How did the B103 make it through the rain?

AdamGamble

B103 in fenelon is icy a rough. We need more snow.  

Some friends of mine offloaded in Lindsay this morning to try their new sleds. They turned around and loaded back up after only 2 km on the railline due to overheating. Not surprisingly, the surface was quite icy. I think they said the base was mostly OK, it just needs some new snow. 

I drove through Kinmount today.  Some guys riding it though the drizzle.  Looks like a bit of freezing and some snow will bring her back.  A bit thin in places.

AdamGamble, the B103 North of Kinmount is OK. The rain was more South of HCSA trails and they faired well. The snow North of Hali is awesome with lots of snow to work with still. 

B103 wasn't groomed in a couple of days, we will be out tomorrow and report back. HCSA had 3 groomers out today packing more trails and will have all 5 out tomorrow. Look for a report in the HCSA section of OC, Facebook, or our website. I was actually out in a groomer today, thus the late response!!

Livin'

Thanks Livin.  I gotta say, your leadership in Hali has transformed your club into one of the best.  Living in Bobcaygeon is fantastic with some of the best clubs in Ontario.  Twin Mountains and Kawartha Lakes to name 2 others.  I wish other club presidents would be part of our site and contribute the way you do.  I am surely not saying they are not contributing to sledding as they have amazing clubs.  Just think it would add so much more to our site, particularly because the people here are good folk. I'll also bet they are super busy.

Thanks, and I'm super tired! I figure if we just keep pushing some other folks will come to our aid. This will be my third winter in my current position, but a day like today makes it an awesome experience. Now I need to find some time to ride these great trials that ALL the clubs provide!

Livin'

Thanks as always Livin!!!

B103 looking good to Fenelon from Haliburton today. 7/10.

2016-12-28 15.32.00.jpg

E108 to Lindsay has enough snow also but choppier.  5/10 and easily rideable.

2016-12-28 15.30.21.jpg

Thanks a ton guys. My buddy and his wife are going for a date ride today, seems like if they stay north of kinmount they will be fine. His wife won't want to put a ton of miles on either. 

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

B103 looking good to Fenelon from Haliburton today. 7/10.

E108 to Lindsay has enough snow also but choppier.  5/10 and easily rideable.

20161228_101734.jpg

20161228_110239.jpg

Blake, had i know you were in the area i would of joined up and had some lunch with you in Hali!!

Next time!

Archived