2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Me too! Thanks for coming out. Nice to see some folks we haven't met in person before.

Livin'

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Nice meeting you at tonights HCSA meeting Cayuna and Mrs. Cayuna.

8 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Me too! Thanks for coming out. Nice to see some folks we haven't met in person before.

Livin'

Hey jrhz06 and livin',

It was really great to meet you guys at the HCSA meeting last night. Met some other good people too. There is such a vast difference in HCSA now, compared to several years ago. I'd like to come down to future meetings and help out in any way possible. The club is livin' now ! :) 

Cuyuna

Hey Livin, I noticed (or I think I noticed) the rail line was a lot wider in some spots.  I assume you guys have been trimming the trees!  Thanks for the good work!

Any update on the trails by tomorrow at noon, would be appreciated. Kind of concerned everything is going to ice up and make riding difficult. May need to buy scratchers tomorrow. :-( 

16 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Any update on the trails by tomorrow at noon, would be appreciated. Kind of concerned everything is going to ice up and make riding difficult. May need to buy scratchers tomorrow. :-( 

No idea what the impact is going to be up north. I hope it's nothing like here in Toronto. My truck has a nice thick layer of ice on everything. The driveway is a layer of ice and I just put down ice melt on the front steps. I hope it's actually snow in cottage country like some forecasts were calling for rather than freezing rain.

23 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

No idea what the impact is going to be up north. I hope it's nothing like here in Toronto. My truck has a nice thick layer of ice on everything. The driveway is a layer of ice and I just put down ice melt on the front steps. I hope it's actually snow in cottage country like some forecasts were calling for rather than freezing rain.

Last week the east part of province escaped the rain. Looks like it is a similar pattern. West side getting lots of rain, this year.

mgooding, most of our trails are wider and smoother than they have been in some time. I just updated the trail guide and most is green. the ice rain was very light and short lived here for now. I am going out to stake some lakes and will update later. Not Kennisis!! It's not ready according to the guys that do it.

Livin'

Looks like it changed here real fast!! Got a coating of ice in the short time indoors. I'll update how much ice rain later.

Livin'

Hi, up at Pinstone resort as we speak and it is raining ice.  heading to Halls lake area tomorrow...ran the B across the park today  Great ride!!! . trials will take anything that happens tonight.....conditions might be slick in spots. Thanks Haliburton for Maintaining the best trails in Ont.  Its perfect up Here!!!!    

18 minutes ago, RCR said:

Hi, up at Pinstone resort as we speak and it is raining ice.  heading to Halls lake area tomorrow...ran the B across the park today  Great ride!!! . trials will take anything that happens tonight.....conditions might be slick in spots. Thanks Haliburton for Maintaining the best trails in Ont.  Its perfect up Here!!!!    

Welcome to OC!

49 minutes ago, RCR said:

Give me a report tomorrow after your ride. Coming Friday morning, unless ice age hits :-(.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys. As of right now we've been getting ice pellets in Carnarvon area for the past couple of hours. Hoping it doesn't change to rain.

well its 7:00 AM  and its really slick out there. Dam cold with the wind as well..i am Hoping the sleds with break through the ice layer that  Mother Nature left us overnight.  Be Careful out there!  Any word on freshly groomed trails? or would that off made it worse?

In Toronto it went from freezing rain to just rain. The thick layer of ice from last night is all gone and it looks like it cleaned the salt off the truck as well. Hopefully the trails survived well.

Didn't get any freezing rain in Carnarvon to speak of, just ice pellets and snow. 

Doesn't look to bad down here either,(Kinmount) our base is pretty bulletproof and we will be good to go after grooming tonight.

Livin'

1 hour ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Doesn't look to bad down here either,(Kinmount) our base is pretty bulletproof and we will be good to go after grooming tonight.

Livin'

Sounds good, hopefully I won't over heat and have to call you for a tow :-).

Breakable crust on snow, you'll be fine.

3 hours ago, jrhz06 said:

Breakable crust on snow, you'll be fine.

Just finished snow blowing the property. Very  thin crust - lots of loose snow underneath. We got off really lucky !

3 hours ago, Cuyuna said:

Just finished snow blowing the property. Very  thin crust - lots of loose snow underneath. We got off really lucky !

awesome, thanks for the great news for a change.

trails are being groomed and in great shape...put on 200 km from Halls lake

All 5 groomers out last night and tonight! All lakes are staked and will show green on the IG soon.(today) Thanks to Cayuna and jrhz06 for doing some of the lake staking! The 16 from B to Sherborn is open for the first time in 3 years. This gets you over to Tall Pines quickly. HCSA and D6 are showing a whole lot of green, maybe I can take a day off.

Livin'

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived