Baysville trail closure

Redfire427

I wondered if anyone knows anything about the trail closure on the D102B on the east side of Baysville where the trail crosses 117 and heads south. I rode out this way on Saturday and there were trail closure signs and posts everywhere. The Interactive trail guide showed it was green and was updated the day before. Our group stopped and talked to another group who had the same question. To prevent any issues, we turned around and headed toward Dwight.

Does anybody know if this was just a temporary closure, or will it be closed again this coming weekend? ITG still shows it as open.

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

This was posted to the Happy Wanderers facebook page.

Not much for details, one can only assume it could be a land use issue. You did the right thing and turned around.

They do have an alternate in place as said in the post below...

"Important information !

A portion of trail D102B has been closed just east of town.

Watch for signs and follow by-pass Echo Lake Rd (mr 51) to trail.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope a solution can

be made made as soon as possible."

I wondered if anyone knows anything about the trail closure on the D102B on the east side of Baysville where the trail crosses 117 and heads south. I rode out this way on Saturday and there were trail closure signs and posts everywhere. The Interactive trail guide showed it was green and was updated the day before. Our group stopped and talked to another group who had the same question. To prevent any issues, we turned around and headed toward Dwight.

Does anybody know if this was just a temporary closure, or will it be closed again this coming weekend? ITG still shows it as open.

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

Yikes just ride down echo lake for 50m and your past it

OK, great. Thanks for the info. I just found it odd that it was posted as open, yet, it was very much closed.

Perhaps I'll give it another go this weekend.

Happy trails.

Do you just need to drive 50m down Echo Lake road? I came from Dorset and we drove about a KM down echo lake road on Saturday. I could just feel the carbines on my skis wearing away.

Yikes just ride down echo lake for 50m and your past it

Looking at the ITG, it appears you would have to travel about 3 to 4 km down Echo Lake road to meet up with the trail again. I don't know the area well, so perhaps what you are suggesting is a re-route that has been put in place by the club. If this is the case, I'm not sure why the club didn't put in any signage to show the reroute, but rather just a bunch of yellow tape and poles.

Its posted open because the trail is open, with a reroute.It is very likely the reroute has a closer access point than what you are seeing on the ITG....

Perhaps when you were passing by the club had not yet put up the signage for reroute, acting on the trail closure issue first!.

That would make sense. Thanks for the help. I love that trail going south out of Baysville.

Yea going into baysville you have to run the road for about 4 km. We did it last weekend.

Archived