Zrtkat & Crew made it too Sault ste Marie

zrtkat

Hello everyone we made it today ,2000 miles made it safely,not too many mechanical problems,it was a great trip better than I expected with the crazy weather this winter has given us.

We left Wawa at 8:00 am warm outside close to 30 degrees,trails where still in great shape coming from Wawa heading to halfway haven we where riding the powerline and out of the corner of my eye I see something brown about 30 yards in front I look a huge Bull Moose jumped on to trail in front of me he still had his rack on just kicking snow everwhere it was quite a sight to see the power in that animal busting thru the heavy snow.

all We have is the memory,after that we where off to halfway haven ,got gas a quick lunch we where off nice owner there he called ahead for us to tell Carl about the gas we need,made it too the driftwood carl had gas waiting for us enough for us to make it back to the soo.

(Sorry Denis I tried to get a picture but he was too fast )

the temps where really warm in the soo snow melting fast,trails had snirt in them ,I do not see them lasting long down here with the warm weather

Scott (AC+YA) I took some pictures for u to show you condition of the road to trail,we had no problem to Carls so you should be good to go

we had a hell of a time getting back to the soo with bare roads,last time I am parking here weather too unpredictable.

Well last  report tonight someone else will have to take over (White Dragon) your up next. we had a great time as always enjoyed our vacation it is always fun to keep in contac with members on this forum ,hope you enjoyed the reports until next year we will be back

Thanks for all the hospitality we get here in Ontario

Greg

Gary

Scott

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20001_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20015_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20012_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20011_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20006_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20017_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20016_zp

Wawa%20to%20Sault%20ste%20Marie%20018_zp

thanks for taking the time for the report and pics. appreciate all you and the boys do for us, that cant be there with you. you make us look forward to the nightly updates. thank you again, some day I hope to be able to meet you face to face and shake all of your hands. keep an eye on that storm. drive safe home, give us an update so we know our friends are safe. Ski

Those moose are big but man they sure can move in the snow!! At least a grouse was nice enough to pose for you ... I saw one on a test ride yesterday ... should have taken his picture.

Glad to see you made it to the trucks, drive safe and see you next year!!!

Thanks for the pics and info.

Glad you made it back to the trailer.

Maybe next year we can join you again.

Always nice to see you guys.

Be safe.

Scott and Paige

Greg, always enjoy your reports. Have a safe drive home & watch out for the idgits.

thanks for taking the time for the report and pics. appreciate all you and the boys do for us, that cant be there with you. you make us look forward to the nightly updates. thank you again, some day I hope to be able to meet you face to face and shake all of your hands. keep an eye on that storm. drive safe home, give us an update so we know our friends are safe. Ski

thanks Ski

hope to meet you one day also thanks for the up-date on the storm

Greg

Gary

Scott

Thanks for the pics and info.

Glad you made it back to the trailer.

Maybe next year we can join you again.

Always nice to see you guys.

Be safe.

Scott and Paige

You bet scott enjoy your weekend riding

maybe next year we can ride with you and Paige again

Greg

Gary

Scott

Glad you guys enjoyed the nightly reports :D

Greg... be careful, it might not look bad on tv or the radar, high winds behind the storm, plus the snow on the roads, drifting ect... remember, that trailer is a big sail back there. be careful, wishing you guys safe travels, what ever you guys decide. Ski

Glad you guys enjoyed the nightly reports :D

Thanks for the posts!

In reviewing some of the images, I couldn't help but think that ..... Canadian border guards need a pay increase.

:-P

Ski we made it through, in Toledo now. Just wet roads down here. 3 more hours to go.

AWESOME, I was wondering and worrying about you guys today. it was a lot better down here by 1-200pm on the main roads/highways. Ski

Thanks for the posts!

In reviewing some of the images, I couldn't help but think that ..... Canadian border guards need a pay increase.

:-P

HAHA thats for sure Canuck

happy you enjoyed the post home now in ohio trying to wind down from the road trip

Greg

Awsome guys. Loved reading about your trip. Where did you start from in the Soo. We are going to be staying at the Algoma's Watertower inn. I'm hoping the ride in to town isn't going to  be too dry.

. We are going to be staying at the Algoma's Watertower inn. I'm hoping the ride in to town isn't going to  be too dry.

I spoke to the front desk at Water Tower Inn . They said due to construction of a school nearby, trail to them is closed. Something about other new construction in the area as well. I read about it on this forum and elsewhere.

We're staying out of town. Driftwood Chalets.

Maybe Dan Senor or others can advise re: issues you may face, Reved.

Awsome guys. Loved reading about your trip. Where did you start from in the Soo. We are going to be staying at the Algoma's Watertower inn. I'm hoping the ride in to town isn't going to  be too dry.

Reved

We stayed at the ambassador Motel trail runs directly behind hotel,motel had nice rooms nice owners we left our truck for 9 days,I was told like Canuck said construction,and a new school built cannot get to trail,hopefully they get snow this weekend because the trails around there where thin and showing dirt.

zrtkat

When we did the ACR trip to Hearst, they had no problem w/ us leaving the truck & trailer. left the keys w/ the owner in case they had to move it for plowing purposes.

2000 miles, you guys are some crazy snowmobile junkies. we did an 1100 mile loop out of North Bay in 5 days and I was shot. Next year I promise to start working out.  :Drinking2:

2000 miles, you guys are some crazy snowmobile junkies. we did an 1100 mile loop out of North Bay in 5 days and I was shot. Next year I promise to start working out.  :Drinking2:

maddmaxx

when we got to our truck we where happy to see it LOL. the way your group rides you would have no problem in doing that many miles.

Greg

Archived