Parking

DaveTess

Tess and I were thinking of heading to the Mount Forest Teviotdale area tomorrow for a ride. I see by the POI Parking on the ITG that there is parking in Mount Forest however trail is closed from it to the limited trails opened. We are coming from Alliston so was thinking parking in Teviotdale or perhaps where the trail crosses Hwy 89 at Pike Lake Road. Any help would be appreciated. Want to be sure were parking in the area the clubs have approved or are okay with.

Thanks

DaveTess

In past years you could park in the back of the parking lot at the Teviotdale Truck Stop.  Gas and food right there.

Can anyone recommend an authorized parking area near Conestogo Lake? Alternatively, does anyone have the inside scoop on whether or not Belwood/Fergus will be open tomorrow? Due to a very short leash tomorrow (must be home for supper 'or else'), I must sled as close to home as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Parking at teviotdale truck stop. The Dutchman and I will be early there in the am. 

Thanks IQ Turbo. How are the trails? Tess and I were thinking of heading that way tomorrow.

Dave Tess

1 hour ago, Team2UP said:

Thanks IQ Turbo. How are the trails? Tess and I were thinking of heading that way tomorrow.

Dave Tess

One Word.

AWESOME.

We left from Listowel area on a short ride.  Planned to go to Teviotdale and back for lunch.  We got as far as Palmerston with our group (6 sleds)  We were the first sleds through the trail and were easily pushing 2 feet of snow.  It took us over an hour to go from Gowanstown to Palmerston (due partially to a few missed turns by our leaders, and to digging a few sleds out of the powder.  On the way back the groomer had been through and was a great ride home also.  Was a short ride, but one I will never forget.

IMG_20161230_130851.jpg

IMG_20161230_131857.jpg

1 hour ago, Team2UP said:

Dave Tess

We're heading out tomorrow. Gonna park at either teviotdale truck stop or king motel and restaurant in Palmerston.  Hope to see some OCers out..

19 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

We're heading out tomorrow. Gonna park at either teviotdale truck stop or king motel and restaurant in Palmerston.  Hope to see some OCers out..

i'll be running in that direction in the early morning hrs

15 minutes ago, ToSlow said:

hopefully mount forest will have the trails open later today or tomorrow

As of right now, only a short section closed near Mt Forest

28 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

We're going to be at Teviotdale. Look for the Orange Ski Doo SE with the Canadian Flag. Tess I will be there bright and early.

DaveTess

31 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

We will be there early am. Starting out at teviotdale truck stop..

what time do you guys plan on arriving in the parking lot? i'm planning on heading over in that direction in the early hrs

21 hours ago, tricky said:

Can anyone recommend an authorized parking area near Conestogo Lake? Alternatively, does anyone have the inside scoop on whether or not Belwood/Fergus will be open tomorrow? Due to a very short leash tomorrow (must be home for supper 'or else'), I must sled as close to home as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

I have seen people parking along the side of Side Road 15. That about it around the Lake that I've seen. We used to park at the damn but the township stopped plowing the parking lot a few years back.

Parking is available at St Clements Snowmobile Clubhouse, trails are open and clubhouse is open. ITG has yet to show this currently.

Tess and I parked at Teviotdale and hit the trails at just after 9:00am. Met up with ToSlow. Very nice to meet you Tracey.

There is TONs of snow. Nice to get out and ride with Tess today. Her first ride since last February.

Tracey we went off on our own and meant no disrespect to you or the others but as in the past we tend to ride to slow for the large groups of one person sleds. There seemed to be a large group forming and we have struggled in the past with these large groups. It was enough of a challenge with the deep snow, wouldn't have wanted to hold up a group.

Anyway I'm sure some day we will meet some riders that poke along like Tess and I.

Again great to meet you and thank you to the clubs in the area we rode for their hard work. Thank you to the Teviotdale Truck stop for their hospitality. Filled up sled, extra 30 litre can and food before we left. Love to support those who support our sport.

Team2UP DaveTess

It was great meeting you dave, and your wife aswell, no disrespect taken just glad you got out and back ok.

lots of snow and very little grooming makes for a good day but not a great day on the trails. 

On 2016-12-31 at 1:13 PM, Blackstar said:

I have seen people parking along the side of Side Road 15. That about it around the Lake that I've seen. We used to park at the damn but the township stopped plowing the parking lot a few years back.

Parking is available at St Clements Snowmobile Clubhouse, trails are open and clubhouse is open. ITG has yet to show this currently.

Thanks for the reply. As it turned out, a lot of trails closer to home opened up Friday evening, so I rode out of my daughter's driveway in Erin.

Did a 135 mile solo loop from Erin to Belwood, Fergus, Moorefield, Teviotdale, Monck, Luther Marsh and back. Lots of snow, a few water crossings and challenging visibility. No evidence of Friday night grooming except on the rail trail near Erin. At one point between Fergus and Moorefield, thought I may have passed the Tess 2-up Team and others going the opposite direction. Before I bought one, friends had told me that the 900 ACE practically "makes" fuel. Not in powder snow it doesn't - I almost ran out, thinking that I could get gas in Belwood (wrong). Not sure how long the sled runs after the bars are gone and the 'low fuel' warning light comes on, but I found out it will do at least 18 miles in eco mode.

Let's hope Tuesday's weather forecast is wrong.

Archived