Snow Plow takes out my tow vehicle..NO!!!!

johnsazzr

49 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

In that case it makes sense. I just can't get my head around lifetime car payments.

Considering the average finance term is now 72 months and creeping towards 84 months every year, the majority of customers that finance are doing that for the good portion of the life of the vehicle, God help them if they try and trade in anywhere less that half way into the contract...It becomes the never never ending plan..trust me I deal with this everyday at work.

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Who are you leasing with? curious as I am in the car business. Pm me back if you want. Thanks

leasing directly with GMAC via the dealer

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Considering the average finance term is now 72 months and creeping towards 84 months every year, the majority of customers that finance are doing that for the good portion of the life of the vehicle, God help them if they try and trade in anywhere less that half way into the contract...It becomes the never never ending plan..trust me I deal with this everyday at work.

U R right about that...25 yrs in banking and I have seen retail debt spiral out of control...

I would be happy to buy a 2 yr old vehicle with 50-60,000km and pay cash but the used car market is insane,,,mainly due to the dollar and the number of vehicles heading south.

But then I enjoyed my turn at that in 2007 when the dollar was just above par and I bought a brand new Nissan Maxima in New Jersey and saved 15k off the Cdn MSRP...

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Nunz, I believe you to be a knowledgeable and straight up guy. If I wanted to get into a loan or lease then you would be the first guy I would be talking to. By the way, have you got any 4 door F150s for sale?

I handle the Finance Office, not in Sales anymore, I could assist you and yes we do have them available, however this time of the year I would also recommend checking out the rebates on Brand new, sometimes it's a good time to buy used sometimes not depending on the Manufacturer rebates. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help point you the right way.

2 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

damn looking at the pic of that new Bronco I like it...I am thinking  it might be on the Edge platform which would be a perfect size for me...will have to check it out at the car show in Feb..

Capture.JPG.f6e30fa9520f36e07f5cbee934b4f46b.JPG

The Edge is a 4 door vehicle. By your picture, I don't think the wheelbase is long enough for 2 doors.

9 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

So my wife is driving towards Minden Yesterday am northbound on HWY 35 near Miners Bay....row of cars at a stop as semi has jack knifed farther up..she is the last...snow plow is behind her...decides to pass to continue plowing...sideswipes her Subaru as he passes...then does not stop!...he passes by several times as he continues plowing and gives her a "just a sec" gesture as she and witnesses wait for police..Apparently his supervisor ordered him to keep plowing!....she is totally fine...and damage could have been much worse....unfortunately it is my tow vehicle...I may have to wait several weeks to break in the new sled and get my feet wet...writeoff would have much quicker but it is what it is....could have been a disaster

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

I'm thinking about the insurance on this accident. I stand to be corrected on this but I think that if they charge the plow driver, the no fault repair is done on you comprehensive coverage and your rates won't change. If they do not charge the plow driver, I believe the damage goes on your collision coverage and your rates will increase because of it.

Once again, I  may be totally wrong but maybe someone who knows more about insurance can chime in here.

If I am correct, you might want to push to have a charge laid if it hasn't been.

2 hours ago, Nunz said:

I handle the Finance Office, not in Sales anymore, I could assist you and yes we do have them available, however this time of the year I would also recommend checking out the rebates on Brand new, sometimes it's a good time to buy used sometimes not depending on the Manufacturer rebates. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help point you the right way.

I will leave loans and leasing to you two. Way out of my league and don't have a good attitude about it anyway. See my post above.

Thanks for the info Nunz. My daughter is looking for one but we are being pretty specific. I am trying to stay out of it because the old man is stupid but I need to gather whatever info I can from people I believe in.

4 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Carillion sucks in the Minden/Haliburton area.

Their maintenance sucks everywhere! We're stuck w/ them for the entire length of 28.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm thinking about the insurance on this accident. I stand to be corrected on this but I think that if they charge the plow driver, the no fault repair is done on you comprehensive coverage and your rates won't change. If they do not charge the plow driver, I believe the damage goes on your collision coverage and your rates will increase because of it.

Once again, I  may be totally wrong but maybe someone who knows more about insurance can chime in here.

If I am correct, you might want to push to have a charge laid if it hasn't been.

My understanding is that with no fault in Ontario if you are not at fault they cannot increase your rates...whether they charge him is not relevant.  As the OPP report states the driver struck my wife coming from behind.. She was in her lane at a complete stop behind other vehicles...no question of fault thank goodness.

L

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Be gentle on the plow drivers guys. I have sold and driven new plow trucks with the front plow and wings installed for many years. I have the utmost respect for plow drivers. They have way too much going on when plowing as well as poor visibility of where the wing tip/ blade is and usually in bad weather conditions. Around parked vehicles and in town is even worse. On the highway if they are "winging back" and the front steer tire happens to go off the edge of the shoulder (usually hard to ell where shoulder stops and ditch starts) it is most often a tip situation.

A few years ago I would have, but not lately.  3 or 4 years ago there was a change in how plowing and road maintenance was done, who work was contracted to, etc.  Seems every year they're training an entire fleet of plow drivers... Nothing against the drivers in general, except they just have a real hard time doing the 11 up here and staying on the road.... again, only in the last few years....

6 hours ago, tireless said:

hey Dennis you might want to edit your comments

Done, my bad....

10 hours ago, Nunz said:

this time of the year I would also recommend checking out the rebates on Brand new, sometimes it's a good time to buy used sometimes not depending on the Manufacturer rebates. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help point you the right way.

There have been heavy unadvertised factory rebates on Ford F150's lately - as much as $8K from Ford and as much as $2,500 from dealer - tons of 2016's on the lots with the 2017's coming in. Check inventories on the internet for various dealers and go visit. They are also adding steel rims, winter tires and the sensors on some arrangements or financing / leasing.

Here is an article from October - very likely might even be better deals as lots of trucks out there:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/news/industry-news/the-biggest-discounts-on-pickups-including-canadas-best-selling-vehicle/article32389554/?reqid=908bda42-6db5-4e6c-a3ac-8ce269bb6824

15 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

The Edge is a 4 door vehicle. By your picture, I don't think the wheelbase is long enough for 2 doors.

There isn't much that's known for sure about the future Bronco.  But we do know one thing; the union agreements are in place and they suggest that the Bronco will be built alongside the new Ranger.  Hence, it's reasonable to guess that they will both be body-on-frame construction. Road & Track speculates that the new Bronco will be more like the foreign-market Ford Everest, built on the current Ranger's underpinning.  Most insiders agree that Ford is likely to release both 2- and 4-door versions too. No matter what, the new Bronco can't be a worse tow vehicle than the old one. 

Archived