snowmobiling Kearney north this week

Muskoka cat guy

my son and I are snowmobiling this week Wednesday Thursday Friday

Just seeing if anyone wants to tag along 100 Mile day

Unloaded at 1030 this morning at the Visitors' Centre near Emsdale. Ten other trucks or truck-trailer units already in the lot.

Headed east on D. The trail had been recently groomed (overnight). A few large smooth moguls that are likely impossible to remove. 8 out of 10. Passed two OPP sleds in Kearney. Was heading to Edgewater to meet OntarioF7, so I continued east then north on D into ADSC territory. Here the trail badly needed grooming, 4 out of 10, so I turned around and retraced my track back to Kearney. (Passed the intersection of D101B, which looked good.)

Crossed Hassard Lake and sledded through Rickward's Polaris property and then north on 302 and 303 to Edgewater. This trail was freshly groomed, 8 out of 10. Crossed Sand Lake, covered in frozen slush from the weekend. Had a nice bowl of curry soup with OntarioF7, and said hello to Martin. OF7 and I retraced back to Kearney, then west on D. Saw groomer heading west between Highway 11 and Sprucedale. Trail was good past Sprucedale. 8 out of 10. Needed to be careful though, with occasional whoopsie moguls that could cause a problem if someone were traveling too fast.

Hre's the man himself, OntarioF7, topping up in Sprucedale.

post-22473-0-94781000-1456182497_thumb.jpg

We proceeded into South Seguin territory, and the frequency of moguls increased. Can't imagine these whoops can actually be totally removed by a groomer at this point. Trail still pretty good, and well worth riding, we just had to slow down a little. 6 out of 10. Turned around and retraced back to the Visitors' Centre.

Overall I was a little surprised the trails were so good after the weekend weather and traffic. 100 miles of mid-winter fun.

Thank you so much to Highland Rovers, South Seguin, and ADSC clubs.

Unloaded at 1030 this morning at the Visitors' Centre near Emsdale. Ten other trucks or truck-trailer units already in the lot.

Headed east on D. The trail had been recently groomed (overnight). A few large smooth moguls that are likely impossible to remove. 8 out of 10. Passed two OPP sleds in Kearney. Was heading to Edgewater to meet OntarioF7, so I continued east then north on D into ADSC territory. Here the trail badly needed grooming, 4 out of 10, so I turned around and retraced my track back to Kearney. (Passed the intersection of D101B, which looked good.)

Crossed Hassard Lake and sledded through Rickward's Polaris property and then north on 302 and 303 to Edgewater. This trail was freshly groomed, 8 out of 10. Crossed Sand Lake, covered in frozen slush from the weekend. Had a nice bowl of curry soup with OntarioF7, and said hello to Martin. OF7 and I retraced back to Kearney, then west on D. Saw groomer heading west between Highway 11 and Sprucedale. Trail was good past Sprucedale. 8 out of 10. Needed to be careful though, with occasional whoopsie moguls that could cause a problem if someone were traveling too fast.

Hre's the man himself, OntarioF7, topping up in Sprucedale.

attachicon.gif2016-02-22 18.12.19.jpg

We proceeded into South Seguin territory, and the frequency of moguls increased. Can't imagine these whoops can actually be totally removed by a groomer at this point. Trail still pretty good, and well worth riding, we just had to slow down a little. 6 out of 10. Turned around and retraced back to the Visitors' Centre.

Overall I was a little surprised the trails were so good after the weekend weather and traffic. 100 miles of mid-winter fun.

Thank you so much to Highland Rovers, South Seguin, and ADSC clubs.

Seguin aggressively groomed last night hwy 400 to sprucedale 

That's great, Wildbill. We all appreciate the tremendous effort!

excellent report blake,glad you had a good ride with of7

lets bring the snow 35cms Wed-Thurs and weekend snow as well wow!

It's not that we won't have a winter. The snow is just going to be late. Ride real late in the year and spring doesn't start until June?

Hi Blake. Back home. Thanks for navigating me back to Edgewater; three rights ;) Trails where fantastic on the entire route. I had a somewhat quiet dinner at Edgewater, the meals were excellent.  However, I had to return to the reality of work this morning.  Dropped my sled off at the dealer on route home for its very long waited first service. On to the next destination.....

Great report Blake. Last time I saw kirk gas bar that melted was in a late March ride

I ride out of Pickerel Lake all season, Edgewater is first class and food is amazing. Whole area is pretty amazing to ride in. Meet some great folks on the trails also.

Archived