2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

36 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

The Interactive Trail Guide is on the OFSC website and shows the trail status as updated by the local club. Red is closed trails, yellow is limited availability which basically translates to good to ride but exercise caution for wet spots or minor hazards and green is good to go essentially. You always need to be cautious though. Here's the link to the ITG

http://ofsc.mapbase.ca/viewer/

The more you zoom in the more detail you find. In the top left corner you can change the map base. Myself I like hybrid.

Thanks for that, the ITG is very useful resource, appreciate it. Still no open trails for me to access without tailering. Was in Haliburton yesterday and saw 2 or 3 dozen sleds parked so I was envious, but looks like they are all using that one trail so that one trail must be busy with traffic.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, drpaul said:

Thanks for that, the ITG is very useful resource, appreciate it. Still no open trails for me to access without tailering. Was in Haliburton yesterday and saw 2 or 3 dozen sleds parked so I was envious, but looks like they are all using that one trail so that one trail must be busy with traffic.

I'm itching to ride myself. We ride in Port Severn and while our trails are getting close they are not there yet. Too many wet spots, rocks etc. still sticking up but prep work continues. There are some rail bed trails from the top of Lake Couchiching to Penetang that I will likely ride when the idiots that will be tearing it up this weekend are done.

Let's not forget that we are weeks ahead of where we normally are at this time of year. The fact that there are any trails open is great news. It takes a lot of cold weather to tighten up the wet areas.

B103 from Hali to Kinmount  was groomed one way only last nite. Wasn't in that bad of shape so should be OK today. Lots more snow again the last couple of days, so we should be out tomorrow re-packing the other trails and seeing if the water has set up. jrhz06, you are correct that we are way ahead of the usual timeline for packing trails in this part of the world!

Livin'

Just curious as to what you/ the club plan on doing on trail 4 this year??  Horseshoe  lake road is closed at bethel road until late February.  Just asking because it's a pretty big link from minden for gas.  Just don't want people to be stuck not knowing if they plan on going this route.

On 2017-01-01 at 0:32 PM, gobills said:

Just curious as to what you/ the club plan on doing on trail 4 this year??  Horseshoe  lake road is closed at bethel road until late February.  Just asking because it's a pretty big link from minden for gas.  Just don't want people to be stuck not knowing if they plan on going this route.

I can't speak for the club but I believe they are working on a small re-route around the closed section. Livin' will probably let us know once something is in place to address this.

The 4 trail is closed at Horseshoe lake rd. Its a Parks Canada project on the dam. A temporary re-route is in the works and a complete re-route off the road was in the works before all of this.

Livin'

Hi all, some of you may have noticed the HCSA website is broken! It's now a confusing mash-up of the old and new sites. We (Teener) are working on getting it up and running.

Livin'

9 hours ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Hi all, some of you may have noticed the HCSA website is broken! It's now a confusing mash-up of the old and new sites. We (Teener) are working on getting it up and running.

Livin'

Website was fixed as of late afternoon. From what I can gather, Microsoft made some changes on the Office365 platform that caused the website to revert to the old site, although nobody is admitting to anything. :ph34r:

It would have been addressed earlier but it's tricky getting tech support in between meetings at this crazy thing called a day job. :icon_tinykitball:

1 hour ago, teener said:

Website was fixed as of late afternoon. From what I can gather, Microsoft made some changes on the Office365 platform that caused the website to revert to the old site, although nobody is admitting to anything. :ph34r:

It would have been addressed earlier but it's tricky getting tech support in between meetings at this crazy thing called a day job. :icon_tinykitball:

Great effort and results on your part....Thanks!

10 hours ago, teener said:

Thank you for your efforts . Far to many assume that things should be perfect at all times 

11 hours ago, teener said:

Software issues and "tech (non) support" always result in lots of tedious work trying to resolve. Thanks for all your efforts !

Good news!! the IG and the HCSA website will be updated shortly to reflect major trail openings! All trails shown will be Limited with the exception of the rail trail (open). Lots of snow and the trails have been packed several times, but do expect some water holes as things just aren't frozen. Efforts to fill these spots are going on daily. REMEMBER< THERE IS NO SAFE ICE!!

Livin'

Oh, I almost forgot you can check out our awesome Facebook site for details!!

Livin'

Great news !!! Thanks Livin'

Railbed Fenelon to Kinmount is in great shape. Nunz and GoBills said it's the same to Haliburton.

Great news Livin'.

Don't know how you're getting everything done because based on what I've seen and heard at the last few HCSA club meetings you sure aren't getting much support. Directors not volunteering to help with positions that need to be filled. Directors blind siding the President and asking non-directors to leave the general meeting. One very disfunctional club. I don't think we'd have any trails even remotely close to being open without your efforts. Thank you for sticking with it in a very awkward/difficult environment.

27 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Great news Livin'.

Don't know how you're getting everything done because based on what I've seen and heard at the last few HCSA club meetings you sure aren't getting much support. Directors not volunteering to help with positions that need to be filled. Directors blind siding the President and asking non-directors to leave the general meeting. One very disfunctional club. I don't think we'd have any trails even remotely close to being open without your efforts. Thank you for sticking with it in a very awkward/difficult environment.

There are lots of Livin' fans out here. Is there anything the average Joe can do to help Livin' out ?

Thanks for speaking up, jrhz06!!! You've heard me say it before... Welcome to Haliburton, we eat our own! Now this just pertains to the situation with the HCSA and Haliburton County as a whole is awesome! What is going on here is a musical chairs of people within the BOD of HCSA and the absolute wall created by certain folks to not allow new folks in. What I think the point of this topic is a call for snowmobilers to take back a very important club before it burns out the actual people that are getting things done. Thanks for broaching this subject, and it is clearly to the point where I am not concerned what some of these people think that are alleged Directors. I am urging people that ride/reside/cottage in our area to attend our monthly meeting and see for yourself what goes on, all politics aside.. we managed to open some awesome trails today.

Livin'

20 minutes ago, Cuyuna said:

There are lots of Livin' fans out here. Is there anything the average Joe can do to help Livin' out ?

Yes. We need a strong show of people at the next club meeting to let Livin know he isn't alone in his efforts.

20 minutes ago, jrhz06 said:

Yes. We need a strong show of people at the next club meeting to let Livin know he isn't alone in his efforts.

Copy that. The next meeting is Feb 6. Let's try to get a lot of people out through this forum and Facebook. But didn't you say that non-directors are asked to leave ?

It is a general meeting and everyone is welcome, or at least that is the way the general meeting is supposed to work. At the January meeting a couple of Directors decided that they needed to have a "special" Directors meeting half way through the general meeting and against Livin's objection the non-directors were ,in no uncertain terms, told to leave the room! Hardly a positive way to get new members or volunteers. We were allowed back in after about half an hour. 

Cayuna, there used to be a Directors meeting and a General meeting when I first started. I think Directors was first Monday and General was second Tuesday. Same people, same subjects, no point. I pushed for a "blended meeting" some time ago, and that is what we have been having, including disclosing financials at these meetings. For the record, I did not see a need for the non Board to be dismissed and protested, but there was a pre set agenda amongst some folks (Not All, BOD) to be non-transparent.

Livin'

OK, thanks for the insight Livin'. I'll do my best to be at the next meeting for booster support. As we get closer to the day, let's see what kind of support can be drummed up !

Too bad politics is rearing its ugly head.  How many of the non-directors returned to the meeting vs those that left completely?  Good luck, Livin and the dedicated members of HCSA.

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived