTV Scan weather report and TWN. CTV now says 5-10cm and TWN says 4-8cm for Kitchener. Then the rain and freezing rain on top of it.

• Haha 1

Calling for about 5cms of snow for K-W with 15mm of rain/freezing rain.

But an hour north is supposed to get 10-15cms of snow with less than 5mm freezing rain. They would need all the snow in the forecast for the next week to have any hope of opening a trail. Unfortunately I think the water in the low areas will keep the trails closed. Maybe open the railbed from Shelburne up to Owen Sound at best.

This weather should improve the Muskokas though.

guess we will wait and see what mixed bag we end up with 

1 minute ago, Strong Farmer said:

Rap going to be open with all snow landing up there. Early March is looking pretty good.  😎

no time for a trip this year. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hey guys look at trail map .if only it was true lol

29 minutes ago, wrightonalan said:

hey guys look at trail map .if only it was true lol

its fixed now 🤔south was all green

• Like 1
  • Haha 1