2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Moose and Eagle are done, clear shot to Whitney as of Monday. Head was sloppy on Sunday and not ready, Haliburton, the Redstones and Kennisis were not ready as well. Viperules, you are right it makes no sense! Head has been run for some time to town, but we can't stake to Glebe Park. It just keeps changing. The groomers were out Friday and we have been hanging out since then. All 5 will be out at various times tomorrow and will be doing a clean up daily to Friday for some awesome weekend riding!!

Livin'

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Eagle and Moose got staked on the weekend.

Good to know. So the area is ok for riding next week? 

Should be good by the weekend. I'll let you know, I'm planning to head up to Whitney from Carnarvon on Friday.

27 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Moose and Eagle are done, clear shot to Whitney as of Monday. Head was sloppy on Sunday and not ready, Haliburton, the Redstones and Kennisis were not ready as well. Viperules, you are right it makes no sense! Head has been run for some time to town, but we can't stake to Glebe Park. It just keeps changing. The groomers were out Friday and we have been hanging out since then. All 5 will be out at various times tomorrow and will be doing a clean up daily to Friday for some awesome weekend riding!!

Livin'

Wow never seen that lake unpredictable like that.  That use to be only lake I would trust early in the season. 

Trailer? B from D101B?

Can I come too !!??

Livin'

Sure can. Looks like snow most days this week so a Friday ride to Whitney should be really good.

Thanks for update. 

Going to attempt it for tomorrow from Kinmount to Whitney.

8 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Thanks for update. 

Going to attempt it for tomorrow from Kinmount to Whitney.

Have a great run. Look forward to your report.

Anyone know if you can park overnight by head lake in designed ofsc staging lot, near boat ramp.

21 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Anyone know if you can park overnight by head lake in designed ofsc staging lot, near boat ramp.

I am also interested in parking in that area on Friday, easy trail access from there and okay to park over night?

Lots of room for trucks and trailers.  I have seen trucks there for a few days before all covered in snow.  Im 99 percent sure you can stay there, hopefully livin can make the other 1% up for me.  Trail is right there and gas is there as well Blake G posted a map on here before ill try and find it.

Gobills I was with you on the 99% sure OK but I thought I'd make a call. Dysart By Law does not allow OVERNIGHT parking on Municipal property. I was told they would ticket/tow to enforce. The main reason for this is parked vehicles could become snowbound by snow removal operations. Pinestone is an alternative for parking and they are very sledder friendly. HCSA literally grooms to their door via trail #7

Livin'

40 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Gobills I was with you on the 99% sure OK but I thought I'd make a call. Dysart By Law does not allow OVERNIGHT parking on Municipal property. I was told they would ticket/tow to enforce. The main reason for this is parked vehicles could become snowbound by snow removal operations. Pinestone is an alternative for parking and they are very sledder friendly. HCSA literally grooms to their door via trail #7

Livin'

Thanks for the heads up. I have parked at pinestone before for a small fee and usually stay a night as well. Figure if I could park at boat ramp I would. Why is trail 7 still red? Can I safetly get to the trail still?

I think you'll find that only part of 7 is red. Looks like you can still get to Pinestone on yellow section.

The 7 to pinestone from the Hali side is being groomed right now.

Livin'

1 hour ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin'

Well now we all know!!!  Thanks again

4 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

I am not sure about Hali, but I have parked at Kinmount along the rail line a few times (once was for 3 nights).  There will likely be 10 trucks there this weekend.

Hey Livin!

What are the odds of fenelon falls to kinmount opening for tomorrow (Sunday)?

Was hoping to trailer up in the morning. 

1 hour ago, johnsazzr said:

I am also curious about conditions on rail trail from Kinmount north this weekend...

I believe that is KLSC's trails so best inquire there.

HCSA trails start at Kinmount, the B103/ rail trail in HCSA hasn't been closed since the season started. All HCSA trails that are showing yellow will be green on the next update(weekend can have a lag, volunteers ride too !!) If you are starting at Kinmount, you will be good. All groomers are out again tonight.

Livin'

17 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

HCSA trails start at Kinmount, the B103/ rail trail in HCSA hasn't been closed since the season started. All HCSA trails that are showing yellow will be green on the next update(weekend can have a lag, volunteers ride too !!) If you are starting at Kinmount, you will be good. All groomers are out again tonight.

Livin'

Yeah, right!  Brain fart! :oops::oops::oops:  I read Kinmount and thought Lindsay.  We just rode from Kinmount yesterday :wtf::wtf: 

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived