Ski Doo Glovebox extender

OHCNDA

looking for reviews on the glovebox extender. I also want to hear from anyone who may have retrofit it to hold your cell phone so it can be used as a GPS. 

Thanks

We have the Glove Box extender on our 2016 Gran Touring SE for our Garmen. Works great and allows us full access to the box. Just need to get the liner now.

IMG-20151001-00463.jpg

I haven't used my sled yet, but I am going to use velcro to hold my Garmin on the extension. The liner is nice, but almost impossible to get at the 12 volt outlet. It has an access spot, but I had to make a slit in it in order to get at it. 

We had the Garmin Mount attached to the extension from the factory/dealer. This allows us to keep it on all the time with the back light on so when it's real cold, like it was in Kirkland Lake last Family Day weekend, -40c, it wont freeze the screen. We just pop it off when stop and leave the sled.

Thanks for asking, I never had it and ordered it with my sled this year. A couple of my buddies have it on their sleds and they said they love it, especially for the same reason Tess said. Im also having dealer do all the set up for it. 

Barberch, Im not too sure how good the Velcro will hold the garmin when hitting good sized bumps... You might be better off getting it put on with the garmin bracket etc. Just hate to see you loose it on the trail.  

I agree.  Velcro won't hold well, especially with a rounded back surface like most GPS today.  For the price, it'd be worth having the actual mount installed, for the reasons noted above.

55 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I agree.  Velcro won't hold well, especially with a rounded back surface like most GPS today.  For the price, it'd be worth having the actual mount installed, for the reasons noted above.

does the mount work with all Garmins? I am just using the one I used in my car. Is the mount a Skidoo part?

The Mount is a Garmin Mount from Ski Doo. I'm not sure if it fits all Garmin's. Ski Doo was selling the Montana with the mount as a package. I already had a Montana so we just ordered the Glove Box Extension and Garmin mount.

http://store.ski-doo.com/product/1032482/860201417/_/Montana%26%238224%3B_GPS_and_Support_Kit

Works great.

We have a similar setup to DaveTess' on our 2016 GTSE, works great for my Montana 600T.  I have a similar problem to barberch with the liner installed, I still cannot find the access port for the 12V outlet yet...barberch when you find where yours is located can you let me know?  Sure would like to be able to charge our phones and camera while riding.

The mount is a Garmin product, you can buy it here: http://www.gpscity.ca/garmin-montana-6xx-amps-rugged-mount-with-audio-power-cable.html at a savings and install it yourself, quite easy.  I bought an extra mount and use it in our Commander as well as the GTSE.

there is a liner? why would'nt they come with the kit? i bought one yesterday, going to try it out on the sled today, was really hoping to not have to buy a GPS... need to find a way to waterproof my cell phone and mount it. 

if i was to buy a GPS, which model of Montana are you guys using? Where do you find the mapping to install on it?

1 hour ago, OHCNDA said:

if i was to buy a GPS, which model of Montana are you guys using? Where do you find the mapping to install on it?

I have a Garmin Nuvi 550 (Auto/marine no longer available) with a RAM mount attached to the extended glove box door. Map is from TrakMaps.

P1010739.jpg

On 11/27/2016 at 8:37 AM, Spanky said:

We have a similar setup to DaveTess' on our 2016 GTSE, works great for my Montana 600T.  I have a similar problem to barberch with the liner installed, I still cannot find the access port for the 12V outlet yet...barberch when you find where yours is located can you let me know?  Sure would like to be able to charge our phones and camera while riding.

The mount is a Garmin product, you can buy it here: http://www.gpscity.ca/garmin-montana-6xx-amps-rugged-mount-with-audio-power-cable.html at a savings and install it yourself, quite easy.  I bought an extra mount and use it in our Commander as well as the GTSE.

If you look at the back of the liner, a little to the left of center, you will see that there is an access to the 12 volt outlet. The problem is that the there is an overlap of the material making it difficult to get at.

There is indeed an over lap in the material for the liner. I installed a cigarette USB adapter in the cigarette plug then ran a dual USB line through the slit . Can charge the phone and the go pro all at the same time. Works great.

I ordered the proper Ram mount today. I didn't even know it existed Thanks!

I am going to take the 12 volt socket out of the glovebox and put it beside the DESS. I am going to put a Dual USB outlet in its place for charging my phone and GoPro. 

I also ordered a power supply for the GPS that I will wire direct to battery.  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01JUNG3G2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I may try to put in another Dual USB outlet on the otherside near the heated seat switch too

28 minutes ago, barberch said:

I ordered the proper Ram mount today. I didn't even know it existed Thanks!

I am going to take the 12 volt socket out of the glovebox and put it beside the DESS. I am going to put a Dual USB outlet in its place for charging my phone and GoPro. 

I also ordered a power supply for the GPS that I will wire direct to battery.  https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01JUNG3G2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I may try to put in another Dual USB outlet on the otherside near the heated seat switch too

You wouldn't be trying to follow the Sledjunk school of gadgets program would you

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

You wouldn't be trying to follow the Sledjunk school of gadgets program would you

I have been known to have a few gadgets.... but now they are all necessities! lol

Archived