Lindsay (TBR) - Haliburton tomorrow Dec 31st

Yamaha Fan

I'll be leaving TBR 7.30 am 8ish tomorrow for a ride to Haliburton . Anyone is welcome to join. 

Should be a good day for a ride. 

Any OCers along the way for a meet up are welcome.  I'll be riding a red Yamaha. 

Cheers. 

Ty 

Groomers are out tonight on the Fenelon side of things.  Trails should be good in the morning.   

What and where is TBR? (newb here) ... is there legit parking there (if it is a location)?

ThunderBridge Road. ( and angeline)

Be forewarned that it was completely jammed up the entire road all the way down to the trail opening today.

Trails were in okay condition but damn bumpy as you went further north from Kinmount.

4 hours ago, Popeye said:

What and where is TBR? (newb here) ... is there legit parking there (if it is a location)?

TBR = Thunder Bridge  Road. It's just north of Lindsay. Gas etc etc.  Parking on the side of the road and the  trail is right there. I'm pulling a Single Hyland Trailer with a Santa Fe.  Red Yamaha rs  vector. Hope to meet some OCers. 

Cheers

Ty 

Rode out alone at 8am.  Lindsay to Fenlon  Falls needed grooming. Lots of snow but bumpy. Fenlon to Haliburton was groomed to perfection  (thanks to the groomer ) .

Saw 'gobills' with wife an kids, I stopped when I recognised them and waved,but they kept riding. 

Reached Haliburton 9.30  ... made good time just a few riders out. Coming back there was more riders out,  trail held up though.

Had a really great day. 

28 minutes ago, Yamaha Fan said:

Rode out alone at 8am.  Lindsay to Fenlon  Falls needed grooming. Lots of snow but bumpy. Fenlon to Haliburton was groomed to perfection  (thanks to the groomer ) .

Saw 'gobills' with wife an kids, I stopped when I recognised them and waved,but they kept riding. 

Reached Haliburton 9.30  ... made good time just a few riders out. Coming back there was more riders out,  trail held up though.

Had a really great day. 

Where did you see us lol.  I did not see you or anyone waving at me.  I asked my wife and little one and the little one said she saw someone waving lol.   I did see hardly any hand signals today.   Trail from Hali down was amazing 10 out of 10.  Sorry I did not see you I would have stoped.  Next time we'll set up a nice ride and start off at the same place.

Would have been a different groomer between Haliburton and Kinmount than between Kinmount and Fenelon Falls, so that means two groomers did a bang up job for you.

Sounds as though getting an early start was a good idea. How many rigs were parked on TBR at 8 a.m. compared to when you returned?

Hi Blake ... good to hear from you.  When I got to TBR it was i alone at 6.45am.  I waited as wet snow was falling. Two vehicles with trailers went by me to the end of TBR AND Offloaded.  Two snowmobilers went blazing by. I left at 8am and there was no parking when I returned. Place was jam packed. Some went west in the direction of  Port Perry. 

Hey gobills ... you waved when I stopped. Your wife waved also. Really nice family group you are.  I  wouldn't stop for me either on the trail.. haha. 

Cheers  ... hope all had a great day like I did.

16 minutes ago, gobills said:

Cheers man happy new year 

Happy New Year to you too.  Oh .. and by the way ... today is my bday  ...  I'm  umph umph years old ;) shucks the numbers are eluding me :)

Glad to see you're back sledding Ty. Nice to hear you had a good ride. Went to Port Perry today. First time out, so I only put on 100 km's though. The e 108 was in great shape. It's raining here now.  Happy birthday and Happy New Year.

Good to hear you had a nice ride Ty.... Happy Birthday!!! Happy New Year. There'll be full on riding everywhere soon.

Archived