New trailer?

Baylaker

I'm looking to buy a new enclosed trailer, I've seen a few deals around right now but not sure if they are really deals or not. $4600 for an 11' clam triton 2016 model. It's fully loaded with clamps, track mats, ski glides etc. Is this a good deal? Or should I wait until the sled show in the fall? I've heard there's not the greatest deals at the show, but if I can get one for the same price as right now I'll just wait until the show and bank some more money in the meantime. Never been to the show either...

Need some opinions on pricing and when is the best time to buy. I will be buying a triton clam Forsure. I'd like to get the rear ramp hybrid but even $4600 is high for me. Those hybrids are 5500-7000. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you happen to check out Sauders trailers in St Jacobs ? Bought my lightning hybrid there about 4 years ago and it's been a great trailer. Came loaded with traction matts and ski guides

No, not looking for a hybrid. More money I don't want to spend

Ya they are anywhere from 5500-7000

If you look around you can find a hybrid for around that price. I bought my 11' triton hybrid for $4800 (used).

I would look for a disgruntled "no snow season" seller who is selling a gently used hybrid for the same money as the new clam shell. Once you've had the hybrid you'll never go back.

Got a new Triton 2016 clamshell for 3500 all ready to go. No more of those left. So far the clamshell hasn't been a pain at all.

Got a new Triton 2016 clamshell for 3500 all ready to go. No more of those left. So far the clamshell hasn't been a pain at all.

Wher the heck did ya score that deal?

I would look for a disgruntled "no snow season" seller who is selling a gently used hybrid for the same money as the new clam shell. Once you've had the hybrid you'll never go back.

Believe me I really do want a hybrid but I'm not seeing anything used for sale other than brand new right now.

Did you happen to check out Sauders trailers in St Jacobs ? Bought my lightning hybrid there about 4 years ago and it's been a great trailer. Came loaded with traction matts and ski guides

how much has the price gone up?

how much has the price gone up?

Looks like the lightening I bought 4 yrs ago is now 6 grand. I paid 4700,it was discounted can't remember from what price. Bought it in April of that year

Triton trailers you pay for the name only but a very nice trailer. I bought one this year

I would get the rear ramp door but not triton. Triton rear door are $2000 more

Look at Avalanche aluminum trailer Pace aluminum

If you really want a hybrid, wait it out one will come up before next season. That rear ramp/door is worth it. Sleds load/unload in 2 minutes with no road dirt or salt on them.

I bought a triton clam shell at the show. I believe i paid $5600 out the door. Oh its a high boy aswell. With the way the dollar is. You might end up paying more.

Looks like the lightening I bought 4 yrs ago is now 6 grand. I paid 4700,it was discounted can't remember from what price. Bought it in April of that year

Yes they are $5500-7000 now depending on where ya get it.

I bought a triton clam shell at the show. I believe i paid $5600 out the door. Oh its a high boy aswell. With the way the dollar is. You might end up paying more.

I can buy a brand new 2016 triton clam fully loaded for $4600+tax. Just not sure if I can get a better deal at the show or not...

I can buy a brand new 2016 triton clam fully loaded for $4600+tax. Just not sure if I can get a better deal at the show or not...

That will depend on the dollar . Personally I do not see prices going down 

Triton trailers you pay for the name only but a very nice trailer. I bought one this year

I would get the rear ramp door but not triton. Triton rear door are $2000 more

Look at Avalanche aluminum trailer Pace aluminum

Lightning Hybrid are about 6K vs Triton 6800.  I just went through it and decided to go with the Triton.  The difference amortized over 20 years was not worth it.

Looked at the tilt version and 4600 was the best I could find but I definitely wanted the hybrid with ramp.

The CAD is not helping with prices and I do not see that changing for some time.

Triton I believe is made in the U.S. As well as a lot of the other brands. What are the prices like on some of the Canadian made trailers. Miska has a 12 ft hybrid.

Triton I believe is made in the U.S. As well as a lot of the other brands. What are the prices like on some of the Canadian made trailers. Miska has a 12 ft hybrid.

Miska is likely the same as Triton, even more.  They start at 6600 with little options.  They might save on labour, but material cost is likely higher than USA companies.

I own a Miska utility trailer (non aluminum) and it has been a solid top notch trailer.

Miska is a great trailer, but more than I wana spend.

I spoke with the lady last week about the 11' foot clam triton for $4600 fully loaded. They have a few left, but interest rates are like 13%!!!

I think I've seen too many "pucker moments" with clamshell loadings to ever consider owning one. Maybe if they came with a pair of winches, and never had to be opened up in a windy spot...

I helped a guy who was out with his wife and daughter load a pair of touring sleds yesterday, he had a cut down skid ratchet straped to the back of the trailer to provide grip on the ice, and even with that, he had to get up in the trailer to yank/align the skis, me working the throttle and brake, she was trying to steady the top in a 30k + wind.

Very nice way to end the day.

Not.

My cargo trailer with the accordian folding ramp works fine, when the snowtrackers don't hang up on the transition between ramp and trailer. I tried the supplied ratchet strap to attach the ramp to the trailer once.

Once.

Then I drilled through the ramp and trailer floor and dropped long U bolts through to secure it.

No nuts required, just drop them in.

Next (2 sled) trailer will either be a hybrid, or preferably a drive in drive out tandem.

Kicking myself for not getting the nice tandem that was here earlier... Wasn't there yet with 2nd sledder, or tow vehicle.

There is a place in St Jacobs, King St N at Sawmill. they manufacture their own enclosed. Rainbow Mfg.519-664-2297. I priced last year and they were reasonable. 

Archived