Kirkland Lake to Timmins

jonstep

Hoping to find out some trail status info for Friday March 4th. Heading in the am from Kirkland Lake to Timmins that day but want to make it a full day ride. Could anyone on here give me an idea if the C trail or L143 has any likelihood of being ready to go by that time? (I realize this year has been super uncooperative weather wise and my hat goes off to everyone involved in trail prep this year, and every year for that matter) It's been years since I've done that ride. Last year we were hoping but it wasn't in the cards unfortunately so we just added distance by riding south on the A to Earlton then doubled back to KL on the A108. It was a decent ride but it would be great to not have to double back

Any info is greatly appreciated thank you

:wavey: Welcome to OC

All I can help with is the northern routes out of KL, both A108 and A trail up to Matheson were groomed in the last two days.  You could go up to Cochrane then over to Timmins.  Add the Fraserdale/ Abitibi Canyon loop if you need to add that many kilometers.

Thanks for the info. We do that on the way back on Sunday so we'd like to head west if at all possible. The info regarding grooming towards Matheson is helpful though, since I assume it should change to green on OFSC site then

See here for info:

https://www.facebook.com/gemtrailblazers/posts/1667715760145943?fref=nf

If not on Facebook then:

12096146_1629966653920854_87740138441228

Hello Avid Sledders,

We have been receiving many phone calls in regards to the L143 and would like to let everyone know the status.

THE TRAIL IS NOT OPEN AND NOT PASSABLE

Our section (the bottom half):

1. It has been packed with a packing bar (behind the Husky)
2. It has been lightly brushed. (on the bottom)
3. It needs more brushing. (in the middle)
4. It needs to be groomed.
5. It needs to be signed.

All of this mentioned above, has so far, been put on a handful of volunteers and since this past Thursday, down to one. This one volunteer is also running a business that caters to snowmobilers.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated.

Thank you!

Archived