Barrie Ramble: Friday, December 23, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

Blake G

White Dragon is going to lead us around the Barrie area on Friday, departing at 930 a.m.  Trails are GREEN.

I would like to be back to the start point by 2:30, not sure about the other riders.

Tentative meeting place is "the" parking lot at Sno Voyageurs Trail 413 and the First Line of Oro. I've been told there's a useful parking lot there, though I cannot seem to pinpoint it with Google......

The group currently consists of White Dragon, Fire 242, myself, and hopefully reevester. 

Others are welcome to join us: just respond on this thread if you'd like to meet us at the start point or elsewhere in the vicinity.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested. I'm not sure where the parking is at Ridge Road and the 1st line though. Tess is working.

DaveTess

Me either, Dave!! There is a small lot at the 2nd line......we will have to figure this out before Friday morning. LOLOL

Would be awesome if you could join us.

I know there's parking at the club house on Snow Valley Road?

True.

White Dragon lives in Guthrie and will be riding to the meeting point, so we are looking for a spot closer to Highway 11....

It's a fairly small area too for parking. It's just under the ridge road bridge. I have to be back fairly early to so that works for me to blake. 

I'll probably make it. So I hope WD enjoy the lead from Guthrie to meet us. :lol:

Perfect.

3 hours ago, reevester said:

It's a fairly small area too for parking. It's just under the ridge road bridge. I have to be back fairly early to so that works for me to blake. 

I'll probably make it. So I hope WD enjoy the lead from Guthrie to meet us. :lol:

don't make me take off my saddlebags,enjoy your cat for bit

I'm going to be fighting with Fire 242 and DaveTess to see who gets to ride at the back of the pack.

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

I'm going to be fighting with Fire 242 and DaveTess to see who gets to ride at the back of the pack.

o....not gonna unleash the new found hp friday,99% bill is coming too...

fire242,request to ride in back...fireman stuff...I don't get it either

Always nice to have a first responder on the crew riding sweep.

Here is a map for those who need it. There should be more parking on Hwy 11 on the south bound side at the 1st Line. This is where the Old McDonald's was. You will need to run the B112B to meet up with the other guys but it is an option.

Map.png

Room for one more if I can swing it?

16 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Room for one more if I can swing it?

Of course Paul! Always a pleasure. 

42 minutes ago, white dragon said:

o....not gonna unleash the new found hp friday,99% bill is coming too...

fire242,request to ride in back...fireman stuff...I don't get it either

Tell him to be on time.

30 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Always nice to have a first responder on the crew riding sweep.

We had a paramedic the last time. I'll shoot him a message too. 

26 minutes ago, Reved said:

Here is a map for those who need it. There should be more parking on Hwy 11 on the south bound side at the 1st Line. This is where the Old McDonald's was. You will need to run the B112B to meet up with the other guys but it is an option.

Map.png

Reved I was wondering about that old McD lot. Is there still a large plowed area now that the restaurant has closed? 

I would almost drive down and join you guys but Friday doesn't work for me this week.

I would also hate to cut the ride short as I have no idea if I can even handle my sled yet.

3 hours ago, reevester said:

Tell him to be on time.

We had a paramedic the last time. I'll shoot him a message too. 

bill will always make up for lost time if he's late,ya fire242 always warns us about danger.ravinrat must be living large,last ride he was happy about last kid finishing university..nice to see him again

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Reved I was wondering about that old McD lot. Is there still a large plowed area now that the restaurant has closed? 

I Haven't been by since the snow fell. but he gas station is still open. Maybe White Dragon knows as he passes by more often. 

Blake, if you take line 1 south all the way down towards a Ridged Road it will take a right. There is a parking lot right by the trail on your left

image.jpg

Great. Thanks, Mark. That is helpful.

Can one turn off hi way 11 onto 1st line S?

Heading southbound, one must exit on the 3rd line to get to Ridge Road, then follow Ridge Road down to Line 1. Heading northbound, one can exit on Line 1.

If your going north yes. If south you have to take the Penetaguishene Rd/hwy 93 exit.

Go back over hwy., then take Gore Rd. Back to Line 1 S.

Archived