Sportsmans lodge!

Baylaker

My buddy and managed to put on about 750kms in Sudbury over the past few days. Finally got my sled broken in. Day one we did the wolf loop, trails could've been in better shape. I thought forsure they would've been table top. But still ok I guess, it was good to have some rough chop to see what the viper could do and it performed really well! Day 2 we did the moose loop. Again, trails were ok. Yesterday we just rode around for a bit and managed to put on around 150km or so.

The lodge itself was pretty cool, way better than staying at any hotel/motel. Rooms were pretty tight, but really cool! Who needs a tv anyways. Just a place to lay your head and get up and go!

I wish breakfast was served a little earlier. I'm used to getting up and going for around 7am when the trails are usually in way better shape. 8:30am is a little late for me and probably explains why the trails were in the conditions they were. But again, not bad considering the later starts. Good service and friendly people!

My buddy made a joke about my viper not starting and his doo firing right up. We'll guess what? Viper started, but it took a while. And his doo who ups hardly turn over! Hahaha! Thanks to gr8toy and his buddies (the Frenchman) we managed to start it up. They stuck around and cut into their own riding time for us! Even offered us a spare sled they weren't using! Many thanks and very much appreciated guys! Hopefully we'll be able to meet again for a ride together next time.

We saw a moose on the last day! Man those things are huge!!! I came around a corner and it was right there. Started running away from me into the bush. Good thing they got long legs otherwise they wouldn't be going too far in that snow!

Didn't really stop for many pictures, we did get a few though.

Thanks for the report. Too bad the trails weren't better for you. We were told that its a 36hr run to groom the Wolf Loop.

post-23488-0-87856300-1455891567_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-90230200-1455891583_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-23508100-1455891616_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-55100800-1455891642_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-99071200-1455891657_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-79516100-1455891672_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-96040100-1455891690_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-37392500-1455891857_thumb.jpgpost-23488-0-00179000-1455891873_thumb.jpg

Fourth picture is my favorite one! Lol

Ya I don't doubt it. We saw lots of groomers out so it's not like they weren't grooming it. One groomer spit a track just north of windy lake restaurant. It's was definitely a combination of later morning starts and probably some heavy traffic on family day weekend they were still trying to clean up from. I definitely wasn't disappointed, because there was some really nice sections and other sections were a little rougher but it was ok because I wanted to see what the viper was capable of. And I'm very impressed with it!

Geat pictures Baylaker. Thanks for posting them.

Nice pics!!glad you are enjoying your new sled,

Thanks guys! The sled is awesome, but I definitely need to do a bit of tweaking and then it should be really good!

Being from Sudbury and Sportsman's in in my clubs area (NBSS) and me being involved up to my peanuts in the club.

Thanks for your comments, and yes the sportsman's is a cool place, George is a great host.

Please take the following comments with a grin as they are intended PLEASE !!

All you guys from the south are ruining our trails for the locals to ride on !!

We groom almost nonstop and the trails are still bumpy !!

Please GO BACK HOME so the trails we worked so hard to get open can be enjoyed by us and only us !!!!

I'm sorry mother nature has been a witch to your guys but hey, that's not our problem now is it !!!

All kidding aside I'm glad you had a good time while up here and welcome you back anytime you want to come up.

Hahaha! Ya it's pretty bad down here and it's been pissin rain all night so keep those groomers goin!

+1 and a little rain here, trail will hold up fine.

A few of us coming up from the south on Monday. We are hoping to do the loops plus more. Hopefully the trails get a bit of a break from Mother Nature and survive nicely

we did't loose much snow, If anything this will help pack them

We lost everything but a couple small piles...

Archived