Elmira trails

Sledguy74

12 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

A month before it gets better. Man winter will be over by then

Looking at the 14 day forecast on TWN. They have limited snow, no storms. Looks like they expect winds to bring lake effect from the 15th on in traditional snowbelts. Won't help us here much district 9 and the Muskokas maybe.

Snow predictions that far out almost never come true.

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Looking at the 14 day forecast on TWN. They have limited snow, no storms. Looks like they expect winds to bring lake effect from the 15th on in traditional snowbelts. Won't help us here much district 9 and the Muskokas maybe.

Snow predictions that far out almost never come true.

St clements never started until second week of February or some where around there, last year. My last ride out was that Sunday March 1 and next day it poured rain. If this keeps up I am going to have to find a new winter hobby. 
Snow predications sometimes 2 days before don’t come true. Longer we sit around these temps less likely we will go get lake effect in northern area’s, since water temps are going down. 

Edited by Strong Farmer

Some good some bad around Durham. Over all it’s good for early riding. Won’t be much of it left after the weekend though.

And anyone looking to park in Mount Forest across from The Spot Restaurant better get there early. It was jammed full of trucks and trailers today.

We drove past and parked at Snowmobiles Unlimited. Only ones there. Just knock on the door and let them know your parking. Owners are great people.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Yeah one more snowfall it will be decent. Can’t be worth hassle to ride tomorrow. I wait more snow later next week. 

Good luck with that LOL

Noticed the local trails are open now too but with +2 C forecast for today I didn't feel like going out

45 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Noticed the local trails are open now too but with +2 C forecast for today I didn't feel like going out

Won’t be that great. I drove by some of fields yesterday and dirt showing already. Road crossings shoulders are bare too. Good base though so if we can get some more snow on top, it will be good. 

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Won’t be that great. I drove by some of fields yesterday and dirt showing already. Road crossings shoulders are bare too. Good base though so if we can get some more snow on top, it will be good. 

Saw about 12 sleds out west of Elmira in small groups. Some new and old iron

its pretty thin but the groomed fields looked ok 

14 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

What do you mean? How is trail looking in front of your house? 

I dont think their will be anything left with the number of sleds that will be on them today and tomorrow

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Not sure since it use to be held at farm just north of st Agatha. That trail is gone now so have no idea where the base is now for that groomer. Plc might know. 

Actually the farm you speak of was between Waterloo and Bamberg on Weimar Line. That groomer was moved from there to near Elmira approximately 4 years ago. It hasn't groomed the Baden area for at least that long. 

3 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

yup thats what happened    now we lost our groomer captain in dundee    was one of the nicest guys and family that you could ever meet   so that groomer is moved  too

That’s really sad. New Dundee trails were always well groomed too. I wonder how many groomers are left in gtsa now? 

Edited by Strong Farmer

17 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Isn’t that the same that we always had minus back up tractor on wheels was fifth back up unit in past? 

The big difference is that the GTSA is no longer in existance and all grooming is controlled by the district and the individual groomer captains with input from the clubs involved in our area.

7 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The big difference is that the GTSA is no longer in existance and all grooming is controlled by the district and the individual groomer captains with input from the clubs involved in our area.

that is correct  

More cold and snow forecast for the week

Hope it actually shows up!