2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Yes, we did!! You Yammi guys feeling all your body parts after that epic run. I'm still eating chili and having a beer Teener had ready for you all!! Rode another 250 KM today. About to update this year's KM's.. Wait for it... All in HCSA territory.

Livin

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

HCSA trails start at Kinmount, the B103/ rail trail in HCSA hasn't been closed since the season started. All HCSA trails that are showing yellow will be green on the next update(weekend can have a lag, volunteers ride too !!) If you are starting at Kinmount, you will be good. All groomers are out again tonight.

Livin'

Thank you for the info..just have to decide whether to go Sunday or Monday...or both!

3 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Yes, we did!! You Yammi guys feeling all your body parts after that epic run. I'm still eating chili and having a beer Teener had ready for you all!! Rode another 250 KM today. About to update this year's KM's.. Wait for it... All in HCSA territory.

Livin

That is some good mileage numbers already. Will be up soon to put some miles on :)

I'm sure with this cold snap the lakes will be good soon.  Maybe not kenesis or Redstone kawagama as they are big lakes.  Ask old sledder on here he's on kawagama he might know for sure about that lake.

mistake

On 1/28/2017 at 8:02 PM, johnsazzr said:

Thank you for the info..just have to decide whether to go Sunday or Monday...or both!

Riding solo on Tuesday from long beach area if you want to join me.

3 hours ago, Dufftom said:

Riding solo on Tuesday from long beach area if you want to join me.

What time you leaving ?

Trails 8, 4 and the B from trail 4 all the way to Whitney were in fantastic condition today. Table top smooth and perfect consistency to provide positive steering without being grabby or loose. Add in the sunshine and it was an absolutly perfect day to be on the trails. Thanks Livin' and thank the groomers, they've done a great job.

19 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Trails 8, 4 and the B from trail 4 all the way to Whitney were in fantastic condition today. Table top smooth and perfect consistency to provide positive steering without being grabby or loose. Add in the sunshine and it was an absolutly perfect day to be on the trails. Thanks Livin' and thank the groomers, they've done a great job.

Have you headed towards Hawk lake on the B yet??  Also have you been up Kushog or any of the lakes??

Sorry Gobills, I haven't been up that direction yet. As you know, the B north of Beech River is really wet and rocky so we need cold to freeze things up then lots of snow. We got both of those but in reverse order so it's still shown as yellow. Definately rideable but why ride yellow trails when the other direction is green and in great condition. Snow in the forecast so I'm hoping to head up that way soon and ride some Tall Pines trails. I'll post as soon as I get up that way.

Hey Livin, is Trail 9 permanently closed?  Or is it just really hard to get ready.  I've never been it on it before. 

Trail 11 across Kennisis and redstone is showing green BUT from the guys who normally stake the lake as of today they weren't going to get to it until at least the weekend due to thin ice and open water around the new Kennisis dam.

Can HCSA confirm??

mgooding, the 9 is the trail we got a $100,000 grant on, we should be in there soon and it will be open. Canadoo, I answered you in the other thread. You guys are killing me... I'm going riding and I suggest you come here and ride. The trails are very good.

Livin'

15 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

mgooding, the 9 is the trail we got a $100,000 grant on, we should be in there soon and it will be open. Canadoo, I answered you in the other thread. You guys are killing me... I'm going riding and I suggest you come here and ride. The trails are very good.

Livin'

Exciting!!!! Thanks for the good trails Livin.  Wish I could ride and not have to go to school everyday!

16 minutes ago, gobills said:

LIVIN  thanks for all you do and are doing, we all appreciate what you do on here keeping us up to date.  THANKS!!!  Cheers!!!!

I'll second that motion !

Thanks guys, but I am seriously going riding for a day or two. Take it from me all of HCSA is good except I don't recommend that trail 11 thing West of the Redstones!! All groomers are out tonight and will be nightly 'til she's over.

Livin'

On January 31, 2017 at 5:06 PM, gobills said:

Have you headed towards Hawk lake on the B yet??  Also have you been up Kushog or any of the lakes??

Ive been running Mountain and 12 Mile this past week.  Mountain is perfect.  12 Mile theres some funkiness too, theres still some open water on it, and some pressure ridges? towards the north/east end of the lake.   Most people are getting off at the church beach and thats the safest bet for sure if you don't know the lake well.   Haven't made it to the Hawks, clear, pine etc yet.

7 minutes ago, ChainsawCarver said:

Ive been running Mountain and 12 Mile this past week.  Mountain is perfect.  12 Mile theres some funkiness too, theres still some open water on it, and some pressure ridges? towards the north/east end of the lake.   Most people are getting off at the church beach and thats the safest bet for sure if you don't know the lake well.   Haven't made it to the Hawks, clear, pine etc yet.

Ran all the lakes yesterday and today.  Absolutely awesome!!

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Ran all the lakes yesterday and today.  Absolutely awesome!!

Perfect!   Glad to hear it, will be running them all next weekend to get to the poker run. 

Ran a lot of the trails in the area this past week, the grooming has been great, thanks everyone!

Ran the Hawks, Clear, Red Pine, Kennisis, Redstone, down to Moose and Eagle. All the lakes were good. Some minor slush on Kennesis and some broken ice right at the end Of Red Pine  ( old trail route, not current trail 11) just before you come up to West Shore Rd. - Just give er there to be safe. Also, as you go into the bay off West Shore onto Kennisis there is some open water near the right end where the pressure crack happens - keep an eye out for that. All told, some great running.

Nice meeting you at tonights HCSA meeting Cayuna and Mrs. Cayuna.

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived