Haliburton to Lindsay: Wed. Dec. 28, 2016

Blake G

I plan to head south on the B103 from Haliburton around 915 this morning. Hopefully there's been a couple of inches of snow overnight to overlay the railbed's icy base.

I hope to run into some OC'ers out on the trail. I'll be riding the Arctic Tank.

CAT8.jpg

We got a couple of inches of know here in fenelon falls over night.  If we are getting the snow that is predicted this week things should be back to normal by the weekend.   

Enjoyed a nice 4 hour ride from Haliburton to Lindsay. I also explored a little bit of some side trails. This was my first proper run of the year for the TZ1 Turbo Arctic Tank. This sled likes the railbeds. Running great with the new track and studs installed by Wildbill. The pair of 10 litre gas cans hanging across my seat provided peace of mind when the FUEL indicator started flashing on the way back to Haliburton.

2016-12-28 15.32.48.jpg

B103 just north of Kinmount. 7/10.

2016-12-28 15.32.00.jpg

Just north of Fenelon Falls. 8/10.

2016-12-28 15.30.50.jpg

E108 between Fenelon Falls and Lindsay. 5/10.

2016-12-28 15.30.21.jpg

309 near Lindsay.

2016-12-28 15.29.07.jpg

Good indeed. Two inches of snow on top of a hard ice base. Base not as thick nearer Lindsay, but it's there. A little more snow north of Kinmount, and also several minor slushy spots to look out for between Kinmount and Haliburton.

I chatted very briefly with a polite young fellow who had stopped his groomer south of Haliburton this morning, to take a chainsaw to a tree that had fallen partially across the trail. On my way back in the early afternoon I saw two HCSA grooming machines heading north up the B112 off the B103.

Thanks for the report Blake, might try it later this week!

Just wondering if someone could chime in here and let Tess and I know where on the B103 we can park and drop legally?

We were thinking of heading that way tomorrow or Friday. We're members of KATVA and usually drop at the propane parking lot just north of Fenlon Falls.

However we are coming from Alliston area so it really doesn't matter.

Thanks

So i should be able to go for a ride tomorrow and stage in Lindsay. 

You can park your truck/trailer in Kinmount.  Heading north, make a right immediately after the bridge into Kinmount.  You can park around the Old Railroad Station.

40 minutes ago, Team2UP said:

Just wondering if someone could chime in here and let Tess and I know where on the B103 we can park and drop legally?

We were thinking of heading that way tomorrow or Friday. We're members of KATVA and usually drop at the propane parking lot just north of Fenlon Falls.

However we are coming from Alliston area so it really doesn't matter.

Thanks

The park in Fenelon Falls,right beside the trail,lots of room and it is legal.From the south through the light's,go across the bridge turn left at next light's which is Frances St, follow to the park.Hope this help's.

Superior Propane has lots of parking, and you miss all of the Stop Signs coming out of Fenelon.  

I usually drop at Superior propane as well. Lots of room and like monte said you miss all the stop signs through Fenlon.

1 hour ago, RAM said:

You can park your truck/trailer in Kinmount.  Heading north, make a right immediately after the bridge into Kinmount.  You can park around the Old Railroad Station.

RAM: Is this accurate?

Lindsay is notoriously not snowmobile friendly.

You can launch right in Fenelon. Go towards the beach area, from the main street and youll find where everyone parks and the trail runs right through there too.

Trails look pretty good considering weather. Looks like i may head up there friday for a rip .. 

Superior Road, Fenelon Falls, ON

ff.jpg

13 hours ago, Blake G said:

RAM: Is this accurate?

Sorry - LEFT turn after the bridge heading north.

Superior Propane.  Lot is behind the facility on the left hand side heading North of 8 on the 121.  There are snowbanks there.. heading that way now, will be there around 11 am.  Brown truck, black trailer, blue sidewinder if anyone else is heading out.

1 hour ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Superior Propane.  Lot is behind the facility on the left hand side heading North of 8 on the 121.  There are snowbanks there.. heading that way now, will be there around 11 am.  Brown truck, black trailer, blue sidewinder if anyone else is heading out.

I may have passed you.

Same .. headed that way myself hopefully.

Archived