More On The Snow

Greggie

D7 and D10 seem opposed but haven't really heard specifics as to why. I guess that will have to wait until people are able to speak to the motion tomorrow.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the primary issue an amalgamated District that is too big or are there other major concerns?

Are both District 7 & 10 opposed to MOTS as presently proposed.

This surprises me because I thought that this was the MOTS Model - Grooming Associations rather than individual Clubs grooming on their own.

Personally I agree with almost all of what is in MOTS including the grooming associations. D7 has had MSR for quite some time. My only real concern is the unwieldy size of a combined D7 & D10 and the ability of one person to oversee something of that scope.

Yeah! What our District President just said!!

Well said, my friend. If you weren't in the room to hear it: "we need to put our egos aside."

One person to oversee an amalgamated district?? There will still be a board and every club will have a seat and a vote...

WOW, some bold statements there clairevoyant etc!  D-10 has had a grooming association for quite some time. All the clubs in the district all get along great, and work well together. the district worked hard last year to iron out the last mots implementations and were ready to start last years mots model. The big problem now is, NOT enough transparency and too much hidden agenda with the upper brass! theyve changed too much now and I personally, do NOT trust them. Combining both big districts into one and expecting one knob to control both and handle both their problems, good luck! I don't care what they change in the model between now and tomorrow, We can not trust them and that is why mots will NOT be voted on by myself.  

Well looking forward to day two of the Paul and Mike show. Hope to see some more fellow ocers out an about! Regardless whether mots passes or not or your for or against it. We are all here to do whats best for OUR area and to represent those views based on our district. All of us here loves sledding with the common goal of laying down the best product possible for our clientele.Lets remember that and try NOT attacking so much other members or their districts. Hope everyone has a great weekend, im off for breaky.  

MOTS passed. Recorded vote 70% in favour.

Good

It's the will of the membership..

Now lets move forward and work together!

Yup, done deal!! those opposed tried to derail the MOTS motion but were thankfully unsuccessful.

Livin'

Thanks Blake for the update.

70% in favour is pretty substantial majority, better that than a bare majority.

Any word on Online Trail Permit Service Provider Agreement for this season.

Just confirmed that online system is ready. Final testing in progress.

Big Pete made 4 motions increasing transparency to board decisions and all passed!

Great work BP.

Thank you to Blake G and Sledjunk for your support. It was great to meet you both in person and put a face to a name.

While I did not support the MOTS motion I am hoping the new rules on transparency and openness will allow us to deal with the inevitable problems that are going to arise as we transition into the new paradigm.

Still think there are better alternatives to this proposal but our job now is to make sure MOTS is the best it can be. Lots of tough questions still to be asked and tough decisions to be made. With the new rules on transparency and disclosure hopefully that task will be easier. First test will be the Nov BoG meeting where the groomer acquisition and district/club assignments will be decided.

Great to see and hear of so many from OC are at the AGM. I look forward to introducing myself to those I've not yet met. James

So was all that yummy beef supplied by our OFA friend? That fella was a hoot. "Boil your bumper". Priceless. 

The beef was indeed yummy

However the $8.25 beers were tough to swallow!! LOL

Bigfish I missed you at the AGM.

Hung out a bit with Sledjunk & Nutter and an other non OCer who drank all my scotch!!

And for supper tonight........Steak

Meat balls and...............butter tarts!!!

The beef was indeed yummy

However the $8.25 beers were tough to swallow!! LOL

Was there live entertainment?

Archived