Elmira trails

Sledguy74

Got out for 45 miles, bushes are mud, fields are decent . Clubs had groomed but it’s melting quick, road running is trash... nothing you can do! 

thank you club volunteers for a great season from home.

saw 12 out, super nice day 
2022 Polaris and Yamaha’s next week ! 
sled back in trailer no more fun from home this season 

4E6BC532-01A4-415E-AC0C-39D9E250DBBC.jpeg

5D153C11-6B06-4A35-BCFD-E98C2E5B38CD.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

how far north did you run?

Almost to Arthur, it was groomed the best but decided to turn around. 

10 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

You should have kept going I came home thru Arthur was still ok. Lots of trailers and trucks at spot resturant in mount forest. Left at noon back at 5 managed 150 miles 

897650C3-620B-49F7-A263-F837B5AB177A.jpeg

15C325BA-39A0-46D2-B49A-D1453262320D.jpeg

C165EA93-DA89-4381-A070-5027D5D151F5.jpeg

29351AE0-FA03-47B5-841E-0B21E45BEAA7.jpeg

904028CA-2158-4235-8C9D-0E548D99AF35.jpeg

Those trails look good. Glad you had a nice ride 

1 minute ago, Sledguy74 said:

Those trails look good. Glad you had a nice ride 

Lots of snow still west of Arthur over listowel way. B111 was frredjly groomed all way up to mount forest. B202 was groomed down to Arthur too. B109 is getting thin no doubt. Maybe one more ride to blyth tomorrow looked mint going that way today. 

• Like 1

As I suspected work got in the way of an afternoon ride.... likely the last.

time for a wisers, maybe 2 :)

• Like 2

Got one last ride today. Un loaded at truck stop at 11:30 and rode to Duram.

A few inches of fresh snow this morning and all roads were snow covered. Another 150 km’s of smiles and stop at homestead for a late lunch. Traffic was super lite seen about 12 sleds whole ride and was a few small groups at homestead.

ran out of fresh fish though. Wings were amazing. Back at truck by 6! F8E8F5C6-A651-48C1-918D-9548CB33DEC6.thumb.jpeg.ada7a72f72ddc3fc8797b079a3174325.jpegEFB10B8A-897C-4555-9875-26D0546189DF.thumb.jpeg.5872c48f220c07cadc3c83cfb86a36b4.jpeg

0140E680-2774-4AED-B3A4-034CC406ED7D.thumb.jpeg.e5521b4de83ac801d820ff80410db17b.jpeg

807F9700-BCB1-4FA8-974D-5931A837BF87.jpeg

DD0C793A-60B1-4A37-BDFE-C130317F90DC.jpeg

• Like 2

that looks like a Snowhawk, never seen one of those on the trail before....glad you got out again.

Fixed trailer yesterday, still gonna get some prices on a couple of parts in the spring but all things working again.

36 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

that looks like a Snowhawk, never seen one of those on the trail before....glad you got out again.

Fixed trailer yesterday, still gonna get some prices on a couple of parts in the spring but all things working again.

Definetly a Snohawk. they aren't real good trail machines. They need lots of deep snow to work well.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Definetly a Snohawk. they aren't real good trail machines. They need lots of deep snow to work well.

That pic was taken at homestead resort in snowmobile parking area. He then rode down trail and caught up to us. We left a few mins before him and riding double so a tad slower then average rider. He got along pretty good on trail. 
Then seen a rental snowmobile come off trail as I was standing there with two adults and a teenager weaving all over place. I was glad, I wasn’t on trail at moment. They were having fun though, but surprised they allow that, can’t be safe I don’t think. Hate to be guy in middle. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

That pic was taken at homestead resort in snowmobile parking area. He then rode down trail and caught up to us. We left a few mins before him and riding double so a tad slower then average rider. He got along pretty good on trail. 
Then seen a rental snowmobile come off trail as I was standing there with two adults and a teenager weaving all over place. I was glad, I wasn’t on trail at moment. They were having fun though, but surprised they allow that, can’t be safe I don’t think. Hate to be guy in middle. 

There was a group of 4 going out when I was there Friday. All riding single. The tutorial in the parking lot was all of 5 minutes then have at 'er. ....lol

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was a group of 4 going out when I was there Friday. All riding single. The tutorial in the parking lot was all of 5 minutes then have at 'er. ....lol

Wowsie. Good for sport no doubt since some will buy a snowmobile following year. Something to keep in mind when riding club trails around area. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

7F9399EE-56FC-45C6-9AF9-DFFC9F0BE4DB.thumb.jpeg.ed2410551a6f05d93f9963ba52568878.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Reid,

As we communicated a few weeks ago, we are working diligently to build and ship 2022 SnowCheck snowmobiles at our Roseau, Minnesota plant. We have been working through supply chain challenges, and we wanted to provide an update on your estimated SnowCheck shipment timing. 

As of today, we still expect your snowmobile, and any delayed components, to ship from Polaris by December 15th. We will continue to provide updates in the coming months as the build schedule and component availability evolves. 

We will send you an email notification when your sled ships if it complete and ready to ride. If it has delayed components, we will send you an email notification when those final delayed components ship. 

We greatly appreciate your passion and loyalty as a SnowCheck customer, and your understanding in this dynamic environment, and please know we are doing everything we can to deliver your sled as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding. 

- The Polaris Team

still looking ok so far 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Next 2 weeks every day above freezing except for 2 days 
no sled yet, no rush ….. yet 

OPG decided on an American SMR reactor for Darlington ( GE Hitachi ) disappointed its not a Candu but we don’t have a real SMR design anyway 

hope we get to build some Candu EC6s in the near future to power Canada ! 

• Like 2

I'd read about the non-Canadian reactor purchase. Wondered why.

Wouldn't that be something - a Canadian energy policy. 

14 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I'd read about the non-Canadian reactor purchase. Wondered why.

Wouldn't that be something - a Canadian energy policy. 

A national strategy for clean energy would be ideal but a pipe dream, hope our Candu technology doesn’t die off forever 

• Like 1

Dealer just called, sled delayed till end of December, he was saying some that he is having to tell them their sleds are delayed till February …. As long as it shows up before the trails open lol 

• 1 month later...

Well it was worth the wait, beautiful day and trails were in nice shape 

60 miles to shake things out and very happy with the new ride 

3B819196-434E-4DE0-A560-F3F8AE01BA8E.jpeg

5443AEA9-3CE3-46E3-9CDF-A3D5145FEA34.jpeg

92A4DFAB-307A-4713-B92D-CD8EE7A8CE9B.jpeg

• Like 9

First thoughts, wind protection is much better on this sled, driveline is pretty quiet, new display is really nice… the video clip when you turn the key on is my shed in same colour which is kinda cool, ride is definitely an improvement not just the longer track but the shock package works great

650 engine was the right choice for my riding,  light and nimble, pulls harder than I thought it might, 

so happy with all the storage over old sled, 

an ice ripper is NOT the same as studs, will have to get use to it

even new cover had some cool features 

manual will need a thorough reading to learn all the display features 

• Like 5

Not the best day out but still better than working 

EA797A68-8BB1-4F20-8DDF-D88A16304826.jpeg

• Like 1

how are trails holding up 

1 hour ago, wrightonalan said:

how are trails holding up 

New snow is very welcome, clubs didn’t groom all week from the looks of things due to the warm up, I didn’t put many miles on today. Glasses kept fogging and hard to see with all the snow 

however with cold temps tonight I’m hope full things will be groomed and crisper tomorrow 

• Like 1