C101D Chapleau to Halfway haven Update

The Groomer Guy

For all of you guys waiting for this trail to open the Chapleau club sent a update via email to all the clubs in D-13 to let us know that their groomer was on it's way to Halfway Haven Last night and that if all goes well the trail would be posted available (Open). They also said that they will be heading next on the trail east heading to Foleyet. I'm hopping all went well and we will see this vital link open up soon.

Will keep you guys updated on this as soon as I get more information.

Luc, thanks for the update. If the new Chapleau club can get the C101D open from the D trail to Foleyet, is the plan for the Timmins club to open from Foleyet to Timmins. Opening this trail represents a big bonus to sledders, particularly this year with the season in the south almost a washout.  

Maybe relevant, from Marc Lapalme, of Timmins Snowmobile Club ....

So a little update on the progress. For the L143, the Elk lake Trailblazers will be packing from the south heading north and is looking good to reach 1/2 way.Timmins is working on packing and clearing to meet with Elk Lake hopefully at the same time but it could be by early next week. Our goal is to open it as soon as we can. C trail, by late next week the forestry company should have the new bridge in place. Also, the groomer on the Gogama side has broken down (not looking good to have it repaired), so we are in the process to sending another unit from another club to Gogama. The C101D is progressing well, Stay tuned to see a change in colours!!! A big thank you very much to our dedicated volunteers from all our clubs as well as our members! This has got to be one of the most challenging season I have seen in a while!! Whoa!!!

Archived