Elmira trails

Sledguy74

37 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice. Too bad Conestoga lake is cut off. Did inner loop yesterday but miss going all the way thru. Hopefully next year it is back. 

Yes it is too bad and I agree I hope the GRCA and clubs come up with an agreement 

Headed out for my ride and just outside of Elmira on trail 5-83 just north of Hwy 86 I came across an injured snowmobiler and his sled upside down. I stopped to ask if he was alright and he said he didn’t know where he was and was coughing up a bit of blood. 
well I’m glad I was by so I called 911 and got him to the emergency services who

met us at Hwy 86. 
Andrew or Anthony from Mississauga I hope your ok and get back out riding room! 
still managed a 65 mile ride !
Everyone be safe out there ! 

47699D46-ACFC-4166-83EF-3BCCCA9A5BBD.jpeg

ABD03BA4-A0ED-4285-A083-04B10FB8978A.jpeg

954D07CD-6E00-41D0-83D1-D88CA707A5C5.jpeg

0C3C53E0-04E4-449A-9DEE-6B743EA45019.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sledguy74 said:

Headed out for my ride and just outside of Elmira on trail 5-83 just north of Hwy 86 I came across an injured snowmobiler and his sled upside down. I stopped to ask if he was alright and he said he didn’t know where he was and was coughing up a bit of blood. 
well I’m glad I was by so I called 911 and got him to the emergency services who

met us at Hwy 86. 

Your a good man Sledguy74, hats off to you for never leaving a man behind. Sleep well tonight and put todays bad event behind you.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Muskoka Bill said:

Your a good man Sledguy74, hats off to you for never leaving a man behind. Sleep well tonight and put todays bad event behind you.

Thanks Bill, can’t imagine leaving some guy who is injured ...... and it wasn’t how one expects to start his ride 

1 minute ago, Sledguy74 said:

Thanks Bill, can’t imagine leaving some guy who is injured ...... and it wasn’t how one expects to start his ride 

I've been there except it was best friend, who hit a tree 40 years ago on a snowmobile, very serious injuries. In fact he just got home from another spinal  surgery on Saturday  I went into shock the night it happened and can still recall every detail of the evening. It can be a traumatic experience to have to be involved as you go into another "super" zone thinking about what to do.  Great to have guys like you on the trail. Since that accident I drive very cautiously and slow to the point my friends get bored waiting for me but I still am around and enjoy the sport.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

met us at Hwy 86. 

Wow   good job you were there and helped him out       Hope he is ok as well 

Just back after 114 miles of some really nice trails.... stopped counting sleds I saw after 40 or do. 
only 4 truck and trailers in the lions parking when I went by. 
it’s going to be super busy tomorrow best head out early !!!

94449098-461D-4D89-88C4-43AE20189BEC.jpeg

4577C437-B916-41FB-B792-50E6F1D11015.jpeg

• Like 1

Was on the trail at 8am, didn’t see anyone until 10:15am

118 miles of some really great riding, 90% was groomed this morning or yesterday. 
always like to see the kids out with dad and mom! 
even saw what looked like a 1987ist arctic cat cougar with the always stylish back rest cruising the trail

Coolest this I saw was a 1981ish arctic panther pulling a old wooden sleigh around a field with the kids on, it was so cool like postcard but my phone had froze so I couldn’t snap a pic.

clubs did a great job this morning, only problem was my beard froze to my neck warmer to my helmet and that needed some heat to thaw lmao 

4 trailers at then lions park in Elmira

8 trailers at the lot across from the Spot restaurant in Mount Forest 

8 trailers at the Loony Toonie lot in Arthur 

I noticed two Doos with the 4 head lights it looks pretty mean in all black, another had the extra lights on the hand guards that looked good too, I had seen some Yamaha’s with the hard guard lights but those quad light Doos looked pretty cool

we have someone who wants to watch Hockey Day In Canada with grandpa and grandma so my day is done ! 
have a great long weekend everyone

0ADC7507-E4C9-4137-86CB-C584B5859412.jpeg

FBC657D8-EA7A-4263-A510-71D73B8B91E2.jpeg

• Like 6

I got on at the end of 15 this morning and rode down towards the dam then up the Drayton arm and got off at the church camp in Hollen. Little bit of slush in a couple of places and lots of snow covered surprises as usual. 3rd time I've done that route this year.

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I got on at the end of 15 this morning and rode down towards the dam then up the Drayton arm and got off at the church camp in Hollen. Little bit of slush in a couple of places and lots of snow covered surprises as usual. 3rd time I've done that route this year.

Ok good to know. Surprises rocks seen a few sticking out or are there stumps too? 

Forecast looking great, had to work today, no family day in Nuclear ! 

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ok good to know. Surprises rocks seen a few sticking out or are there stumps too? 

I didnt dig them out to look but I'm sure there is both as well as ice heaves.

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

Me too I got suckered into taking these little guys today. Hope to get out on Friday. All alarms should stop by then hopefully. 

39CE90CD-D4D7-44AF-8811-2911C41221A5.png

Had wanted to ride all Friday but sister needs a ride home from hospital after day surgery so gotta be the good brother and help her out 

maybe a morning ride but that’s about it 

Went out for a ride after work, just 68 miles around the lake. A few others out, seen 6 trucks in the lions parking lot and a grader was actually plowing it all out so that’s good for those who unload there I didn’t know they maintained it in winter. 
some guy was riding a summit lmao, looks a little out of place but each to their own 

B247FAA1-0197-42E6-AE88-EEA1E834622D.jpeg

910C1760-2B4E-4CB3-BD24-F5B4D051FB86.jpeg

Edited by Sledguy74

The groomer came into Bridgeport last night. We are getting spoiled. 2 trips in this season. Maybe Volunteer2 took pitty on me.   lol

I had eye surgery today so no riding for a couple days at least. And with a reno on going at the house and work piling up I may be done for this year. Warm temps are coming for next week but some snow too. I'll try to squeeze at least one more ride before I pack the sled away.

yes, 1 sled to store instead of 3. Will be nice.

Edited by Blackstar

yes we sure are

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The groomer came into Bridgeport last night. We are getting spoiled. 2 trips in this season. Maybe Volunteer2 took pitty on me.   lol

I had eye surgery today so no riding for a couple days at least. And with a reno on going at the house and work piling up I may be done for this year. Warm temps are coming for next week but some snow too. I'll try to squeeze at least one more ride before I pack the sled away.

Oh sorry to say the big guy only is out there     I hung up the keys a while back    it became too much like work LOL     I did come your way on Monday for a little ride on the trails and remembered how much fun it was too groom  those trails   

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

How many km’s did you end up getting. 

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Oh sorry to say the big guy only is out there     I hung up the keys a while back    it became too much like work LOL     I did come your way on Monday for a little ride on the trails and remembered how much fun it was too groom  those trails   

Things were pretty beat up on Monday. I took a short ride Sunday night and turned around at the rail-bed.

I didn't know you had gave it up. Thanks for all you did.

• Thanks 1