Nottawasaga area riding

Spiderman

Hey guys, have a hockey tournament near the end of January in Nottawasaga, of course there will be snow and freezing cold, so on those grounds, would it be worthwhile to bring the sled just to get a little riding in?

Yes you should cause that's 20 minutes from me. Great riding up in the escarpment.

Hey guys, have a hockey tournament near the end of January in Nottawasaga, of course there will be snow and freezing cold, so on those grounds, would it be worthwhile to bring the sled just to get a little riding in?

Of course. What kind of question was that? I wish I owned a sled the times I went to a customer in valor, qc.

Thank you, wasn't sure there was trails around there or not, staying at the red pine inn

Thank you, wasn't sure there was trails around there or not, staying at the red pine inn

Minutes from the trail. Let me know closer to the date. All your games in Alliston?

Minutes from the trail. Let me know closer to the date. All your games in Alliston?

All the games are in Nottawasaga, which I am told is just down the road, coming in early on a Friday, staying through till sunday

All the games are in Nottawasaga, which I am told is just down the road, coming in early on a Friday, staying through till sunday

Yep not far at all. Worth bringing the sled of you have a break in games or the wife doesn't mind you missing one on Saturday lol

Yep not far at all. Worth bringing the sled of you have a break in games or the wife doesn't mind you missing one on Saturday lol

Lol, I am the team trainer, it's my kids team, but any chance I have to ride, I am taking it

Lol, I am the team trainer, it's my kids team, but any chance I have to ride, I am taking it

Well hopefully you can get up north this year to and we can meet up at some point.

The Trail Head is about 1.8 km's north on Sir Frederick Banting Drive which is directly across from the Red Pine. There is gas at the Husky and Pioneer right at the Red Pine. You will have to road run or ditch bang up the road to the trail. Go east to the Innisfil, Lake Simcoe area or West to the Barrie, escarpment area. As long as we have snow trails should be good.

• 3 months later...

Hello all, we are getting closer to our date now, I see some red in that area, but yellow and green to each side, anyone with local info is much appreciated.

thank you

26 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Hello all, we are getting closer to our date now, I see some red in that area, but yellow and green to each side, anyone with local info is much appreciated.

thank you

I was into Alliston before Christmas and things were alright. Obviously we've had a warm up or two and possibly another one on the way. They are getting snow now so fingers crossed. 

Things in the Alliston area have not seen any real significant snow since the last warm up. The Alliston crew have been working hard but mother nature seems to be dancing all around us. Tess and I rode the Shelburne to Owensound run yesterday. Lots of snow. Rode Teviotdale last weekend, lots of snow. Unless we get a lot of snow I would perhaps look to stage at Wasaga Beach Klondike Park for the Barrie Wasaga Collingwood area or run over the Shelburne and do that area. Things are real bare around Everett so I would be sure you have a contingency plan.

Team 2UP DaveTess

Well I just came in from an hour of plowing snow blowing and shoveling here in Everett. Perhaps if this snow holds through the warm spell this week you might get lucky and Alliston will be able to open. Fingers crossed for you.

Archived