Zrtkat in Temiscaming Quebec

zrtkat

We made it ,very trying day trails in Espanol where great Sudbury they where great ,Field Ontario very rough, did see a groomer as we where leaving town though,we arrived at 10:30 pm tonight , what a long day.told the crew never again will we take on so much mileage in 2 days we had another 285 mile day , tommorrow we are heading to Val-Dor so it shoud be a easier and more enjoyable day,

Zrtkat and crew will never be on the A102Q again We where warned but we had no choice to take the trail I was barely hanging on to the handlebars when we got here,very hard to Navigate in Temiscaming to hotel ,our sleds overheated trail ends at road and you have to take a guess which way to go I stopped a guy on the road and he helped us get to our hotel the Temrose.

I go inside to get our room the lady says I booked 2 rooms WHAT when I called she said she has 2 suites left I said 1 room and a Rollaway she says no rollaway ,so I said ok one room a suite probably has a couch one of us can sleep on , well she says 3 people 2 rooms she says I have to pay for both rooms anyways ,so I was tired just wanted to relax so I said whatever.

$351.00 for our one night stay OMG so the president from snowmobile club was in restuarant so we got our 3 day permits they where very helpful and knowledgeable of the area.

on another note they said they where going to try to groom the A102Q this week ,great news 

not enough energy to post pics tonight

maybe in morning

Goodnite from Temiscaming

zrtkat &Crew

yes sometimes we bite off more than we can chew,been there & do it again.lousy about rooms,hope rest of trip is easier going

If I remember right, you were looking for info on getting back into Ontario, if not, ignore.

Kirkland Lake club posted on Facebook that the Larder Lake portion of A110Q was staked so I'm assuming it will go yellow or green on the OFSC ITG soon.  

Not sure if the Quebec side is passable but I heard some have run the ungroomed 12 km portion and some have run the edge of the highway.

If I remember right, you were looking for info on getting back into Ontario, if not, ignore.

Kirkland Lake club posted on Facebook that the Larder Lake portion of A110Q was staked so I'm assuming it will go yellow or green on the OFSC ITG soon.  

Not sure if the Quebec side is passable but I heard some have run the ungroomed 12 km portion and some have run the edge of the highway.

Thanks for the info I am going to come back in New Liskeard saturday ,was going to come into kirkland lake but heard about road running had enough of that for this trip

Greg

yes sometimes we bite off more than we can chew,been there & do it again.lousy about rooms,hope rest of trip is easier going

Thanks Glenn 

things should be okay starting today I hope LOL.

Espanola%20to%20Temiscaming%20Quebec%200

a few pics from yesterday ,will try to do better today a little stressed out yesterday LOL.

will report from Val-Dor tonight ,looks cold outside this morning ,warm-up coming hopefully not too bad ,hope we can make it back to truck in Sault ste Marie next wednesday 

Up-date from Temiscaming Zrtkat would not start this morning throwing code EC1 called arctic-cat shop in north bay ,fuel pump ,said relay frozen ,heated it up with my hand we are all good to go  :D

I've not had a sled that new yet, but I recall hearing about guys needing to use the blow dryer on their relays on the Rev sleds several yrs ago.

I've not had a sled that new yet, but I recall hearing about guys needing to use the blow dryer on their relays on the Rev sleds several yrs ago.

Hair dryer or just in your pocket for a few minutes will fix you up (BTDT)

Sorry to hear your troubles & getting stuck w/ 2 rooms.. Yeah that is a long stretch & no where near as "quick" as further north. Long days aren't fun. In '01 we struggled thru the STP during a freezing rain event. In planning we thought Elliot Lake to North Bay was 250 miles. Turns out it was 300 (no common point for mileages on the D11 & D12 maps. Got gas in Field around 5 PM as it was getting dark. Rolled into North Bay after 8 & it was still drizzling.

We weren't impressed w/ the routing thru Tem' during our trip either, lousy signage. So much for it being an "entry point". 

The QUEBEC side is NOT OPEN to Larder lake I got to experience that first hand last weekend.  What a mess that goat path is.  Avoid it or take the shoulder of the road to Kearns.

Archived