places to eat in Kearney

DoktorC

What's still open and good in the kearney area?

I vote for the Legion. Good food, good price, good service and supporting the community

Edgewater is better than ever. Suds still operating as per normal as far as I know.

The Iron Skillet closed but I believe a new place has recently opened in the same place, though not completely sure about that.

legion was very very fast and really good and cheap

The Chili was so good  on Family day Monday I had a second bowl for $5.00

anybody around for a ride Friday?

Yes DC I highly recommend the legion as well! Been there twice this year along with a few friends who also couldnt say enough good things about it. There is lots of space in there. Food is excellent! Hint they have an all day breakfast! An you cant beat the prices either! I paid for all 5 of us, 3 had breakfasts,1 had a poutine, 1 had chicken fingers and fries, plus all our drinks no alcohol came to 42$!  

Suds on Main ive heard for this year from several people that the service is crap! an dont know about the new iron skillet yet. 

In all seriousness, I also choose the legion as I know im helping to support something great that also gives back to the community!

Yes DC I highly recommend the legion as well! Been there twice this year along with a few friends who also couldnt say enough good things about it. There is lots of space in there. Food is excellent! Hint they have an all day breakfast! An you cant beat the prices either! I paid for all 5 of us, 3 had breakfasts,1 had a poutine, 1 had chicken fingers and fries, plus all our drinks no alcohol came to 42$!  

Suds on Main ive heard for this year from several people that the service is crap! an dont know about the new iron skillet yet. 

In all seriousness, I also choose the legion as I know im helping to support something great that also gives back to the community!

It seems that Suds on Main is consistent. Two years ago service was crap and now two years later it is still crap. I would have thought they would have gotten better with time but I guess some people will put up with it for the visibility and access to the trail and the ability to order beer. Too bad the legion isn't right on the trail with greater visibility.

legion is very very good fast and cheap

they should put a sign out by the road

great food and Nunz even treated me for lunch even though he rides a Polaris lol

My votes would be for the Legion, Silversands or Edgewater, we try and support all three when we are in that area. Suds on Main, went a couple of times and didn't have a pleasant experience.  Will also stop in and grab a coffee when at the Rickward's Polaris as he also owns the little variety type store there as well.

Martin from the iron skillet runs the kitchen at edgewater now, but the service sucks, just like suds, the owner at least is keeping things consistent with both places, lol

I always eat at Silversands, good food, lots of homemade stuff

I also found silversands to be good all around.

only was at legion years ago and it was fine.

I wonder if he will do the same for a Yamaha rider??

I'm going to have lunch at the legion tomorrow.

How are the trails in the area?

My vote goes to the Legion. Food was good, portions were big and price was reasonable. Nunz didn't treat me, must be the Cat.

My vote goes to the Legion. Food was good, portions were big and price was reasonable. Nunz didn't treat me, must be the Cat.

He's treated me many times, and I have two Cats.....LOL

See u and Muskoka cat guy both have Polaris's lol..

John used to have one but went meowww.. Lol

He's treated me many times, and I have two Cats.....LOL

See u and Muskoka cat guy both have Polaris's lol..

John used to have one but went meowww.. Lol

More of a roar than a meow. When's the last time you heard a lion meow?

The Legion has good food, quick service, even a pot of chili if you're really in a hurry.  This place needs our support - like most Legions, it's hurting bad.  No waitress service, you just go to the window at the kitchen, place your order, they call your name when it's ready.  Our group of seven ate there on Monday and they'll have my support from now on.  No more Sudz on Main after our last experience there a few weeks ago.

Archived