Thinking of going back to SKI DOO....HMMM

SuperG

Thanks for the tip snowchopper! will take a look at it, an dont worry i wont let those bullys scare me ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing but good words to say about my wifes 900 ..   ride is fantastic with r motion and easy to adjust, and with the ts skis, steering effort and bite is super easy to maintain, as per changing snow conditions. all with very little to no darting, and with the stock 4" carbides left on.  " 2000km and checked wear before summerize and had even and little wear all in fairly good snow condition not alot of gravel running.   gas milage is unbeleavable  do the abatibi loop and the low fuel light not on yet.   cold start tested in cochrane -37 not a problem, not that we went riding but just had to try.  and for speed there is lots, start off very smooth, pull is great well kinda unbelievable for a 90hp sled, and have had to 154km on dreamometre. never had any heating up issues and no scratches installed, and cochrane had some poor snow conditions this year reworked over and over snow some days hard as a rock.   as for the selector for the fuel map modes the eco is only good for loading and unloading or pulling into shop put er to the bar and let it crawl along.

very nice sled just my opinion.

Awesome! thanks for the great info in detail! Its always great hearing first hand experiences. 

I rode a 2015 900 GSX for 15 minutes. It was a nice sled, but I kept trying to find the missing hundred horsepower. Probably an excellent choice for every thing except high performance.

I rode a 2015 900 GSX for 15 minutes. It was a nice sled, but I kept trying to find the missing hundred horsepower. Probably an excellent choice for every thing except high performance.

It's funny how things change with the passage of time... I remember when I first got a brand new 1990 Indy 650 triple. It came with a single pipe and was rated at 98 hp. It was the top of the food chain then and I was stepping up from a 63 hp Indy 400, of which I thought was pretty good. A year after and I installed triple pipes which took it up to around 120 hp. I was in heaven ! Now I ride a Turbo Cat and an 800 Indy, both of which put out great power. ( Turbo is insane ) but somehow with regards to the 900 ACE, I just can't slam a machine that puts out over 90 hp - it's plenty of power . Most of us have become "power- addicted."  :)

I agree totally. I have certainly thought about owning a 900 ace, and haven't ruled it out.

I'm on my 2nd 1200 and it's a renegade so 137 track. Honestly can't say enough good things about it. I do a lot of longer trips (3000 miles plus each of the last 3 seasons) and it's unbelievably comfortable and has lots of room for bags etc. With all the adjustability in the suspension and ski's you can have it set perfectly for any condition. It's so noticeable how it handles the bumps that 2 others I ride a lot with have ordered new ones for this season. The 1200 also has lots of torque and fun to ride the different modes. I have never ridden a 900 so I can't compare, but I love Skidoo 4 stroke!

if you do a lot of wide open area and lake running you won't like a 900 ace 85 mph tops?? now trail riding its a pleasure to ride, quiet , smooth, great on fuel, plenty of torque. i'm not sorry for buying one for sure.

if you do a lot of wide open area and lake running you won't like a 900 ace 85 mph tops?? now trail riding its a pleasure to ride, quiet , smooth, great on fuel, plenty of torque. i'm not

sorry for buying one for sure.

Etec's are great too! Lightweight, lots of power, great fuel mileage too, best part is never have to change the oil. Now if I rode 5000 kms a season, I would change my tune. For average rider of 1500 kms a season, etec will last longer then I want to keep the sled.

Yes viper700 but I ride on average 3000kms + a season so for me the ride quality of having the rear air shock plus the added bit better fuel economy as well as NOT having to bring spare oil with me all the time and not getting a 2 stroke smoke headache at the end of a long ride day means more to me. Sure i like pushing down on the loud handle every now and then but to me been there done that and now for me i value more is ride quality and comfort. as well as longevity out of a 4 stroke engine. 

Im a cruiser, i just like the sport getting to point A to point B with good friends along the way. 

Went from a Polaris FST Touring to a GSX 1200. The pull and ride of the 1200 are amazing. I won't lie though, I did have some reliability issues with coils. Riding with others, it is obvious to me how great the air ride is. I adjust for the conditions and they slow down. Ordered a new one for this year, but didn't go with the Enduro, I went with the Grand Touring SE. Basically the same machine, with a lot more accessories for the same price.

Went from a Polaris FST Touring to a GSX 1200. The pull and ride of the 1200 are amazing. I won't lie though, I did have some reliability issues with coils. Riding with others, it is obvious

to me how great the air ride is. I adjust for the

conditions and they slow down. Ordered a new

one for this year, but didn't go with the

, I went with the Grand Touring SE. Basically

the same machine, with a lot more accessories

for the same price.

Excellent choice, when it comes time for trade in grand touring has the highest resale value in skidoo line up.

Yep 1200 doo's are the way to go.. 8-)

No wonder they are out selling Polaris. Can I borrow one for the winter? Lol! I take it no etec 850 for flying Dutch?

Excellent choice, when it comes time for trade in grand touring has the highest resale value in skidoo line up.

How come every sled you have at that moment is the best. You must have a crystal ball(s).

I like reading how great the 1200 reni is ,bought a 16 reni 1200 in the spring.Have never ridden one yet .Cant wait till winter ,getting excited already :icon_hyper:

How come every sled you have at that moment is the best. You must have a crystal ball(s).

I actually don't own a sled at the moment though.

I actually don't own a sled at the moment though.

That's not what it says to the left of your post

That's not what it says to the left of your post

New sled coming not sure what yet though, possibly another grand touring.

Back on topic! Does anyone know if 900 has a tip sensor or any safe guards built in, if sled was tipped over while running? This is only thing that concerns me.

I have to ask why?

Hahahaha! 900's are suppose to be a great engine. Just wondering If you tip these things, will they self destruct?

Archived