Bad accident South of Powassan

Muldar

After another great weekend of sledding in Cochrane, we saw an ambulance lights flashing half blocking South bound highway 11 just south of Powwason. When I slowed down I could see a sled on its side North bound on the west side of the road. The paramedics looked to be working on some one franticly. I was just wondering if any one new anymore about this accident? Sad end to a great weekend.

Scary thought!  Here's hoping for the best!

Nothing reported to the club or district as of Monday

I rode to Powassan on saturday and by the time i got there i saw 4 corners blown by guys. On the ride home later in the afternoon there was a good dozen corners blown. Trails were pretty rough so it was hard to believe that i saw that many blown corners. 

When I was on my way up to Port Loring last month I had seen sled tracks in between the north and south bound lanes of Hwy 11 at some points. I think it was around port Sydney area. What would make someone want to do that besides lots of untouched snow??....and large buried boulders.

When I was on my way up to Port Loring last month I had seen sled tracks in between the north and south bound lanes of Hwy 11 at some points. I think it was around port Sydney area. What would make someone want to do that besides lots of untouched snow??....and large buried boulders.

Saw a group of guys on sunday near the cutoff for Emsdale blasting the untouched snow in the highway 11 center median. Don't know how legal that is. Does anyone know? 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how legal that is. Does anyone know?

About as legal as riding on a runway .....

About as legal as riding on a runway .....

You CAN'T do that? Damn

You CAN'T do that? Damn

It's ok, unless a plane is trying to land on it.

Archived