NRSA Season 2016/2017

Though I give a quick trail update and say that NRSA trails are in great shape!  Nice to see lots of sleds out and people driving responsible even in the cold. Lastly, it was even nicer to able to ride with a great group of friends, which volunteer many hours to ensure we have great trails!  

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out for a ride today, trails are in great shape & we have about 4 inches of fresh snow & it's still snowing!

I was thinking on going out but wasnt sure if the wind would of been causing whiteout riding condutions.   Hopefully in the next couple days get back out. 

I'll be in Mattawa this weekend if anyone is around and wants to meet up. 

As of today Jan 12, our trail status on the OFSC interactive has changed from green to yellow. We had a very strong wind and tress may be down, plus we had some rain overnight.  Please ride with caution & we will keep you posted on our status.

1 hour ago, KCC said:

As of today Jan 12, our trail status on the OFSC interactive has changed from green to yellow. We had a very strong wind and tress may be down, plus we had some rain overnight.  Please ride with caution & we will keep you posted on our status.

Thanks for the update.  Here's hoping not much damage done to the hard work already put in by you and the group up there.  

As of Jan 13/17 the some of the trails through NRSA territory are now OPEN green on the OFSC interactive map, these trails are TOPS A, 131, 133, 135, 138. While trails 130,132, 134, 136,137 & A101Q remain OPEN LIMITED - yellow on the OFSC interactive map

I wasn't going to go out but SO glad I did.  A bit rough here through Petawawa and along the pipe line until the NRSA boarder then was smooth all the way up to Deep River.  Seen quite a few sleds on that part of the run.  I had to stop once or twice between Pet  & Deep to warm my finger tips up.  I left the A-Trail and turned onto the fresh groomed 131.  Looked to be maybe two sled tracks down it.  I felt like a snowmobile celebrity riding it this afternoon.  It was beautiful.   I picked a few sticks, limbs up along the way that were mostly poking through from underneath.  I took a couple pics, once again I will attempt to post, keeping my fingers crossed I am able to.   I never seen another sled once I turned onto the 131 and looped counter clockwise back in to Deep River.  I seen one lone sled near the turn into the town but nothing again until nearly Chalk River.  

About 125kms this afternoon, only out at most 3 hours.  Hopefully we get a little fresh snow to help with the slide cooling.  Can hardly wait to get back up that way and do the other 130's loops, they are usually my favourites.     

IMG_5332.JPG131 /A-Trail Junction

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5335.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

Looks great. Thanks for the report, Shawn.

Shawn, Thank you for the update and glad you had a wonderful ride.
Groomer operators were out from about 4:30 pm on Thursday till around noon today. The 131 was done this morning before heading back to the groomer shed. The groomer is back on the trails now grooming the 134 & 136 trails . A BIG THANK YOU to our dedicated volunteers, who were busy checking trails & removing down trees.  NRSA trails are now OPEN GREEN again on the OFSC interactive map. The only trail that remains OPEN LIMITED is the 2 kms of the A101Q from highway 17 to the Quebec bridge, which is road running.  

Did a quick ride up that way yesterday afternoon.  Left Pet at 1 and home by 6:3ish.  175kms.  Stopped at Bears Den for quick snack before heading home.  Did the A up to Rolphton topped up with gas and came back down to the 131 and did the 130's loops.  There were pretty nice.  Didn't see anyone on them back there at that time of day.  We may of seen you  a coupe times Karen, but not certain.  I can't remember what colour the sled you have now is??  We seen the groomer heading out when we were coming back down where the 131 and A trail meet closer to Deep River.  Groomer was heading west which was great as it was a bit choppy going through there. Wouldn't have been so bad but we are still doubling on my sled this year and it makes it a bit harder.    

Shawn, I don't have the blue apex anymore, I traded last January & now drive a 2016 Sliver vector xtx.

Yesterday, we headed to Mattawa Ski & Golf for a late lunch!  Was a lot less traffic and even saw a moose on the a-trail east of harvey lake on the way home.  We meet the groomer on the way into Rolphton Esso, so the A-trail will be great shape today! 

Ya I remember you got rid of the other sled.  I just couldn't remember that your new one was silver.

Did you's ever sell the other sled you had up for sale?

Yes, I traded it in at the dealership and the mechanic bought it.  

3 hours ago, KCC said:

Shawn, I don't have the blue apex anymore, I traded last January & now drive a 2016 Sliver vector xtx.

Yesterday, we headed to Mattawa Ski & Golf for a late lunch!  Was a lot less traffic and even saw a moose on the a-trail east of harvey lake on the way home.  We meet the groomer on the way into Rolphton Esso, so the A-trail will be great shape today! 

Sent you a PM

52 minutes ago, KCC said:

Yes, I traded it in at the dealership and the mechanic bought it.  

Did you have another one for sale, I thought Brenda seen on your FB you had a blue one for sale recently, an extended Apex maybe??? Or maybe that was someone else, LOL

My brother had an 2008 apex for sale, but it sold on Saturday.

Just back from a quick solo 140km trip up to the 130's trails and back. They were nice and flat back there and didnt see a sole.  Be a long walk out if something were to happen alone back there thats for sure. 

With the unseasonably warm temperatures continuing, NRSA would like to preserve the established trail base by asking all riders to consider the soft conditions by slowing down and adjusting their driving habits accordingly. Grooming frequency has been modified to align with the temperatures and trail conditions.

Remember "It's all about the Base!"

Ride safe!

Yes i agree. I was however quite suprised the trails last night were still fairly strong but even milder today wont help that. 

Unfortuantley you still get the odd person out there that likes to giver the throttle on take offs and corners, not quite sure why as im sure all they are doing is spinning and not gaining some thrill to it , dunno....

Here's hoping it gets colder very soon, the week forecast not looking favourable. 

NRSA trails have been limited on OFSC interactive map since Friday.  Lots of traffic and trails are taking a beating, need cold weather soon, plus snow!

Got about 4 inches of snow last night, groomer is out trying to repair corners & the trails from the mild weather & heavy sled traffic.  Please be patient as it will take a few groomer trips to get the A-trail back in shape, plus more snow. Trails are still limited on the OFSC interactive map.  Thanks.

36 minutes ago, KCC said:

Got about 4 inches of snow last night, groomer is out trying to repair corners & the trails from the mild weather & heavy sled traffic.  Please be patient as it will take a few groomer trips to get the A-trail back in shape, plus more snow. Trails are still limited on the OFSC interactive map.  Thanks.

Sounds promising for next week trip thru the area. How would some of the side trails be, less traffic and damage on those I assume?

I have not been out since Saturday, as it was so mild, I decided to park the sled.  However I did hear that they saw less traffic and therefore would have held up better.  Hoping to go for a ride in the next day or 2 so I will post an update then.  Plus if I hear anymore about the club trails.  

Well my sled's been parked just over a week now,   hmmmmmm, to Go or not to GO??

Anticipation may get the better of me..it usually does. 

Archived