Friday day ride out of mactier!!!

Baylaker

Oh come on, the snow is on the line not your health! All kidding aside, I had I feeling that was the case.

I'm thinking the parking is beside the home hardware in that empty lot in mactier, but not sure if there's any closer parking available...

Not sure where you would park in MacTier. A little closer to Parry Sound on Lake Joseph Road is Memories of Muskoka. The trail runs across the bottom end of their parking lot. as usual always ask them though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but an even bigger better lot with lots of parking is the lighthouse restaurant just down from memories half a kilometre. BlakeG parked there with no issues. You just cross lake Joseph Rd an your on the C.

Ok thanks guys....so it is ok to park in that parking lot beside home hardware? I'd like to travel up the C trail out of mactier.

Yes your good to park there.

Another spot is H&H Resort just outside of MacTier right on the C trail. I'm not sure what the signage is like in MacTier this year but last year it was less than stellar. It was easy to get turned around in town and we met a number of people that were "lost" trying to navigate "in town" during the poker run. You come to what looks like an intersection without any signage only to find that what looks like a trail actually runs to somebodies house or a road in town where locals use it as a route to get to the trail. Last year they had small little 8.5X11 printed pages on the trail saying you are here but it wasn't comprehensive it was a small snipit of the trail and didn't show where it ran or connected to. Not trying to really knock the volunteers. There is always something that can be better in any club. On the positive side their trail conditions at the time were outstanding.  H&H has lots of parking, gas and a restaurant.

post-23488-0-95621200-1456449306_thumb.jpg

Well, what do you think. 199km day? You'll know the area a lot better than I will. But we'll go over it at wild bills. I'm all loaded up and ready to go. Should meet you at wildbills for around 8:30-9am.

post-23488-0-48997000-1456449893_thumb.jpg

Better picture

I'll be riding out of horseshoe lake tomorrow I'm on a red and black Polaris and I'll be with a bunch of Doos

Yes I made up a similar loop. I just added a lil bit of the 805 to go up to pikes peak... An on way back around added I added the 401 to 408 to 404/402. My buddy would like to go as well but is done work at 930 an can meet us at timmies is that ok ? An AG your welcome to join in to is ok with me..

Yup that's fine with me. Like I said, you know the area better than I do. And yes Adam your more than welcome to join.

K sounds good. Or do you wanna meet at memories for breakfast first ? They make a great crabby benny!

Any gas stations on that run, aside from the Petrocan at 400 / Seguin?

Yup there's gas in magnetawan, dunchurch, ardbeg. An esso in Nobel just north of parry sound off trail 402 I believe.

Yes I made up a similar loop. I just added a lil bit of the 805 to go up to pikes peak... An on way back around added I added the 401 to 408 to 404/402. My buddy would like to go as well but is done work at 930 an can meet us at timmies is that ok ? An AG your welcome to join in to is ok with me..

As reported on interactive map, Dunahmic 805 is closed - no access to Pike's Peak. (although admittedly not sure what you had in mind)

As reported on interactive map, Dunahmic 805 is closed - no access to Pike's Peak. (although admittedly not sure what you had in mind)

It is to my knowledge crown land . If an OFSC trail is decommissioned it cannot be closed 

SuperG and Baylaker, I might be able to join you for at least part of today's trip.

What time are you planning to depart from the Timmies? Will you be riding the route clockwise or counterclockwise?

Not 100% know for sure, im waiting to hear back from BL to know for sure. I know my buddy is working but said hed be at the timmies for around 1015ish. 

Sorry guys, superg are you still able to meet at wildbills and then go to tummies?

Yes but will be closer to meet around 930 is that still good with you or ?

Bill which direction would you head today for the nicest ride.

With last nights wind there will be snow drifts on the Seguin we cannot get a groomer on it until this afternoon . Most of the way into town was groomed on our end ( the tucker will not do two hills in the final little bit) Carling came into town. I think that the 400 loops are likely ok . There will be a groomer working on the Mountain trail today so please steer clear of that so that he can get that open without incident . 

Yup I'm running a little behind anyways. Just passing through coldwater now. Should be right on time for 9:30

Ok sounds good, take your time be safe, my buddy should be at the timmies for around 1030 if that is good for you to meet up with them? ill meet you still around 930 at bills. 

Archived