2017 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Hi everyone, just setting up for the new season! :icon_hyper:  :icon_hyper: 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Bout time, I got home tonite and there was 3 leaves on the yard!!!

Livin'

Many of us will be watching this space...

will the trails be open this weekend? lol

Only the lakes are staked!! Not enough snow on the land trails! Sooo, this is gonna be one of those treads is it? Good, I remember when this stuff was fun!!

Livin'

F'ing 30 degrees here !st day of autumn...depressing me already

It will come...

So this year I am planning on sledding during the week days, and avoiding the weekend, except for night time weekend rides. Anyone available during weekdays to ride let me know

Every other Thursday and Friday you can count me in.

If the weather in the west is any indicator, we drove through a snow storm just north of Calgary the other day. Our first snow of the season. Its coming!

I heard a rumour that the club president has been wearing himself out with club duties over the past few weeks. He's been everywhere.

Lucky to have a guy like that.

• 2 months later...

Echo Bay is skimmed over with ice this morning.

Hali was first last year to open up some trails .. going to happen again Livin?

With projected forecast this week, were set to see another 15 cms + .. 

5 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Hali was first last year to open up some trails .. going to happen again Livin?

With projected forecast this week, were set to see another 15 cms + .. 

looks really cold in the 7 day forecast at night!!!!   Can only help get swamps frozen!  Maybe we can get out for a ride this year instead of passing each other on the trails!!

Peer Pressure, Peer Pressure! We have plenty of snow as of tonight, but just not a lot of cold yet to set most trails up. A flat smooth trail could be panned shortly under current conditions. The next couple of days may bring some early riding in many areas close the GTA.

Livin'

Rail line is limited?

great job

Hi All, I know I've been scarce lately but been just a tad busy as stated by Blake a while ago. The B103 from Kinmount to Haliburton is open as of today. Looks like you can ride from Lindsay to Hali thanks KLSA and HCSA!! HCSA has chosen to post the Rail Trail as limited as the amount of recent snow has allowed panning operations and not full scale cutting or grooming operations, this in no way will change the rider experience in our section of trail. Trail was panned yesterday, today, and will get a panning again tonite. We will be expanding as the cold permits,(lots of water holes this way) and hope to be pushing more trails open for the Christmas Holidays. Please be careful to obey speed and stop signs on HCSA trails and have a great ride this weekend! 

Livin' 

24 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

Hi All, I know I've been scarce lately but been just a tad busy as stated by Blake a while ago. The B103 from Kinmount to Haliburton is open as of today. Looks like you can ride from Lindsay to Hali thanks KLSA and HCSA!! HCSA has chosen to post the Rail Trail as limited as the amount of recent snow has allowed panning operations and not full scale cutting or grooming operations, this in no way will change the rider experience in our section of trail. Trail was panned yesterday, today, and will get a panning again tonite. We will be expanding as the cold permits,(lots of water holes this way) and hope to be pushing more trails open for the Christmas Holidays. Please be careful to obey speed and stop signs on HCSA trails and have a great ride this weekend! 

Livin' 

IMG_0286.PNG

Looks like the Interactive map is im fact correct.  Yay!!

IMG_0289.PNG

Mgooding, This is an HCSA section. Why are you posting Kawartha stuff here?

• teener unpinned this topic

Archived