Elmira trails

Sledguy74

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Those trails don’t take allot of snow usually. Ploughed fields are still very thin even if pre flattened. Another 6” this weekend will help.  Snow squalls should come in behind this front with colder air this weekend 🙏

When you can see stones coming up through the snow as in the picture, there is not enough snow to be riding on at that location. It really doesn't matter because any way you look at it, he was riding closed trails.

Not sure where you are checking but when I measured this morning it was on the "pre flattened" ploughed field behind my barn and it measured 6" of snow.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

When you can see stones coming up through the snow as in the picture, there is not enough snow to be riding on at that location. It really doesn't matter because any way you look at it, he was riding closed trails.

Not sure where you are checking but when I measured this morning it was on the "pre flattened" ploughed field behind my barn and it measured 6" of snow.

That trail was open at the time. Pic is from Feb 2022 🤣

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Hate to say it but ground is still warm 😂

My driveway and field is nice and firm.  Used the loader tractor to scrape the lane today, and no soft spots in it.

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Those trails don’t take allot of snow usually. Ploughed fields are still very thin even if pre flattened. Another 6” this weekend will help.  Snow squalls should come in behind this front with colder air this weekend 🙏

My bad for not looking at the date on the post.

1 hour ago, Dave K said:

My driveway and field is nice and firm.  Used the loader tractor to scrape the lane today, and no soft spots in it.

Too much snow to scrape. I have almost a km of lane way now. Just under 4 hours with blower today came up nice. Feed truck guy said it was best lane lately 😎

2EFFE5CF-D38A-4F5C-9A0D-52C8FAE97551.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Maybe the stones on the trail in your pic is why the trails aren't open yet.

That was last year there PLC 

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

Yah, ST made me aware of that. my bad.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Maybe the stones on the trail in your pic is why the trails aren't open yet.

was in Elmira this morning. They seem to have a bit less snow that KW 

but they got the extra inch or so we got last night 

hope we get more tonight

46 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

was in Elmira this morning. They seem to have a bit less snow that KW 

but they got the extra inch or so we got last night 

hope we get more tonight

We got an inch last night at Heidelberg. There is between 7 and 8 inches on the levelled trail at our place. Time for the groomer to get moving.

• Like 3

Agree ,should be out at least packing .  All the effort put in to stake and brush the trails deserves at least an attempt at opening up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

What’s hold up you think? We have close to a foot too in most places. 

He is out today packing. He was doing the railbed to Millbank I believe about 2:30. Hopefully he'll keep at it until its all got one pass at least.

• Like 1

I’m sure the club volunteers are doing what they can for us 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

I’m sure the club volunteers are doing what they can for us 

He has been past our place since my last post so has covered a lot of ground today even though it is one pass in many areas. The lips at the edge of the packed trail are 4-5" high. We are supposed to have winds from almost every direction along with the snow over the next 20 hours. Hopefully the packed trail will fill in again with fresh snow. That will sure help the base.

• Like 3

Waking up to more white gold falling down is nice to see! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

About 3 more inches or so today. Should be close to enough snow to open this week in north d5 🙏

Not enough snow. We did a trail audit today and fixed a lot of downed stakes and signs from the heavy winds a while back. On trail that had 2 passes with the groomer yesterday, our carbides were down in the dirt many places. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Not enough snow. We did a trail audit today and fixed a lot of downed stakes and signs from the heavy winds a while back. On trail that had 2 passes with the groomer yesterday, our carbides were down in the dirt many places. 

Thanks for update. Appreciate it. Hopefully,  I can come out and give you a hand next year  I am surprised that snow didn’t pack and set. Have some extra help around here, just have to get people trained up 😎

Had about 25 sleds through my place today .All new sleds they pretty much have it packed . going out for a sign check tomorrow . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 8:11 PM, volunteer2 said:

Kinda old isn't it ?

I didn't notice the date until after I read it. I was sitting thinking "WTH? We had more than 12 days of trails last year. It was around a month."  :banghead:       :rotflmao:

• Like 1