SE Kitchener Trail Heading Staging

FrostyTheSnowman

I was planning on riding Palmerston area tomorrow but think I will try somewhere new instead. I'm curious as to staging at the trail heading right off of 38 and 17. Has anyone dropped in the lot at Rimowa? No trailer, just my truck if anyone knows if they mind at all. I'll go in and ask myself but would rather not drive that way and can't drop the sled anywhere. 

The trail doesn't go that far. Hasn't for some time now. Follow the trail up the map to 30 and 31 (Green Horizons Sod farm). The trail comes right in to the yard. You can park in the parking lot at the rear. You may want to check in at the office but they are sledder friendly.

What time are you getting started Frosty?

We will be leaving early in the morning I hope. It's about an hr to Elmira. I'll have my lady on the back for the day on a date, to the Teviotdale truck stop for lunch lol Gotta take er easy. She likes hopping on the back of the sled once and awhile when the weather is nice. See how far we can get until we need to turn around and come back. Going to pack some chili in a Thermos just in case. I can do a run on Thursday myself if you're free and would like to do a ride then?? 

We can't get out until about 11am tomorrow. I live 5 minutes from the Green Horizons, a bit farther up the trail. We'll probably just tour around Maryhill, Elora, Elmira to put a few miles on.

I'm supposed to be riding Friday so Thursday is likely out for me. At some point I need to do some work and I should get started on my Christmas shopping....lol

We'll hook up at some point over the winter I'm sure.

Enjoy your day tomorrow.

I would love to get out and ride that area ....Dec. 31 or Jan. 1 .

Anyone game ...let me know ...

Happy Holidays !!

5 hours ago, catinental couch said:

This coming Saturday afternoon is for Christmas shopping!!!!

We are doing a Christmas thing on the 24th so I need to get moving. Gift cards for everyone.

Speaking of cards. I've been trying to get my family to stop buying Christmas cards. Damn things are $5-8 each and I buy about 10-12. You give them, the person reads them and then throws them out.

What's the point?

3 hours ago, NiagaraKev said:

I would love to get out and ride that area ....Dec. 31 or Jan. 1 .

Anyone game ...let me know ...

Happy Holidays !!

Hopefully the warm up and predicted rain for Boxing day is a no show. Another 15 cms of snow would be perfection.

32 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Mondays forecast looks like crap.

Keep looking at the varying forecasts and you may find one you like. I checked the Weather Network and Yahoo weather and a couple of others and they are all different for the exact same area.

Got our first 100 miles or so on today. Ran from Elmira, around Conestoga lake to Palmerston and teviotdale for something to eat and back. It was a nice sunny day this morning and mid afternoon. Windy as....  Saw lots of turkeys and owls out there. Didn't stop for many pics because of the wind. Trails were very good for limited in the south on Dec 20. Very few bare spots which weren't even completely bare. Cat runs like a champ too! Uses very little fuel

and oil. 

It sure was windy. Especially heading back south this aft straight into a head wind for the most part. I wanted to ride more but decided to get back to the truck around 3:00 before the sun got low. 

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Very windy in the afternoon. Trails were in good shape. And considering its only Dec 20th, they are great. 

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

image7.JPG

image1(12).JPG

Looks like something missing on that Doo.... trail permit anywhere on it?? 

18 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Looks like something missing on that Doo.... trail permit anywhere on it?? 

I bought one for it on Monday. I don't want to stick the temporary to the windshield because I'm working on removing some scratches already so its in the tank bag map pocket for now.

This sled was to be a back up for me when I don't want to ride my heavy turbo. I've been having some back issues.

Her Vector is getting clutch work done so she rode it yesterday.

Good boy. Wasn't looking for it but they're Pink! Lol can't miss it. Wife's gone shopping. I'm going riding. Anyone interested?? Plattsville and west of kitchener or....????

Great pics....lets hope the weather holds .

On 20/12/2016 at 7:09 PM, Blackstar said:

Very windy in the afternoon. Trails were in good shape. And considering its only Dec 20th, they are great. 

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

image7.JPG

image1(12).JPG

Thats a awesome backup sled :)

On 12/22/2016 at 6:39 AM, wrightonalan said:

Thats a awesome backup sled :)

Thanks. It came up in an auction. Price was good so why not. I had a back up sled a few years ago and it was great for bringing people along and for when a sled goes for a crap mid season.

Put it to use again today. My buddy hasn't ridden in 8 years. We used to ride together all the time when he had a sled. I invited him to come along today with a group of us. Between Monday and today the group dropped from 6 to just him and I...lol

Left from St Clements Clubhouse. Rode up through Conestogo Lake to Teviotdale. Down through Alma to Elmira and back to the truck. Trails were great around Palmerston/Teviotdale. I see they closed their trail during the day.

IMG_1860.JPG

I did a loop from cambridge to belwood lake friday night,trails were pretty good .Thanks to all that got trails open before christmas.

St. Clements and Waterloo Rod & Gun Trails closed this morning until we get enough snow to protect the crops.

Milverton closed today as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 6:44 PM, Blackstar said:

The trail doesn't go that far. Hasn't for some time now. Follow the trail up the map to 30 and 31 (Green Horizons Sod farm). The trail comes right in to the yard. You can park in the parking lot at the rear. You may want to check in at the office but they are sledder friendly.

What time are you getting started Frosty?

Greetings - this is my first post, as I came here looking for information about the OFSC trails in the KW area after having some difficulty on our first ride today.

Following the published maps, I parked in behind Rimowa for our first ever ride on the OFSC trails today.  There were a couple other tow vehicle/trailers there, so we followed their tracks, but soon found them coming back towards us.  They had been looking for the trail for nearly an hour with no luck.  We continued searching with them, attempting to follow the route using the GPS, but finally gave up after a few kms with no trail signs or marking anywhere.  It was fun to get out on our sleds for the first time, but I certainly was disappointed with the out-of-date maps.  Is there someone to contact to get this fixed?  There were numerous others arriving to the Rimowa parking lot as we left, so they are also likely blazing their own trails looking for signs of the proper route.

Welcome to the forum, renns.  I'm sure someone can answer your questions on here.

Archived