Barrie news said they were going to open up 200 km of trails this weekend

dedge68

Looks like the plans for Barrie openning this weekend might have changed.  :( This was just posted on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/snovoyageurs/

Packing continues however what has been done is already torn back to dirt. 20cm of snow packs to about 1-2" of base. If not left to set up sleds rip it back to dirt which is now the case in several places. So please thank those people for not having trail open by this weekend as we have to start all over again when we get fresh snow.

33 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

I hope you guys are not surprised..Azzhats.  A big thanks to all the loosers out there..

To be honest, I would be surprised if it didn't happen.   This happens every year in the same areas and effects opening day and land owners

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

I hope you guys are not surprised..Azzhats.  A big thanks to all the loosers out there..

I just got back from Exeter. Even mid day mid week and what do I see.... Idiots tearing through a park / conservation area on so little snow you still see tufts of dirt or grass poking through. 

Then the the same idiots will be so vocal and whine when the trail is closed permanently 

19 hours ago, Blake G said:

Nice video... I notice there was zero ATVs in that video. Wonder if it was done that way for a reason.

38 minutes ago, dweese said:

Nice video... I notice there was zero ATVs in that video. Wonder if it was done that way for a reason.

I suspect it may be they just didn't have any video available. The snowmobile was only there for a moment and did you notice how old the sled and gear the rider was wearing is. Probably from someones old home movie.

Hopefully there is some trail go to limited for this weekend. 

For you D8 riders,  here's an update.  Georgian Bay is out grooming.  Sno Voyageurs have made a pass over all their trails.  Orillia has started grooming but had two groomer breakdowns.  Wasaga is grooming.  Barrie SC is grooming.  Blue Mountain starts tonight.  Carden starts tomorrow.  Kawartha Lakes has green open trails. We will open more trails for the weekend!

Old Hastings has opened the Rail line north of Bancroft.

the Rail Trail North of Bancroft is Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers according to the Trails Coordinator for MLSS. I was there yesterday and saw them in action!

Livin'

Yes, Maple leaf is North of Bancroft. My bad.

1 hour ago, rushrider said:

For you D8 riders,  here's an update.  Georgian Bay is out grooming.  Sno Voyageurs have made a pass over all their trails.  Orillia has started grooming but had two groomer breakdowns.  Wasaga is grooming.  Barrie SC is grooming.  Blue Mountain starts tonight.  Carden starts tomorrow.  Kawartha Lakes has green open trails. We will open more trails for the weekend!

Thanks for the update

Archived