Zrtkat and Crew -Local Loop

zrtkat

Good Evening from Val-Dor we did a local loop today short day today 150 miles but that was okay with me we needed a break today, nice day for riding awesome trails hardly no traffic on trails seen maybe 5 sleds all day we headed to a Indian reservation for lunch and return back to hotel. Well we arrived at the place the crew did not want to go inside I talked them into going in .

We go inside a few tables ,as soon as we sat down they started bringing us food I SAID TO THE CREW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON . Well Zrtkat was hungry so we all starting eating ,soup was good the other dish do not even know what the hell we ate , we finished i said lets get moving on ,we headed back light snow started falling really a nice day for riding , hilly scenery ,perfectly groomed trails so it was enjoyable.

We are all ready to go in morning heading to New Liskeard have reservations at the econo lodge saturday night,worried about the crazy weather over there does not look too bad in that area ,(anyone from that area up-date me on the weather so zrtkat can relax tonight and not worry about the weather.

We are heading to cochrane for sunday night so we should be okay there .

Only a few pica today the crew is camera shy LOL.

Val-Dor%20-local%20004_zpshcoy2end.jpg

Val-Dor%20-local%20002_zpsytnskkvx.jpg

Val-Dor%20-local%20001_zpsdu5nm0u0.jpg

Nice scenery ... every time we ride through that kind of bush I stand up and look for moose lol.!! Someday I'll get my wish and it'll be standing in the middle of the trail ...

Have fun!!!!!

Nice scenery ... every time we ride through that kind of bush I stand up and look for moose lol.!! Someday I'll get my wish and it'll be standing in the middle of the trail ...

Have fun!!!!!

It will be on your way home and it will stand in the middle of trail and won't move. Happened to me once in 15 years on east side of alquinquin park. Thought I would never get thru, was only about 20 mins from hotel.

It will be on your way home and it will stand in the middle of trail and won't move. Happened to me once in 15 years on east side of alquinquin park. Thought I would never get thru, was only about 20 mins from hotel.

Reroute ... lol.!!!

Have fun!!!!!

On sleds - I've seen moose, wolves, fox, Snowy Owl, otter, and ???

Have (and prolly posted) pics of most of them.

Heck - I even ran accrost 2 moose in Colorado last week.

In summer - on ATV's we almost ran into a cow and calf moose (quite literally) That was WAY too close for comfort! Seen plenty of nice bushy fox's. 

Seen oodles of bears, but the one that I didn't see was the one that walked right accrost the trail right behind me, and my chum behind me almost hit it.

He was a mess the rest of that trip! 

Now - the scariest (?) thing I ever seen on the trails over the years is trappers. Big, ugly, outcasts from society, and when they open up their gear to show you their martin bait, you know you just ran into the smelliest thing known to mankind.  ;)

nice pics greg,hope u went &  had a drink for us in valdor

Have fun!!!!!

LOL

Our second year up north (left NB up to Hearst, Hornepayne, Chapleau) every time we came to a clear cut the leader (from Uxbridge) had to slow down to look for mose. Never saw 1 until just after leaving Coniston there was a cow standing on the trail pretty much in someone's back yard.

nice pics greg,hope u went &  had a drink for us in valdor

glenn

They where looking for Bill and you at the local establishment  ;)

it snowed so hard last night at val-dor it knocked the electric out at the hotel.

8 Inches of snow overnight.

Greg

Archived