Stolen trailer and sleds last night

mxzx121

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just blasted on every Facebook group I belong to, Hope it gets found and they get caught...

Shared the post on FB about an hour ago and there has been over 60 shares of it since...  Wow...

52 minutes ago, mxzx121 said:

Worst part is trying to explain to a 5 and 8 year old why their sleds are gone.

Agreed.  Getting stolen stuff replaced (even at a loss) is one thing, getting uninsurable stuff replaced is another thing.  Adults don't understand most times, can't imagine how the kids are going to take it.  

Hope you catch the bastard and run him/them over.

I think someone already mentioned that the kid sleds although uninsured as vehicles on standalone policies should be covered under home owners policy as personal property. I believe most policies also extend personal property coverage to 10% of insured content value while away from home traveling as well.

What a bunch of dirt bags! It sucks to have to tell your kids that some DB stole their sleds. I say that if they find the person, your kids should be able to kick them in the Ba&$'s for ruining their winter!

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I think someone already mentioned that the kid sleds although uninsured as vehicles on standalone policies should be covered under home owners policy as personal property. I believe most policies also extend personal property coverage to 10% of insured content value while away from home traveling as well.

No see my post above. They would not put a rider on it as it has a vehicle vin #.  It at minimum would have to be insured like a full size sled on a vehicle policy.

But then they had an out doing that even if it was not cost effective, ie 3-400 dollar yearly premium with a $500 deductible on an item you paid $1500 for.

It is an out for them, I am sure the insurance co's really want no part of insuring a motorized vehicle that only kids under about 8 years old can drive.

I guess you've been down the home owners insurance path it seems. I thought it would be covered as personal property. I know my outboard for my tin boat is covered under personal property without being specifically listed but there is a $1K limit. Above that value coverage it needs to be listed with an additional premium. Oh well, I tried. It would be nice if it was like the outboard.

Anyways it is a lousy thing to have happen especially with the kids sled not covered. The snow scoot probably had the most value of the three sleds!

I hope for good luck and you get your trailer and sleds back, it's a hard way for the kids to learn about shitty people.

That sucks- keep an eye on kijiji and anywhere they might be put up for sale or parted out.

5 hours ago, mxzx121 said:

A couple companies will insure under 250cc, but they know kids are driving them.  You would pay about $500 a year on a $2000 sled.

My wife is a insurance broker.

I was paying about 120 a year for my son's ATV and dirt bike, 120 and 70cc, liability only.  They were not worth enough to insure them further.

Is there really any bullet proof way to secure our toys?

RISK-modified.jpg

The one I use has a piece that covers one of the lug nuts but if a crook wants something bad enough they will find a way. Picture was good for a laugh though 

Um, why didn't they take the tire? That was a big middle finger from the crooks!

Probably used the spare that was on the tongue with one of the oversized wing nuts 

On 11/16/2016 at 5:50 PM, Doogirl69 said:

Saw one of those trailers on Kijiji. Never seen one in person but look pretty cool.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-snowmobile-parts-trailer-accessories/muskoka/1999-custom-all-aluminum-enclosed-atv-sled-trailer/1193880694

wow i looked at this ad on kijji ,,,,,the guy wants 1300.00 bucks more than what i paid in 2005 for the same trailer 

Now we need to post an article about theives getting caught by hidden GPS trackers on sleds, stored in garages or trailers. Must be something cost effective you can buy and hide it some where hard to find in a sled. 

Archived