Shining Tree to Timmins and back

DARKSIDE

Just came down from Timmins on the Grassy Road (old L143) along with 12 other sledders. The good news is, they did a little plowing at the Timmins end, but the way they did it was done on purpose and left more than enough snow on the sides for snowmobiles. That's only for a few kms. Because as far as I know, this is the only way to get from Timmins down here. Because from what I hear, the New L143 is not up and running and probably won't be this season. I could be wrong. And just so Slow Touring Guy will know, all the machines had trail passes. LMAO. Nobody is trying to beat you out of money. They are just trying to find a place to ride their sleds. And Akron, you must have been on the wrong trails on the Family weekend, because I had over 80 guys on sleds in here as well as my camp was full. So the bosses here don't raise my points anymore because their pissed at me. So be it!

Right now, I guess there is no money for the money making clubs, which is much needed and I understand that. But you guys shouldn't deny guys who have trail permits and looking for a place to ride.

And I have anywhere from 25 guys or more a day, calling here wanting to know our hours and if I have gas. And I am open from 9 AM to 7 PM, 7 days a week. I am a normal gas station. I have 15000 gallons (not litres) of Premium gas. Been here 50 years. Didn't drag a tank in for 2 or 3 months out of the year. I guess all the phone calls is because the Groomer god is not answering his phone. I hope this post makes it but I seriously doubt it.

Answered his phone when we called. The trail will be open soon. But you already knew that I'm sure your just playing coy. You would think you would have an interest in it opening be you have fuel. A lot more people will be in when the trail opens up would imagine.

Your a bit strange!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear OC community,

Do not believe one word the Darkside is posting on this forum!

I happened to be at Grassy Lake road 35 km north of HWY 560 with a groomer at 10:00 pm, last night and again at 3 pm this afternoon, and guess what? It is plowed right down to the gravel from Hwy 560 all the way to Timmins and there is not a single sled track on this road. Not 12 sleds, not 25 sleds, not 100. As a matter of fact not a single one! Lies, lies, lies..........

The L143 will open as limited in a different location than the old L143 in the near future.

Darkside has a problem with the Gogama Snowmobile Club as well as the groomer operator from Shining Tree, who I may add, is one of the most experienced groomer operator in all of District 14, has continuously groomed the some of the best trails in all of northern eastern Ontario and volunteers several hundred hours a season brushing, signing, rescuing neighbouring club groomer operators and all other snowmobile related concerns. Please, when you ride in the Shining Tree area, buy your gas at Shining Tree Tourist Camp and support the ONLY Volunteer that looks after over 150 km of trail by himself. Do yourselves a favour and do not ride plowed highways and logging roads, as Darkside is suggesting.

As a matter of fact, if you want accurate information on trail status in the Shining Tree, Gowganda and Timmins area, email, call or Facebook message the Elk Lake Trail Blazers( GEM), Gogama Snowmobile Club or TATA.

All the trail information you have been reading from Darkside is inaccurate.

Darkside....enough!!!! Stop posting!

Signed,

One Royaly Pissed Off Volunteer that has been busting his ass off every single day trying to open up a trail for permit holders and comes back to read your bullshit!

Urs

Urs, judging by your post, I guess the friendship is over.  lol.  If you had read my post properly about them plowing up close to Timmins, and they did come all the way to 560.  But it's not down to the gravel and there is about 5 - 6 new inches of snow on it right now and it's 3am Wednesday morning.  I just drove down there.  Nothing I've said on here has been a lie and I don't like being accused of it Urs.  If you want to prove your point about Grassy being down to gravel, go over there and take a picture of it and post it.  I can't.  They won't let me post pictures or even tell me how.

I am not telling anyone where to ride.  I'm just telling them where I've been.  And one question for you.....What were you doing with a Groomer on a road plowed to gravel??  And my problems with the Groomer operator here and the Gogama Snowmobile Club, which I don't have a problem with, and I don't know where you got that from.  And the problems with the Groomer operator here in Shining Tree is a year round problem....just not snowmobile season.  So don't make it sound like it is.  I just don't like what he says about my camp period.  And if you call me a liar again, you'd better be ready to back it up.  You and the Elk Lake Club and the Gowganda Club, do an excellent job.  Never said they didn't.  Sorry you have taken this attitude Urs.

Urs, judging by your post, I guess the friendship is over.  lol.  If you had read my post properly about them plowing up close to Timmins, and they did come all the way to 560.  But it's not down to the gravel and there is about 5 - 6 new inches of snow on it right now and it's 3am Wednesday morning.  I just drove down there.  Nothing I've said on here has been a lie and I don't like being accused of it Urs.  If you want to prove your point about Grassy being down to gravel, go over there and take a picture of it and post it.  I can't.  They won't let me post pictures or even tell me how.

I am not telling anyone where to ride.  I'm just telling them where I've been.  And one question for you.....What were you doing with a Groomer on a road plowed to gravel??  And my problems with the Groomer operator here and the Gogama Snowmobile Club, which I don't have a problem with, and I don't know where you got that from.  And the problems with the Groomer operator here in Shining Tree is a year round problem....just not snowmobile season.  So don't make it sound like it is.  I just don't like what he says about my camp period.  And if you call me a liar again, you'd better be ready to back it up.  You and the Elk Lake Club and the Gowganda Club, do an excellent job.  Never said they didn't.  Sorry you have taken this attitude Urs.

I guess its put up or shut up time.

Here is how to post a picture

Thank you for that information.  I'll go there and see if I can figure it out, so I can post a picture or two.  Again, thank you very much.

... go over there and take a picture of it and post it.  I can't.  They won't let me post pictures or even tell me how....

No one has stopped you from posting pictures!. Getting tired of the way you post on here, so you may get your wish soon.

No one has stopped you from posting pictures!. Getting tired of the way you post on here, so you may get your wish soon.

Sounds to me that it's getting due.  Lot of bs'ing going on, hard to tell most times from where, not so hard this time though.

I'm sorry Reved.  But I didn't realize every post I made had to agree with you.  You guys are 600-700 km south of here and have no idea what's going on up here.  And your trip up for 1 night, doesn't allow you to demonish me.  Just some heads up for you, 30 years ago or so, Urs's daughter and her boyfriend, use to spend their weekends at my camp on Nipissing.  So I guess now, moneys getting tight, heh Urs?  I don't have a restaurant and a bar like you, which pulls straight in and away from there.  They ask me why I don't advertise on the map and that's because, it cost me more than I get off snowmobilers.  And if you slander me again Urs, I'll let you tell your opinion to a judge, because now I have it in writing.  And all the people on this forum that are jumping my ass, where are the pictures that prove I'm wrong?  I have the pictures now but I won't post them because everybody here is on my case.  Money talks and bullshit walks......right boys?  Whether you ban me or not, I've lots of friends on here that you don't know about.  They are scared to post because of people like you.  

Just to give you a little insight, our groomer operator has essentially shut my camp and Three Bears off 5 years ago.  When Brandon Baker of Three Bears handed him the groomer on a silver plater.  And 3 years ago, we had 7or 8 snowmobilers up here, who spent 8 hours running up and down the trail to Three Bears.  And it was a good packed trail.  The very next morning the groomer operator went over and used the groomer to bank it so nobody could get through.  I thought that was pretty shitty of him.  Well I just want to let him know, I just purchased a front end loader for 80,000.00 grand.  He's going to have a hell of a time doing that again.  Also he keeps screwing with my mail which is a Federal offence, we'll see how that works out for him.

You guys from Southern Ontario have no idea what's going on up here or could care less I guess.  And like I said, why should I post pictures, which I have, and defy anybody to post to the contrary?  There you go!  End of my rant!

Maybe if you guys spent more than 1 night a year up here, you would know what was going on.  Probably not though.  LMAO 

I'm sorry Reved.  But I didn't realize every post I made had to agree with you.  You guys are 600-700 km south of here and have no idea what's going on up here.  And your trip up for 1 night, doesn't allow you to demonish me.  Just some heads up for you, 30 years ago or so, Urs's daughter and her boyfriend, use to spend their weekends at my camp on Nipissing.  So I guess now, moneys getting tight, heh Urs?  I don't have a restaurant and a bar like you, which pulls straight in and away from there.  They ask me why I don't advertise on the map and that's because, it cost me more than I get off snowmobilers.  And if you slander me again Urs, I'll let you tell your opinion to a judge, because now I have it in writing.  And all the people on this forum that are jumping my ass, where are the pictures that prove I'm wrong?  I have the pictures now but I won't post them because everybody here is on my case.  Money talks and bullshit walks......right boys?  Whether you ban me or not, I've lots of friends on here that you don't know about.  They are scared to post because of people like you.  

Just to give you a little insight, our groomer operator has essentially shut my camp and Three Bears off 5 years ago.  When Brandon Baker of Three Bears handed him the groomer on a silver plater.  And 3 years ago, we had 7or 8 snowmobilers up here, who spent 8 hours running up and down the trail to Three Bears.  And it was a good packed trail.  The very next morning the groomer operator went over and used the groomer to bank it so nobody could get through.  I thought that was pretty shitty of him.  Well I just want to let him know, I just purchased a front end loader for 80,000.00 grand.  He's going to have a hell of a time doing that again.  Also he keeps screwing with my mail which is a Federal offence, we'll see how that works out for him.

You guys from Southern Ontario have no idea what's going on up here or could care less I guess.  And like I said, why should I post pictures, which I have, and defy anybody to post to the contrary?  There you go!  End of my rant!

Maybe if you guys spent more than 1 night a year up here, you would know what was going on.  Probably not though.  LMAO 

So, just want to say....I happen to be Urs' oldest daughter, and I was born in 1996. So, I'm only turning 20 this year. Not sure what kind of math you're doing, but there is no way i was at your place 30 years ago..?

Also, 30 years ago, my dad was a 13 year old boy attending high school in Europe, so not sure how he had a daughter old enough to be vacationing with her boyfriend and also do his homework :P 

If that doesn't discredit this entire post, I don't know what does.

Go home buddy. You're only hurting yourself

So.....GEM trailblazers post that he's full of it, Urs posts the same, now Urs' daughter. Can't wait for Quick to chime in. The guys in the south don't need to go visit - the folks up there are clearing things up nicely.

From my experience with you, it appears you are a very difficult person to deal with. That is most likely the reason you are not involved. 

Keep posting because with every new post there is a new person who you seem to have a problem with. At some point you may come to the realizations that it just might be yourself that has the problem.

Just incase you come around, here is a link you may want to have a look at. http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/get-help/

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s60.photobucket.com/user/DARKSIDE55/embed/slideshow/Grassy%20Road%20%20old%20L143"></iframe>

I'm trying to post the pictures.  Hope it works.  Well the pictures didn't come up but the link is there.  As you can see, there's no gravel.  Less snow than a week ago but more coming tomorrow. 

So, just want to say....I happen to be Urs' oldest daughter, and I was born in 1996. So, I'm only turning 20 this year. Not sure what kind of math you're doing, but there is no way i was at your place 30 years ago..?

Also, 30 years ago, my dad was a 13 year old boy attending high school in Europe, so not sure how he had a daughter old enough to be vacationing with her boyfriend and also do his homework :P 

If that doesn't discredit this entire post, I don't know what does.

Go home buddy. You're only hurting yourself

Ok, I may have misunderstood your Mother a couple of years ago.  She told me that a very old friend of mine was dating her daughter.  And I don't want to drag him into this.  But ask your Mom.  Ask Bobby, he can tell you who it was.  If it wasn't their daughter then I don't know who it was.  Sorry for the mix up.  

Darkside,

I'm fairly sure you are oblivious enough to not have realized you have repeatedly shot yourself in the foot here.  I can imagine the impact this type of communication will have or already has had on your business.  Just based on your perceived efforts to discredit everyone in your area from the club to your competitors, I would not give you the time of day let alone my money. 

That said, if you have good intentions it is certainly not coming across through this media.  Quite the opposite.

I urge you to stop posting what you can hear yourself saying, the way you are saying it and start looking at the text from the other side and how it may be read and perceived.

To your earlier comment, yes I happen to have the option to remove you from this forum, however the volunteers who operate this forum typically prefer to let things play out.  This forum is operated to benefit Ontario Snowmobilers who are respectful and ethical.  On occasion we get the Freedom Sledder types on here, but they don't stick around as their BS is not tolerated by the general membership. 

That's who we are, now you just need to decide who you are and if this is the place for you.  

Regards,

The Monkey with Admin rights!

(Don't let the Avatar fool you)

common demonator?

Sorry to see you get in on this, being the little camp you are, 7 hours south of here and on a lake that was fished out 10 years ago, and you are slamming me?  Go ahead.  Everybody else is.  And when I post pictures that defies what Urs said, and apologized to his little girl for the confusion, nobody came back about them.  It's not surprising though, is it.  You just want to crucify me because I'm taking money out of your pockets.  But that, I expected.  And Slow Touring Guy is just a bozo.  He doesn't know what he is posting.  He's just interested in slamming me.  But you can count on it, there will be a different ball game here next year whether I'm on here or not.  So there you go, Monkey Man.  So you're the big shot and pays the bills, go for it.  Even if I'm not on here, it's not going to stop me from telling people that call or sleds that come in here, what's going on.  

That ought to do it.

Just a little bit to my last post, if you think I'm going to sit here and not defend myself with everybody slamming me, you are very much mistaken.  Most people are scared of you big shots, I guess.  They would agree with you right or wrong and jump on the band wagon.  Still waiting for a post that shows no gravel on Grassy or from Urs, that said he had a groomer on a gravel road.  If you people on this forum can't see that this a one way street and it sure as hell ain't my way.

That ought to do it.

You think.!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL

That ought to do it.

It did.

Has the moderator team given any consideration to removing this whole thread?

Archived