Farmers Almanac, Winter forecast 2017.....

Old Sledder

Gents, lets hope this is true......

ANNUAL WEATHER SUMMARY: NOVEMBER 2016 TO OCTOBER 2017

Winter will be colder than normal, with above-normal precipitation and snowfall. The coldest periods will be in early to mid-January, late January, and late February, with the snowiest periods in mid- and late December, early January, and mid-February.

well in Sudbury it always snows and is always cold.

Indian summer is on the way. I think heat is going to hang on, into late fall. I think we are going to have a mild winter, with higher amounts of snow fall in snow belt area's. Have to get out and ride when you can, just like 2012 to 2013 season, when Indian summe lasted until early December.

I think we are going to have a mild winter

now cut that out

now cut that out

That means more snowfall then normal and warmer riding days. It ain't all bad.

Warmer days means no swamps getting to freeze! So in turn most trails wont get to open as much. so yes its a big problem. Bring on the cold temps then the mounds of snow!!! 

That means more snowfall then normal and warmer riding days. It ain't all bad.

Yup, the colder the air the less moisture the air can hold. So limited snow fall..

I can almost guarantee a stellar winter, lots of snow, cold temps, and amazing riding!

How can I guarantee it??

Well my wife is retiring at the end of the year, and has us booked to spend the winter (Jan, Feb, Mar) in Hawaii, so no sledding for the Fish this winter :mad:

However, I did manage to book a week in Revelstoke in late March, on the way back :smil9:

One more thing to check off my bucket list!!

Story on CBC says the almanac could be in the 85% range of being right this year.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/almanac-winter-predictions-1.3745675

Always had a decent riding season the years I bought a new machine so hopefully this Trend will continue

I pay no heed to weather predictions. Blind faith and eternal optimism... Come Fall and I get my sleds and gear ready to a "T" and get permits early. Every year is like a lottery ticket. The big one is just around the corner. And yes, there have been a few disappointments along the way, but I keep coming back all the same. For me, that's what sledding is all about.

Archived