Stolen trailer and sleds last night

mxzx121

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks!

Hope you get it back

That sucks!  Hope they are found, intact.

Good Luck and will be on the lookout.

Trailer is unique enough it should be easy to spot on the road and large enough it may be tough to hide. When caught part of the punishment should be that the victim gets to just take whatever the thief has of comparable value and keep it even if the sleds and trailer are recovered. Unfortunately today they never get much more than a slap on the wrist.

Very sorry to hear. Unique trailer. Will be on the lookout.

Sucks about the theft. After knowing 2 other chaps that had their trailers stolen from their yards, I'd be leery of storing sleds in them. One fellow had his empty trailer stolen from his driveway. It was never found. The 2nd guy lost his trailer from his yard. It & a stolen pickup were found abandoned in a filed near Nestleton. Thieves had punched a hole in the side of the trailer. He figured when they found out there wasn't any sleds they had no use for the trailer or truck.

Sucks about not being able to insure the mini sleds too.

If I remember when we had the Z120, they said it had to be insured as a vehicle because it had a VIN#, but it could not be insured as a vehicle because it was not licensed like a larger snowmobile.....;)

Thieves.... this is the one thing I like about some of the middle east law. You steal and you lose fingers or a hand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9831727/Iran-unveils-finger-amputating-machine-for-use-on-thieves.html

15 minutes ago, mxz800 said:

i have the same trailer 

Really! Did you perhaps just get it last night.... sorry couldn't resist. :D

15 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Really! Did you perhaps just get it last night.... sorry couldn't resist. :D

well i did get in november .........................................................................................................................................................2005

Every year around this time somebody is getting a sled or 2 swiped from them. Sorry to hear, hopefully you get them back in one piece. My sled is in garage, trailer parked in driveway with 2 locks on it. I've thought about drilling into the concrete floor in garage to install some sort of an anchor that I can lock my sleds up to...

Last year in the southern Georgian Bay area thieves were walking into a persons yard, picking the sled up and silently carrying it away even while people were in the house/cottage.

I lock everything. When I was working the sled trailer was behind a 10 foot high security fence, with 18 cameras around the outside of the building and 24 hour on site security. It was one of the perks of the job. Even then the ramp door was padlocked. When it's in my driveway there are two locks on the coupler, typically one of the vehicles is backed up to within a foot of the trailer body, not just the tongue, a lock on the ramp even though it's backed up a foot from the garage door and there's a clamp lock on the wheel. When towing the hitch draw bar is locked to the truck and the coupler also has a lock securing it to the hitch. Call me paranoid I don't care. Too many damn thieves out there.

25 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Last year in the southern Georgian Bay area thieves were walking into a persons yard, picking the sled up and silently carrying it away even while people were in the house/cottage.

I lock everything. When I was working the sled trailer was behind a 10 foot high security fence, with 18 cameras around the outside of the building and 24 hour on site security. It was one of the perks of the job. Even then the ramp door was padlocked. When it's in my driveway there are two locks on the coupler, typically one of the vehicles is backed up to within a foot of the trailer body, not just the tongue, a lock on the ramp even though it's backed up a foot from the garage door and there's a clamp lock on the wheel. When towing the hitch draw bar is locked to the truck and the coupler also has a lock securing it to the hitch. Call me paranoid I don't care. Too many damn thieves out there.

For the cost of coupler locks, hitch and padlocks it's well worth the peace of mind! Your spending thousands on a sled and trailer...$100 is nothing for a few locks. The wheel lock is my next purchase. I also back right up to the trailer...if they want it bad enough, they'll get it. The locks just slow them down

19 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Locks are only for honest thieves but sometimes slows them down enough that someone may notice. It can also deter them into looking for easier pray.

Agreed... make it hard enough for them and they will hopefully go somewhere else. If one of our trucks are in the driveway there isn't any way they can get the trailer out without moving the truck first. Not enough room between the rear of the trailer and the garage wall, the front of the body (not the tongue) of the trailer and the truck bumper to turn it and pull it out. The house and front porch are on one side of the trailer and our neighbours car which never moves is on the other side. Blocked in on all 4 sides.

A friend of ours pulled his aluminum fishing boat out for the winter and put it upside down in his yard with a substantial chain around a tree. He figured it would be safe. He came back in the spring and damn if the crooks hadn't got his boat. They cut the tree down.

Sorry to hear about your trailer, I will certainly keep an eye out for it and while I am driving the highway..

That sucks...very unique trailer...what kind of Darwinian Candidate would steal that? I have locks on ramp door and coupler ...and hitch pin when in use....going to get a tire lock tomorrow...fukin morons

8 hours ago, mxzx121 said:

My trailer with wife and kids sleds was stolen last night.  10 min from Gravenhurst on hwy 169.

The trailer is unique.  E and J double in line trailer.   2004 mxzx 600 SDI.  1989 snow scoot.  2001 XC 120.

Resized_FB_IMG_1479298962633.jpg

I shared the photo and description on facebook to spread the word...if not OK let me know and I will pull it off right away

I met a couple at the Snowcrest Pancake breakfast two years ago. They had their enclosed trailer and two sleds stolen from one of those fenced and gated storage facilities. I hate thieves

Archived