Zrtkat &Crew in New Liskeard

zrtkat

Good eve from new liskeard a little warm out there tonight going to cool down tonight and be cooler tommorrow ,we woke up this Morning to 8 inches of snow in Val Dor , rode in light snow all day in quebec. lots of sled traffic today , Lakes are soft in Quebec also ,scared me tonight ,trails where a little rough today but I expected that with the fresh snowfall last night.

276 miles today not too bad of a day, trail from Quebec to new liskeard is not marked very well but we got thru from memory of last year, we are heading to Cochrane tomorrow morning, I see that part of the trail is Limited will see what we get into, going to get a good nights sleep tonight and deal with it tomorrow.

snowstorm%20001_zpsabmgm2di.jpg

Val-dor%20to%20new%20liskeard%20004_zps4

Val-dor%20to%20new%20liskeard%20001_zpsy

Val-dor%20to%20new%20liskeard%20002_zpsp

Val-dor%20to%20new%20liskeard%20003_zps8

Val-dor%20to%20new%20liskeard%20005_zpsm

"A" trail from Kenogami up to Matheson and A108 north out of KL were groomed in the last two days.  We didn't get much rain but it got warm, up around freezing, probably same as Val D'Or.  I think they are calling for -16C tomorrow, enjoy your trip through KL area, A108 south of KL is usually rougher than coming up the A trail through Elk Lake.  I heard Elk Lake gas station is closed so hit MacPhearson's Esso just 2km north of A trail and A110Q intersection west of KL if you don't go into KL.  You probably already know Butler Lake truck stop is closed so next gas is in Matheson.

"A" trail from Kenogami up to Matheson and A108 north out of KL were groomed in the last two days.  We didn't get much rain but it got warm, up around freezing, probably same as Val D'Or.  I think they are calling for -16C tomorrow, enjoy your trip through KL area, A108 south of KL is usually rougher than coming up the A trail through Elk Lake.  I heard Elk Lake gas station is closed so hit MacPhearson's Esso just 2km north of A trail and A110Q intersection west of KL if you don't go into KL.  You probably already know Butler Lake truck stop is closed so next gas is in Matheson.

Thanks Ultrafrozen for the info 

Greg

fresh snow always helps,nice riding when its warmer anyways.great report & pics/vid.

Can you get confirmation of that/ I'm working on the GPS waypoints file. I guess I could put a "?" for the icon.

Can you get confirmation of that/ I'm working on the GPS waypoints file. I guess I could put a "?" for the icon.

There is a station off A107C on hwy 560 just before  hwy 65.  North Route Fuels. Was open last tuesday. 

There is a station off A107C on hwy 560 just before hwy 65. North Route Fuels. Was open last tuesday.

Unmanned kiosk style, open 24/7 accepts credit and debit I'm told. Diesel and regular gas only. Heather at Eco Resource Center mentioned that you can see the pumps from where the A107C goes behind the Moose Horn Motel. Lights up like a UFO crash site at night.

Eco has premium gas when staff is there, didn't get an answer as to when that is exactly.

Unmanned kiosk style, open 24/7 accepts credit and debit I'm told. Diesel and regular gas only. Heather at Eco Resource Center mentioned that you can see the pumps from where the A107C goes behind the Moose Horn Motel. Lights up like a UFO crash site at night.

Eco has premium gas when staff is there, didn't get an answer as to when that is exactly.

Yep that's it. Yes only regular fuel. Easy to spot from the trail. Somewhat simple. Follow the instructions and remember to read through the safety procedures and your good.

Is it between the motel & the river (trying to get a GPS waypoint) The sandwich board in front mentions a boat launch.

post-19781-0-39615800-1456158782_thumb.jpg

Archived